Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For Fuck Sakes

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Can't wait for Trump to run against Bernie...

At Bernie Sanders rally, Ilhan Omar pitches her plan to spend $1 trillion on “12 million new homes for the homeless..."pic.twitter.com/94B9on97xe

— Citizen Free Press (@TheDailyBail) February 2, 2020

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    30K per house and 53K per house overhead*

*overhead = skimming
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

30K per house and 53K per house overhead*

*overhead = skimming

Being part of the nomenklatura ain’t cheap. Dachas can be very expensive.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,593
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How on earth does any not believe she is trying her best to ruin this country-
  • Options

How on earth does any not believe she is trying her best to ruin this country-

Liberals would rather be “safe” than free.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

At Bernie Sanders rally, Ilhan Omar pitches her plan to spend $1 trillion on “12 million new homes for the homeless..."pic.twitter.com/94B9on97xe

People are homeless because there is a lack of affordable housing. That's why you don't see hardly any of the illegal immigrant population among the homeless population. The illegals can afford the housing.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,849
    As I have often said people are homeless because they want to be. That is the most common reason. They get hammered either on booze or drugs and don't give two shits about anything nor do they want to care. They don't worry about a thing and like the lifestyle. I arrested some of the same people for almost 30 years. They don't want help and refuse all the available programs. I've seen a lot of them die too. The body can only take so much abuse. The only transient I liked was brutally murdered by one of the others for his tiny social security check.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

As I have often said people are homeless because they want to be. That is the most common reason. They get hammered either on booze or drugs and don't give two shits about anything nor do they want to care. They don't worry about a thing and like the lifestyle. I arrested some of the same people for almost 30 years. They don't want help and refuse all the available programs. I've seen a lot of them die too. The body can only take so much abuse. The only transient I liked was brutally murdered by one of the others for his tiny social security check.

I would disagree that they want to be homeless. If you gave them a home they'd live in it. What they don't want to do, is stop engaging in the behavior that made them homeless in the first place. They aren't willing to stop doing drugs or stop drinking which makes it impossible for them to get a job and make any money to provide themselves with a home.

Doing drugs, getting high, and engaging in criminal activity to support that behavior is far more preferable than what it would take to support yourself legitimately. The very worst thing you can do for these people is make their drunken, druggie lifestyle easier for them. Unfortunately, because liberals are fucking stupid and they believe all problems can be solved by spending other people's money, the policies being promoted by leftist to address the homeless problem only encourages more homelessness.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

I would disagree that they want to be homeless. If you gave them a home they'd live in it. What they don't want to do, is stop engaging in the behavior that made them homeless in the first place. They aren't willing to stop doing drugs or stop drinking which makes it impossible for them to get a job and make any money to provide themselves with a home.

Doing drugs, getting high, and engaging in criminal activity to support that behavior is far more preferable than what it would take to support yourself legitimately. The very worst thing you can do for these people is make their drunken, druggie lifestyle easier for them. Unfortunately, because liberals are fucking stupid and they believe all problems can be solved by spending other people's money, the policies being promoted by leftist to address the homeless problem only encourages more homelessness.

Camps. Vantage. Stat.

Clean their shit up or stay out in the desert. Treatment > Rehab > Job re-training > Re-enter society. Each camp closer to civilization then the next.

Pick them up at the rest area at the top of the hill with a free bus ticket to wherever they want to go.

Problem solved.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Camps. Vantage. Stat.

Clean their shit up or stay out in the desert. Treatment > Rehab > Job re-training > Re-enter society. Each camp closer to civilization then the next.

Pick them up at the rest area at the top of the hill with a free bus ticket to wherever they want to go.

Problem solved.

I'm in. But the first "camp" is going to have be some kind of prison.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Camps. Vantage. Stat.

Problem solved.

Hellz yeah. Maybe a few will shank one another.

Cost-containment.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Camps. Vantage. Stat.

Problem solved.

Cost-containment.
    Large inescapable canyon in the desert, throw them all in and see who's left after a year.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Camps. Vantage. Stat.

Problem solved.

Cost-containment.
    Large inescapable canyon in the desert, throw them all in and see who's left after a year.
    Put a fence around the Gorge.

Don't fuck up my concerts.

• Options

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Camps. Vantage. Stat.

Problem solved.

Cost-containment.
    Put a fence around the Gorge.

Don't fuck up my concerts.

I was thinking more remote, hotter and in Kalifornia.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

This is 100% true.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

This is 100% true.
    Actually it's not at all true. Not everyone is homeless because of drugs or alcohol. In fact those people are a lot smaller portion of the homeless population than you'd think. Sure that's some of them. A lot of others have mental issues and nothing to do with drugs. Others just don't know how to live within the constructs that you and I think it's normal.

I worked with a non profit that found homeless people and put them in homes. You'd be amazed how many people refused a place to live as they don't understand that way of life. You'd also be amazed how many people work that are homeless. Many people were able to turn their life around as a result of the program. Some not so much.

But just discarding everyone that's homeless as a drunk or did addict is fucktarded.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Because when people are given places to live for free or below market prices they tend to take great care of the place. Like the housing projects of Chicago. Pride of ownership shines through.

Yes, and because many of the people living in those neighborhoods are unemployed they have all the time in the world to keep their neighborhoods clean and well maintained. You’ll rarely see any litter or garbage in these neighborhoods because the people living there just won’t allow it and they have the free time to make sure their communities are clean and tidy.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

People are homeless because there is a lack of affordable housing. That's why you don't see hardly any of the illegal immigrant population among the homeless population. The illegals can afford the housing.

That's actually not true at all. Most people who are homeless are homeless due to addiction and mental health problems.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

That's actually not true at all. Most people who are homeless are homeless due to addiction and mental health problems.

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm