Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jayson Jones Crystal Ball update

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited January 2020 in Duck Refuge

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

This kids a beast. I’m guessing Alabama is full on schollies which is why he’s looking elsewhere. Would be a real nice replacement for Jordon Scott after next year
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I think they have 3 other DT’s in this class. Supposedly one of the big reasons he is looking is Alabama want’s him to play OL. He has played DT all of his life and that’s where he wants to play in college.😁
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Jayson Jones, Alabama 4-star DT commit, visiting Oregon Ducks this weekend

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2020/01/jayson-jones-alabama-4-star-dt-commit-visiting-oregon-ducks-this-weekend.html

“One reason for his desire to explore his options may be how he’s projected at Alabama versus other programs.

The Crimson Tide see him as an offensive lineman, while Jones prefers the defensive side of the ball.

“I obviously like defense more because I’ve played defense ever since I was 6 years old,” Jones told Rivals. “But I mean anything that helps the team, I’m going to do that.”

With limited needs scholarship spots and needs remaining in the 2020 recruiting cycle, Cristobal and his staff are targeting the “must-gets” late in the process.

A big-time defensive tackle is priority No. 1, and Jones fits the bill.”
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Further update after Oregon visit............trending Oregon🤞😁

Crystal Ball for Jayson Jones

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jayson-Jones-at-Calera-209569/CurrentExpertPredictions/
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,077
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones

Jayson Jones
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Jayson Jones
    dtd said:

Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones
    Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones Jayson Jones

Jayson Jones

You seem impressed, so here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcWmUzPwwY
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

This kids a beast. I’m guessing Alabama is full on schollies which is why he’s looking elsewhere. Would be a real nice replacement for Jordon Scott after next year
    He fell to a three-star on Rivals last week. There's a decent chance he falls to a three-star on 247 and composite when they readjust there? rankings tomorrow. This is happening because he's sizing up and it's costing him mobility. This is also why Alabama is looking to get him off the commit list.

At the same time, he's a true zero-tech nose tackle type in a world where those are becoming increasingly more rare to find. And while Crystalball has signed a lot of defensive tackles the last two years, their? a lot of three- four-and five-tech guys.

It's a good signing if it happens. But also don't be surprised when he's a three-star.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Crap! I don’t even want the flunky kid now.🙁
  • Options
    edited January 2020

ntxduck said:

He fell to a three-star on Rivals last week. There's a decent chance he falls to a three-star on 247 and composite when they readjust there? rankings tomorrow. This is happening because he's sizing up and it's costing him mobility. This is also why Alabama is looking to get him off the commit list.

At the same time, he's a true zero-tech nose tackle type in a world where those are becoming increasingly more rare to find. And while Crystalball has signed a lot of defensive tackles the last two years, their? a lot of three- four-and five-tech guys.

It's a good signing if it happens. But also don't be surprised when he's a three-star.
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/208936/jordon-scott

https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Mariota-7219/high-school-2229/

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/justin-herbert-2846

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/shane-lemieux-2316
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

ntxduck said:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/208936/jordon-scott

https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Mariota-7219/high-school-2229/

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/justin-herbert-2846

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/shane-lemieux-2316
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Fine with that, we don’t need him in 2020, we need him in 2021. Hopefully in a year he can get his body in shape
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fine with that, we don’t need him in 2020, we need him in 2021. Hopefully in a year he can get his body in shape
    Exactly. 3-star, 4-star, 5-star, when it comes to the DT tackle position I don't care. A 3-star at a position of absolute need in a region where big bodies are rare, is a great get. After next season, when Jordon Scott moves on, Oregon is going to have a major void in the middle, and this will at least provide a stop gap for when that does happen.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,077
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

He was before his injury and now he looks like shit. He's the opposite of explosive

ntxduck said:

The reason he's dropping is because his film is ass. He's an OL through and through. If he were 6'3 300 instead of 6'6 340 he'd already be a low 3 star. We don't even run the same 0 tech 2 gap we used to.
  • Options
    dtd said:

ntxduck said:

He was before his injury and now he looks like shit. He's the opposite of explosive

ntxduck said:

The reason he's dropping is because his film is ass. He's an OL through and through. If he were 6'3 300 instead of 6'6 340 he'd already be a low 3 star. We don't even run the same 0 tech 2 gap we used to.
    Avalos runs a multiple front, which means he needs a 0-tech in his golf bag of D-Linemen for obvious run situations.

Grab Jones this year and realize he's not seeing the field as long as Scott and Aumavae (and possibly Poti and WIlliams) stay healthy. Grab another one next year and either he wins and replaces Scott down the road or loses and hits the transfer portal in 2022.

Just don't be Quookish and say Crystalball stole a recruit from Bammer because it's not true.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Avalos runs a multiple front, which means he needs a 0-tech in his golf bag of D-Linemen for obvious run situations.

Grab Jones this year and realize he's not seeing the field as long as Scott and Aumavae (and possibly Poti and WIlliams) stay healthy. Grab another one next year and either he wins and replaces Scott down the road or loses and hits the transfer portal in 2022.

Just don't be Quookish and say Crystalball stole a recruit from Bammer because it's not true.
    Shots fired @DJDuck
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Shots fired @DJDuck
    Using a BB gun
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    dnc said:

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Shots fired @DJDuck
    “Just don't be Quookish and say Crystalball stole a recruit from Bammer because it's not true.”-IPukeOregonGrellow&BS

Great strawman. 😂😂 Who said anything about stealing a recruit. How funny. The old strawman........purport to characterize what was said which is actually a lie and then argue against the lie you yourself made up..........amazing.
  • Options
    Dropped to number 506 in the 247 rankings.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Shots fired @DJDuck
    “Just don't be Quookish and say Crystalball stole a recruit from Bammer because it's not true.”-IPukeOregonGrellow&BS

Great strawman. 😂😂 Who said anything about stealing a recruit. How funny. The old strawman........purport to characterize what was said which is actually a lie and then argue against the lie you yourself made up..........amazing.
    It's called preventative maintenance.