Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yellow is lucky I post this here at all

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://huskyhalfbrains.wordpress.com/

The legend

So you trust this guy to make the call?
July 23, 2008
“When Tyrone became available a few weeks ago, we were absolutely stunned and elated,” said Emmert. “So for me, this was a very, very easy choice. When we sat down and talked with Tyrone, it couldn’t have been clearer in my mind that this was the man that we wanted to lead the University of Washington back to its former glory days. I’m absolutely delighted that Coach Willingham is with us, we couldn’t be more lucky.”

That is from the Seattle Times story on the elated Football President after the freshly fired, err, became available Ty Willingham was introduced.

We’re here Mark and we’re not going anywhere.

Get John Mackovic in the Green Room and have him ready to go.

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon? What about Oregon?

The lid lifter is being called the most important game of Ty’s career for reasons that escape your humble correspondent. As Allan Iverson points out, we’re talking about Oregon. I mean, it’s Oregon. We’re talking about Oregon. Oregon?

Just because Ty is 1-8 against our Northwest non rivals and has suffered three straight humiliating defeats to Oregon is no reason to get all stupid and think this game means any more that any other in the nightmare that is Ty’s career here. The Huskies often start strong under Ty and have beat some middling Pac 10 schools before under Ty and Ty has shown a remarkable ability to not build on that limited success and to fall flat on his face with his annual 6 game losing streak.

Real tough opponents follow Oregon and beating the fading Ducks before they fade is no assurance that the Huskies will beat the real tough teams that follow. And we all know that if the Huskies lose, it will just be one game and there will be 11 games left and it’s too early to give up on Ty yet and blah and a blah and more blah.

A win will be hailed as a seminal moment in Husky history and do we need to say anything more about how far this program has fallen than to say that? The media lap dogs will rush to remove Ty from the hot seat they placed him on and the praise will flow from the Tybots like blood from a gaping wound.

We’ll give our Half Brain prediction a little later this summer.

As I recall UW should have won rather easily

2008 and we? still thought Oregon was a fluke
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can remember looking back at the earlier version of this site and thinking who the fuck are these clowns? Little did I know how my life would change.

MOVIE NARRATOR’S VOICE: Unfortunately for @YellowSnow life was about to get much worse.
    We won our first Pac title in 16 yrs within 2 months of my joining HH. I good luck.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I can remember looking back at the earlier version of this site and thinking who the fuck are these clowns? Little did I know how my life would change.

BRB, JO
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club

I was the one who suggested to iDawg to put a nuclear bomb going off for the masthead. LOL Ahh , the memories
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I was the one who suggested to iDawg to put a nuclear bomb going off for the masthead. LOL Ahh , the memories
    Too much war imagery
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

MOVIE NARRATOR’S VOICE: Unfortunately for @YellowSnow life was about to get much worse.
    My girl is en fuego!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The lid lifter is being called the most important game of Ty’s career for reasons that escape your humble correspondent. As Allan Iverson points out, we’re talking about Oregon. I mean, it’s Oregon. We’re talking about Oregon. Oregon?

Just because Ty is 1-8 against our Northwest non rivals and has suffered three straight humiliating defeats to Oregon is no reason to get all stupid and think this game means any more that any other in the nightmare that is Ty’s career here. The Huskies often start strong under Ty and have beat some middling Pac 10 schools before under Ty and Ty has shown a remarkable ability to not build on that limited success and to fall flat on his face with his annual 6 game losing streak.

Real tough opponents follow Oregon and beating the fading Ducks before they fade is no assurance that the Huskies will beat the real tough teams that follow. And we all know that if the Huskies lose, it will just be one game and there will be 11 games left and it’s too early to give up on Ty yet and blah and a blah and more blah.

A win will be hailed as a seminal moment in Husky history and do we need to say anything more about how far this program has fallen than to say that? The media lap dogs will rush to remove Ty from the hot seat they placed him on and the praise will flow from the Tybots like blood from a gaping wound.

To be fair Oregon was pretty hit or miss and mostly nothing special under Bellotti. His last year, they got their hopes up but then Dixon tore his knee and TSWO.

They made the smart move and forced Bellotti out so that they wouldn’t lose Chip.
    Then Chip got blown out by Boise

But.....Unfortunately for Husky fans, life was about to get much worse
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948
    edited February 2020

Hardcore Husky is Nakatomi Plaza and @RaceBannon is our Hans Gruber.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

To be fair Oregon was pretty hit or miss and mostly nothing special under Bellotti. His last year, they got their hopes up but then Dixon tore his knee and TSWO.

They made the smart move and forced Bellotti out so that they wouldn’t lose Chip.
    Then Chip got blown out by Boise

But.....Unfortunately for Husky fans, life was about to get much worse
    "Chip Kelly is imploding that program as we speak."

- Race Bannon (ten years too soon)
    And a couple teams too soon