Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With Vinyl Making A Comeback, A Treasure Trove Could Be On Your Shelf Or Packed Away Somewhere

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Or thrown away by your wife

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We were moving from ,my downtown bachelor pad to a family condo on Lake Washington and the records were not invited. I didn't care much at the time because they were all played. They only have REAL value in the wrapper
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We were moving from ,my downtown bachelor pad to a family condo on Lake Washington and the records were not invited. I didn't care much at the time because they were all played. They only have REAL value in the wrapper

Not true necessarily. Your Eagles records weren't and are still not worth shit. Your Neil Young records if they weren't too beat up sell four about $20 to $30 a pop used now. Your Gap Bad records sell for even more than this used. $50 +
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

Story time

My best friend from high school was an album collector specializing in NW Rock which is much larger than you might think back in the day. I was the bank since I had a job. This was early 80's. We'd scour stores and bins looking for finds. He was writing a book as well. We went to Seaside Oregon the day our DAWGS beat Michigan in 84 to interview Pat O'Day

We kind of lost touch until I saw that he had parlayed all of that into a job as a curator for Paul Allen at the Experience Music Project. No, I never got paid back a dime

I did run into him at Vulcan because the building they were in was one of mine as a commercial flooring PM. A bit awkward. The atmosphere in the office was oppressive by the way. I wouldn't have fit in anyway

To be fair we got on invite to the opening but no VIP treatment.

CSB

Obligatory "cool story bro".

Roger on the oppressiveness of Vulcan. Allen is viewed around Seattle, and in part rightly so, as some kind of saintly person. He wasn't. And every person from my law firm who got recruited to go over there didn't last two years. It wasn't so much Paul himself. You had to be pretty high up to even say hello to the guy. But his first-level lieutenants - guys like Kolde, Whitsit, Savoy and that crew - reflected his intensity and the whole place was a pressure cooker. Privacy was taken to an extreme that would befit a Nero-like ruler. People got fired for looking at him for too long when he came into the office. One guy got fired for saying the name "Monica Seles" out loud. I'm not shitting you here. The guy was manic and paranoid about a lot of things.

Side story tim - I got to work on a transaction involving the Hawks and had the displeasure of spending 20 minutes in a room with Whitsit, or however you spell it. To this day, he is the most giant sized cock sucker I have ever dealt with in bidness. And I'm a fucking pretend lawyer for Christ's sake. I've been dealing with bankers and other Guido bros most of my adult life. He was the most rude and condescending prick I've ever met. Fuck that guy. I hope he gets hit by a train.
    Good point. My takeaway was that the functionaries thought they had the billions of dollars
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    There's a private Facebook group that reposts asinine sales listings.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

There's a private Facebook group that reposts asinine sales listings.

That’s good chit Grumble
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This is like Goldfinger irradiating Fort Knox to make his stash more valuable. My retirement might be coming early.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is like Goldfinger irradiating Fort Knox to make his stash more valuable. My retirement might be coming early.

I saw this yesterday and am in freak out mode right now. Hopefully, the market place can get this resolved soon than later. There is money to be made.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Story time

My best friend from high school was an album collector specializing in NW Rock which is much larger than you might think back in the day. I was the bank since I had a job. This was early 80's. We'd scour stores and bins looking for finds. He was writing a book as well. We went to Seaside Oregon the day our DAWGS beat Michigan in 84 to interview Pat O'Day

We kind of lost touch until I saw that he had parlayed all of that into a job as a curator for Paul Allen at the Experience Music Project. No, I never got paid back a dime

I did run into him at Vulcan because the building they were in was one of mine as a commercial flooring PM. A bit awkward. The atmosphere in the office was oppressive by the way. I wouldn't have fit in anyway

CSB

Roger on the oppressiveness of Vulcan. Allen is viewed around Seattle, and in part rightly so, as some kind of saintly person. He wasn't. And every person from my law firm who got recruited to go over there didn't last two years. It wasn't so much Paul himself. You had to be pretty high up to even say hello to the guy. But his first-level lieutenants - guys like Kolde, Whitsit, Savoy and that crew - reflected his intensity and the whole place was a pressure cooker. Privacy was taken to an extreme that would befit a Nero-like ruler. People got fired for looking at him for too long when he came into the office. One guy got fired for saying the name "Monica Seles" out loud. I'm not shitting you here. The guy was manic and paranoid about a lot of things.

Side story tim - I got to work on a transaction involving the Hawks and had the displeasure of spending 20 minutes in a room with Whitsit, or however you spell it. To this day, he is the most giant sized cock sucker I have ever dealt with in bidness. And I'm a fucking pretend lawyer for Christ's sake. I've been dealing with bankers and other Guido bros most of my adult life. He was the most rude and condescending prick I've ever met. Fuck that guy. I hope he gets hit by a train.
    Wait -- I thought your law firm specialized in auto accidents and diet pill lawsuits?
    Tim Share Litigation. Very lucrative.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Story time

CSB

Wait -- I thought your law firm specialized in auto accidents and diet pill lawsuits?
    Tim Share Litigation. Very lucrative.
    Who buys into a time share? That shit is dumb.
    Hence, litigation.

We pretend lawyers feast on real-life misery.