Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen and TBS - Something to consider.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,652
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Mora hadn't been recruiting them either and he's doing fine

Petersen can walk into any 4-5*'s house and load up on collared greens, fried chicken and cornbread from mama, AND walk out with a committment. (Or a hamburger and fries depending on the household).
    W, JW
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Winning 11 games next year will give us a better class than Sark ever sniffed at UW. Kids follow winners and want to play for winners. The whole excuse of "Oregon has Nike and Phil Knight and that gives them a recruiting advantage is bullshit. Kids go to Oregon because they have dominated the league for 5 years.

Well that and the payroll.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

This class isn't going to be up to most peoples' standards. I'll be surprised if he lands any 4* guys and he may struggle to fill all the open spots.

It's OK though. Dredge up some linemen somehow. Go ahead and gift a spot to that lefty QB. We're going to need depth there.

I'm just not worried.

I'll take a skilled Zach Maynard on my roster.
  • Options

chuck said:

This class isn't going to be up to most peoples' standards. I'll be surprised if he lands any 4* guys and he may struggle to fill all the open spots.

It's OK though. Dredge up some linemen somehow. Go ahead and gift a spot to that lefty QB. We're going to need depth there.

I'm just not worried.

That's like saying "I'll take a clutch Tony Romo on my roster"

A skilled Zach Maynard actually made me laugh out loud.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion- you are panicking. HTH

Ok, kim. I'll stop "panicking."
  • Options

I appreciate Passion's work in bringing Doogman logic to this bored so I don't have to go over there to read it.

doogman.com definitely has a self-serving agenda, but it would be funny if doogman.com became the place that allowed people to openly express opinions/thoughts over how the program will shape up under Petersen, while this place quashed concerns and criticism.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What did anyone expect? Race nailed it. It's been a fucking week. I doubt it will be a great class, but it's awfully warm for February. We will get some good players and hopefully develop the average ones a lot better than Sark and crew did.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,858
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion- nobody is quashing you. They are answering you.

Some of you need to learn the difference
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Passion said:

I appreciate Passion's work in bringing Doogman logic to this bored so I don't have to go over there to read it.

doogman.com definitely has a self-serving agenda, but it would be funny if doogman.com became the place that allowed people to openly express opinions/thoughts over how the program will shape up under Petersen, while this place quashed concerns and criticism.
    No one deletes your posts here. We don't quash concerns and criticism, we mock it when it is KimGrinoldsFuckingStupid.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,858
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Passion- you are panicking. HTH

Ok, kim. I'll stop "panicking."
    Don't quash me bro
  • Options

Passion said:

No one deletes your posts here. We don't quash concerns and criticism, we mock it when it is KimGrinoldsFuckingStupid.
    Saying that a coach from a second-tier conference needs to develop relationships with kids he hasn't previously recruited is "kimgrinoldsfuckingstupid?" Ok brainiac, when somebody accuses you of being smart I'll agree.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Bull shit. Anyone that knows anything about college football knows who Petersen is. High school coaches and the kids that do 3 minutes of research know or will quickly understand that Petersen is a massive upgrade from Cream Puff.

This class might be a little light in the britches because of Shark. If Petersen does his job, recruiting will be at 100% for the 2015 class.

No excusses are being offered, none will be excepted.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Bull shit. Anyone that knows anything about college football knows who Petersen is. High school coaches and the kids that do 3 minutes of research know or will quickly understand that Petersen is a massive upgrade from Cream Puff.

This class might be a little light in the britches because of Shark. If Petersen does his job, recruiting will be at 100% for the 2015 class.

Sorry, but kids are stupid. Many of them like sark, brah.

By the way, from the December 15 Seattle Times: "The Huskies have just five committed recruits for 2014, the fewest of any program in a BCS conference. The UW class is currently ranked last in the Pac-12 by the three main recruiting services (Scout, Rivals and 247sports.com) and as low as 101st in the nation."

Since we have the fewest committed recruits of any school in the BCS, I guess we're the only school in the BCS to experience a coaching change.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Let the excuse making begin...

If this is going to be the case, why is it seeming like he's going to let the current staff walk? And why doesn't he go after proven pac12 recruiters who have these relationships? If he brings all small time guys and simply doubles their salaries, big disappointment. Hell, even if he keeps Tui and Tosh ad hires another P12 coach, that's better than keeping the entire BSU staff because he's too loyal. I'm willing to LIFPO, but if it takes him almost 2 full classes to develop relationships with Washington-calibre players, that's all on Pete.

It has to be mostly about recruiting, right? Screw the art of coaching-up the kids by position once they arrive in the program. A head coach will have his own staff.... what a concept! And if he's new, most of the staff he hires for the new job will also be new.... workplace logic 101. CP so far has hired away from BSU assistants Kwiatkowski (DC), Strausser (OL), and Bhonapha (RB's),.... all three of whom according to local Boise media have been very good recruiters with Bhonapha reportedly CP's top recruiter, but what can they know for it's only the Mountain West. I'm intrigued by Strausser and whether or not the presence on UW's staff of a damn good OL coach and recruiter will, after an absence of nearly 20 years, somehow get us back in the game of recruiting football's most important position, offensive linemen.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Passion said:

Sorry, but kids are stupid. Many of them like sark, brah.

By the way, from the December 15 Seattle Times: "The Huskies have just five committed recruits for 2014, the fewest of any program in a BCS conference. The UW class is currently ranked last in the Pac-12 by the three main recruiting services (Scout, Rivals and 247sports.com) and as low as 101st in the nation."

Since we have the fewest committed recruits of any school in the BCS, I guess we're the only school in the BCS to experience a coaching change.
    That would have been defended, explained, and perfectly acceptable under Sark.

Only thing we fans need to worry about is winning ... last I heard it was contagious.
  • Options
    What was not explained at the the time, is why UW's commit list seemed to go almost completely dormant about the time USC's coaching situation blew-up in their faces. I wasn't paying attention at all until Sark announced he was quitting to return to L.A. Then I looked and suddenly, our commit list was only six verbals, two of which were considered soft. I would not expect the media which follows recruiting to know squat about what was happening at USC, but high school coaches especially in California likely did know and together with parents, those are the people who have the most influence on recruits. Looking back, I don't think it's conspiratorial or strange that Sark's recruiting apparently went dead in the water not so long after the USC job became available.
  • Options

I mean seriously its been a fucking week. Who is giving him a pass. Fuck Brandon whoever. Think for yourself for fucks sake.

I feel those in the media/Doogs are harder on Petersen in one week than on Dude Brah in 5 years.

Where the fuck was this concern when Sark chose FREE PUB!!!! over doing his job?
    Sark didn't coach Boise State for eight years and then have the gall to believe he could coach in the Pac-12.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

I'm just not worried.

chuck said:

I'm just not worried.

More_cock, Maynard was a crafty and elusive qb in the pocket. Just couldnt deliver the football with any consistency. They are mirror images except this kid can throw. If you didnt see how good Maynard was in the pocket, and getting the throw off your're blind (Just didnt reach his target often) Look outside the obvious More_Cock, its right in ffont of you
  • Options

Mora hadn't been recruiting them either and he's doing fine

Petersen recruits 4-5* too. He just doesnt have a lot of luck getting them to play on a fucktarded blue field, in the middle of a state that hates black people. Come on Bluffman, EVERY HIGH SCHOOL COACH IN CALIFORNA knows BSU, Petersen and his exploits on the field (green and blue).
    Finally some truth I can understand and appreciate.