Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Quintin Somerville, 2021 4* SDE, Scottsdale (Saguaro), AZ (Offered 1/29/20)

13»

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Watched the Hudl. Did not see a guy that looked like the #4 DE in the country, but maybe it’s a tools ranking and I’m missing something.

Shameless bump. He doesn’t look close to the #4 DE.
    I def agree. And I'll really admit my TBS eval skills are fairly rudimentary. Comparing the fluidity of the hip swivel between two 16 year old boys is a daunting task for a simpleton like myself, and is best left to the elite evaluation skills of people like Ektard and F3.

Having said that, fluctuations in rankings... absolutely understandable even expected for things like new information coming to light, injuries, updated film, physical growth, impressing yogi Roth and Trent Dilfer in basketball shorts throwing routes vs air, etc. to lead to a shifting in the rankings where needed. But how in the flying fuck can you rank a kid fringe top 100 player and demote him at least 145 spots when very few if any high school players have participated in a game camp, practice, etc. in close to 6 months? And not a single player has done much more than play catch in their front yard in over 2 months, if they've done anything at all?

Again, I don't pretend to be half as smart as a guy like F3, but to a simpleton like me this either says (a) your evaluation from the previous 3 years is fucking terrible, (b) your new evaluation is fucking terrible or (c) besides the obvious blue chip talent that would jump off the page even to G'pa Sankey, there aren't enough resources, evalutors, tools, information sharing /recording/collating, parity of competition or precise physical maturity projections analysis to rank players, say150-550 with any degree of certainty and really all depends on whose educated(?) guesses you count as less fallible than others.

PS. Or (D) the field.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020

Watched the Hudl. Did not see a guy that looked like the #4 DE in the country, but maybe it’s a tools ranking and I’m missing something.

I def agree. And I'll really admit my TBS eval skills are fairly rudimentary. Comparing the fluidity of the hip swivel between two 16 year old boys is a daunting task for a simpleton like myself, and is best left to the elite evaluation skills of people like Ektard and F3.

Having said that, fluctuations in rankings... absolutely understandable even expected for things like new information coming to light, injuries, updated film, physical growth, impressing yogi Roth and Trent Dilfer in basketball shorts throwing routes vs air, etc. to lead to a shifting in the rankings where needed. But how in the flying fuck can you rank a kid fringe top 100 player and demote him at least 145 spots when very few if any high school players have participated in a game camp, practice, etc. in close to 6 months? And not a single player has done much more than play catch in their front yard in over 2 months, if they've done anything at all?

Again, I don't pretend to be half as smart as a guy like F3, but to a simpleton like me this either says (a) your evaluation from the previous 3 years is fucking terrible, (b) your new evaluation is fucking terrible or (c) besides the obvious blue chip talent that would jump off the page even to G'pa Sankey, there aren't enough resources, evalutors, tools, information sharing /recording/collating, parity of competition or precise physical maturity projections analysis to rank players, say150-550 with any degree of certainty and really all depends on whose educated(?) guesses you count as less fallible than others.

PS. Or (D) the field.
    If they are ranked that high, they should jump out. This guy hardly even has highlights. Just looks like a guy that holds his own and makes a couple plays here and there.

Simon is another that will continue to fall until they final rankings.

The only tough part is judging guys compared to all the players in the US. I know what 4 and 5 star guys should look like tho. They should absolutely dominate. If they don’t, they are very likely overrated.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

PS. Or (D) the field.
    If they are ranked that high, they should jump out. This guy hardly even has highlights. Just looks like a guy that holds his own and makes a couple plays here and there.

Simon is another that will continue to fall until they final rankings.

The only tough part is judging guys compared to all the players in the US. I know what 4 and 5 star guys should look like tho. They should absolutely dominate. If they don’t, they are very likely overrated.
    Then I guess the question is why did they screw to so bad until today? Iirc, I think Simon dropped roughly 50 spots. That, I can buy.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Roadie is batting 1.000
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Roadie is batting 1.000
    Can’t hit .081 in this biz man.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Donged to Michigan
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We gonna 0-fer out of Arizona
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We gonna 0-fer out of Arizona

Thanks, Inslee
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Washington is in great shape with him and right now I would be surprised if he went elsewhere.

Too bad we didn't have room!
    Isn't he a JAG?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Washington is in great shape with him and right now I would be surprised if he went elsewhere.

Too bad we didn't have room!
    Isn't he a JAG?
    We could use some JAGS
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The year of the de-commitment
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options