Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Email from a UW Booster about Sark and Woodward

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club
This was a booster's response to my comment that Sark basically stopped recruiting in mid-October as he began plotting his escape to USC. (Reprinted with permission.)
If so, his assistant coaches had to aware of the decision. Peter Sirmon was the Recruiting Coordinator. There had to have been a concerted effort to slow the recruiting efforts down. After all, the UW had the fewest number of commits, to date, of ANY D-1 school. It would suggest that all of the assistant coaches, unless totally naive, would have been aware of the plans. Woody and some of the more influential supporters should be embarrassed for being so blinded by their loyalty to Sark. Now, two of our highly rated commits have flipped to USC. Sark's loyalty to the UW and display of character was non-existent. Frankly, the whole situation disgusts me.

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    that's pretty much what I said 14 seconds after the news broke that Sark was leaving, hence my term "coup de'Sark".
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    The first time I heard sarkisian speak I remarked that he was as glib as can be and it turns out to be true. You guys were scammed. The shithead.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    the doogs felt if you got the youngest head coach in the world that was a good thing... we felt the AD was playing slots.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Water is wet.

He's gone.

If Petersen is who we think he is none of this matters.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Meek said:

the fun part is going to be watching Sark tank at USC as he continues his weight gain and LA becomes more and more UCLA's town.

That was my big argument with my Sark friends, I was always like why are you so loyal to a guy who isn't loyal to UW, his wife, his players or anyone for that matter.

I kept saying over and over first chance Sark gets he is bailing out of here to USC or the NFL so why be so loyal to him?

I remember Doogs telling me "You can't fire Sark, what if he's the next Saban?". Which I would always counter even if he is this next great coach it won't ever be for UW.

It's sad how those pro Sark fans are now pinning this crappy class on Petersen, even hearing "Funny how all you anti Sark guys couldn't wait for him to leave and now we have a crappy recruiting class now cause you got your wish".

Nevermind, Sark fucked us like Ty did during 2008 when both realized they weren't coming back they stopped recruiting. That was my big argument on why you had to fire him after the Apple Cup last year, I was like in year five he'll either prove himself and LEAVE! or he'll fail and thus be fired. Either way he won't be recruiting at all.

I'm glad we ended up with Petersen but leading up to that hire Woodward looked totally incompetent as an A.D. I'm thinking his hiring of Petersen was more like Emmert hiring Saban which is to say pure ass luck.

Sark didnt bail at first chance. Usc offered once before
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Meek said:

the fun part is going to be watching Sark tank at USC as he continues his weight gain and LA becomes more and more UCLA's town.

That was my big argument with my Sark friends, I was always like why are you so loyal to a guy who isn't loyal to UW, his wife, his players or anyone for that matter.

I kept saying over and over first chance Sark gets he is bailing out of here to USC or the NFL so why be so loyal to him?

I remember Doogs telling me "You can't fire Sark, what if he's the next Saban?". Which I would always counter even if he is this next great coach it won't ever be for UW.

It's sad how those pro Sark fans are now pinning this crappy class on Petersen, even hearing "Funny how all you anti Sark guys couldn't wait for him to leave and now we have a crappy recruiting class now cause you got your wish".

Nevermind, Sark fucked us like Ty did during 2008 when both realized they weren't coming back they stopped recruiting. That was my big argument on why you had to fire him after the Apple Cup last year, I was like in year five he'll either prove himself and LEAVE! or he'll fail and thus be fired. Either way he won't be recruiting at all.

I'm glad we ended up with Petersen but leading up to that hire Woodward looked totally incompetent as an A.D. I'm thinking his hiring of Petersen was more like Emmert hiring Saban which is to say pure ass luck.

Sark didnt bail at first chance. Usc offered once before
    Allegedly ...
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    about Sark gaining weight - need Charlie Weis be worried?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    We were right.

How long before we hear " you have no idea the damage sark did" from Kim?
    We were right.

• SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    We were right.

• SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    We were right.

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Sark, handed blank checks, a new stadium and a salary he didn't deserve. You are welcome Steve. What a Guy!!!
    Never liked the guy will enjoy his demise in socal. But what does he care??? He can pay straight cash homie.....
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,947 Swaye's Wigwam
    Shocking....um...not?

I've read and heard a few things indicating that Sirmon was Sark's kind of sleaze bag. Funny I've always thought of Lupoi as a bit of a sleaze bag, but I'm getting the sense now that he was the lesser of the two. Sirmon earned the title of recruiting coordinator for a reason.
    Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    Fenwick said:

At least they will have something in common to discuss during pre-game at the Meineke Car Care Bowl in three years.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club

Fenwick said:

At least they will have something in common to discuss during pre-game at the Meineke Car Care Bowl in three years.
    The Trojans will need a win there in order to finish 7-6.