Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A new tax should help

2»

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

We could deal with the homeless problem over night but lack the political will to do so.

{Eating Popcorn}

Can't wait to hear this one.
    You invite each homeless person into your house and offer to blow them.
    I'm sure you, your wife and children have removed dozens of men from the streets with this technique, but what about homeless women and children. You must have an alternate plan?
    You're not interested in any plan and you'll run and hide like a fucking Kunt after I provide one. Fuck off.

Would be a good idea if that would stop a growing problem. But if you leave food out for the rats, you get more rats. That's what the leftards have been doing for the homeless and then seemed shocked that the problem is getting worse.

Since most California cities and the state government believe that homelessness is caused by a lack of affordable housing their answer is to build more housing and give it to the homeless. Now what do you think that is going to do to California's already exploding homeless population? Hell if I live in Arizona or Nevada or Colorado I'm buying a one way bus ticket to California for every homeless person in my state that I can find.

Go to California, they'll give you a place to live. And what exactly do you think that housing is going to look like within a year or 6 months? It will be a complete fucking shit-hole with crime, disease and squalor.

It will make Cabrini-Green look like Club Med.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Would be a good idea if that would stop a growing problem. But if you leave food out for the rats, you get more rats. That's what the leftards have been doing for the homeless and then seemed shocked that the problem is getting worse.

Since most California cities and the state government believe that homelessness is caused by a lack of affordable housing their answer is to build more housing and give it to the homeless. Now what do you think that is going to do to California's already exploding homeless population? Hell if I live in Arizona or Nevada or Colorado I'm buying a one way bus ticket to California for every homeless person in my state that I can find.

Go to California, they'll give you a place to live. And what exactly do you think that housing is going to look like within a year or 6 months? It will be a complete fucking shit-hole with crime, disease and squalor.

It will make Cabrini-Green look like Club Med.
    Shocking you are too big of a pussy to provide a solution yourself. Other than your obvious homoerotic plan.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Government causes high prices because of regulation. Largely zoning and transportation regulation. The Portland metro area has a strict urban growth boundary which drives up land prices. Toss in the fact that we haven't had a major highway expansion since the 1970s. No new bridges since the I-205 bridge in 1982. Toss in the crappy public school systems and then you get island oasis of intact families who do care about education like West Linn and Lake Oswego in the Portland suburbs. Both areas are totally built out. Both are adjacent to the urban growth boundary.

Not to mention massive permitting fees and things like requiring sprinkler systems in new residential construction and making them "solar ready".

Fucking idiots
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,011 Standard Supporter
    Cali requires expensive solar power on new residential construction.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    People forget about the years it takes to get a plot approved for new home building. And all the goodies that every jurisdiction wants from the development

Before a nail is hammered. Lefties think the builder will just eat that
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,945 Founders Club
    There's a bum looking RV parked about a block down my street. If one ever parks in front of my house I will lose my shit and probably get arrested. The end is nigh for ol Yeller. It's been fun guys.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    They cut major funding for nuthouses in the 80s. That might have had an effect.

Many sane types who work in low wage jobs are homeless. Democrats don't do much for them.
    Yeah but Republican run cities have homeless too and this is just the conservative press trying to make a liberal run city look bad.
    edited February 2020

They cut major funding for nuthouses in the 80s. That might have had an effect.

Many sane types who work in low wage jobs are homeless. Democrats don't do much for them.

Rats have total control over the state government, as the article points out SF has a city budget of over $12 Billion a year. Why haven’t they allocated more money for nuthouses?

Very few of the people living on the streets shitting on the sidewalks and stealing from cars and stores have jobs.

The overwhelming majority of the homeless are either mentally ill, or have substance abuse problems or both.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Yeah but Republican run cities have homeless too and this is just the conservative press trying to make a liberal run city look bad.
    Thx for the free pub man.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited February 2020

LA could have cut a check for $20,000 to each homeless person last year for what they spent. Would have probably done more good that way than whatever Democratic rathole it went down.

It does make me curious where that money went? On new Coleman tents for the folks on skid row? On lavish parties that cost a couple million where the powers that be pat each other on the back for getting this money?