Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I used to live right up the block. The Red Door was always a good place to hang out. This was a long time ago.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Was just talking about this place with a friend who was asking if anyone goes there anymore. Guess we have our answer.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,244
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I haven't been there since 1995
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I haven't been there since 1995

TRDDWYA
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rip

Got one phone number their once. Didn’t close the sale. Sad.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

I used to live right up the block. The Red Door was always a good place to hang out. This was a long time ago.

You were a long way from the logging camp.
    Seriously. Shifting gears from Camp Govey and Camp Grisdale to Kane Hall was a bit of a culture shock.

There was a biker bar on Fremont just up the hill from the Red Door. The Buckaroo. You'd see the coolest bikes out in front - old Triumphs and Indians - but I never went in because smoking weed and talking shit in a biker bar can get your ass beat.

I've been away from Seattle for a long time. I think sometimes I miss it - but I'm pretty sure if I went back, all the shit I remembered wouldn't be the same anyway. Just like Grisdale and Govey.

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rip

A fren lived 3 blocks up from the strip, had a hot tub. We didn't get numbers, just took em there.

I've still never eaten a sammich from Paseo
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2020
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Seriously. Shifting gears from Camp Govey and Camp Grisdale to Kane Hall was a bit of a culture shock.

There was a biker bar on Fremont just up the hill from the Red Door. The Buckaroo. You'd see the coolest bikes out in front - old Triumphs and Indians - but I never went in because smoking weed and talking shit in a biker bar can get your ass beat.

I've been away from Seattle for a long time. I think sometimes I miss it - but I'm pretty sure if I went back, all the shit I remembered wouldn't be the same anyway. Just like Grisdale and Govey.

Short story tim - back in the day, when Creepycoug was just an idea and a dream that had yet come to fruition, I was a summer associate at a downtown Seattle law firm. Back in those days, they would wine and dine the living shit out of you and the whole summer was one big boon doggle (sp?) after another. Anyway, one of the firm's traditions was the 'dive bar tour', and we would go from shit-hole bar to shit-hole bar and drink and move on. Needless to say, the future Mrs. Creep was holding my hair (sure.gif) as spent the early morning with my head where my ass usually goes.

Anywho, the Buckaroo was where the tour began. I remember it well. A bunch of yuppy wannabe pretend lawyer shit pants mixing it up with the 'other' folks. Fun tims. It actually was. Everybody was cool. There was some decent ass with us, which always helps.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

dflea said:

Short story tim - back in the day, when Creepycoug was just an idea and a dream that had yet come to fruition, I was a summer associate at a downtown Seattle law firm. Back in those days, they would wine and dine the living shit out of you and the whole summer was one big boon doggle (sp?) after another. Anyway, one of the firm's traditions was the 'dive bar tour', and we would go from shit-hole bar to shit-hole bar and drink and move on. Needless to say, the future Mrs. Creep was holding my hair (sure.gif) as spent the early morning with my head where my ass usually goes.

Anywho, the Buckaroo was where the tour began. I remember it well. A bunch of yuppy wannabe pretend lawyer shit pants mixing it up with the 'other' folks. Fun tims. It actually was. Everybody was cool. There was some decent ass with us, which always helps.
    You should publish the collected short stories of Creepy CUOG.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946

dflea said:

dflea said:

You have not lived until you’ve gone into a logger bar wearing topsiders and a flipped up collar pink Izod.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

dflea said:

You have not lived until you’ve gone into a logger bar wearing topsiders and a flipped up collar pink Izod.

Fletch meets Wallace, ID?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Rip

What was his name?
  • Options
    Founders Club

dflea said:

dflea said:

The Buckaroo closed in 2010. I went there a few times back in the early 2000s in my still trying to pretend like I'm in college phase.

Nickerson Street Saloon is going to shut down too.

Progress sucks.
    Neuheisel used to have his coach's radio show there