Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Texas coaching search

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

cuogs are worried they might come after Mike Leach. but coogs are saying even if Texas has the Corporate jet on the tarmac at Pullman International no way Leach leaves Pullman. he.loves.it.that.much.

Yep. And I'm worried Scarlett Johannsen might make things TUFF on my marriage.

Coogs gotta Coog.

• Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,983 Founders Club

Texas doesn't want anything to do with Briles, they believe themselves too good for a hire like that.

Not the Texas fans I hear from. They think Briles is a perfect fit. A Texan who can recruit and win in Texas.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Texas doesn't want anything to do with Briles, they believe themselves too good for a hire like that.

Not the Texas fans I hear from. They think Briles is a perfect fit. A Texan who can recruit and win in Texas.

Thanks Sportsboner.

Now ... from someone on the scene.

I work with Baylor alum ... a couple of former players. Briles doesn't leave Baylor. Some of his assistance coaches have been with him since he coached high school ball. He knows they wouldn't make the cut at a big time school like Texas ... and he would either not be able to bring or would have to fire at some point.

He is a lifer at Baylor.

**Of course money talks ...
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799

Not to be a dick but the fans don't make those decisions.
    topdawgnc said:

Thanks Sportsboner.

Now ... from someone on the scene.

I work with Baylor alum ... a couple of former players. Briles doesn't leave Baylor. Some of his assistance coaches have been with him since he coached high school ball. He knows they wouldn't make the cut at a big time school like Texas ... and he would either not be able to bring or would have to fire at some point.

He is a lifer at Baylor.

**Of course money talks ...

Never said Briles would leave, just saying that contrary to what was said earlier, many UT fans see Briles as a great fit. They too don't think they'll get the small town guy from Rick Perry County without restraining some of their jock sniffing big cigar boosters, which will never happen. They build statues and name stadium entrances after these folks. Briles just received a Brinks truck from Baylor, so $ can't be a pressing issue for him.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,870 Founders Club
    dnc said:

cuogs are worried they might come after Mike Leach. but coogs are saying even if Texas has the Corporate jet on the tarmac at Pullman International no way Leach leaves Pullman. he.loves.it.that.much.

Yep. And I'm worried Scarlett Johannsen might make things TUFF on my marriage.

Coogs gotta Coog.

T's and P's to your wife.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    DITKA TO TEXAS
    DeLarry said:

DITKA TO TEXAS

He'll brisket himself into another heart attack within a month there.