Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greatest SOLO rock artist of all time?

2»

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck off Row Peter Puffer, the correct answer is...
    Yellow Brick Road is a masterpiece, but I love me some Billy Joel. And not certain if they count, but Carly Simon, Neil Diamond, and James Taylor are some other faves. Oh and Kelly Clarkson. Tee hee. Joe Walsh also wrote a great song for the second greatest movie of all time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljSuROOUxg8
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Neil Young

chuck said:

chuck said:

I don't know about him qualifying for this poll, but I'm always going to vote for Neil. The rest of the list would rank as follows:

Fuck off peter puffer
    Dylan
    Hendrix
    Berry
    John
    Simon
    Bowie
    Springsteen
    Elvis
    Reno

How do you figure Neil not being a top 10 solo artist of the rock era? He’s second only to Dylan as a songwriter and in some respects his body of work is more impressive. He was making great albums into the 90s.
    Oh I put him at #1 easily provided he fits the definition of a solo artist. Its just that these categories...front man, solo artist...are a little vague to me.
    81% 90% of Neil's body of work was outside of Buffalo Springfield and CSNY. I don't know where this narrative is coming from that he was in "groups" more than he was a "solo" act.
    Crazy Horse, The Stray Gators, The Shocking Pinks, The Ducks (obscure reference)...

I get what you're saying. I'm fine with categorizing him that way. I just think the lines are blurry and an argument can be made either way. He's bounced between different projects, genres and backing outfits so many times and for so long. He kind of defies clean categorization.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Yellow Brick Road is a masterpiece, but I love me some Billy Joel. And not certain if they count, but Carly Simon, Neil Diamond, and James Taylor are some other faves. Oh and Kelly Clarkson. Tee hee. Joe Walsh also wrote a great song for the second greatest movie of all time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljSuROOUxg8

Billy Joel puts on a helluva show. See it before he croaks.

Neil Young does absolutely zip for me. Sorry.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Elvis Presley

whlinder said:

Shakira “playing” that guitar for 10 seconds is enough for me to put her #1

I couldn’t understand what she’s saying? @creepycoug ?

That’s @Pitchfork51 ‘s dream women right there.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Jimi Hendrix
    Toss up between Jimi and Elvis for me