Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Curb your enthusiasm

2»

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Strangely (as it's something that is probably right up my alley), I've never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm. Is it a show that you have to watch everything to really get it or would a greatest episodes list be something that would be a good experience to watch?

I don't have a lot of time for TV lately, so I find I just can't get motivated to watch something unless I catch it from the start and then check it out once a week or if it's a really short series/season that I can binge in a short period. The Wire, for instance, is a show that's supposed to be GOAT quality and I haven't seen it, buttfuck if I'm going to have a crack at all 342344 hours of it.

So are there half a dozen Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes that stand alone just fine and would be worth checking out?

I only started watching CYE last season and since I am also OCD afflicted I thought I would have to go back and watch them all. I didn't. No need to. Watch one and you've seen them all. Shows about nothing

Funny but they can stand alone

The Wire you need to watch the first season and the last
    So CYE fans, what's the all-time list so I can get started?
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    There are a few different lists floating around the internet but glancing through this one briefly I see a lot of the top episodes on it.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2017/9/29/16379934/curb-your-enthusiasm-episodes-ranked-part-4
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

Strangely (as it's something that is probably right up my alley), I've never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm. Is it a show that you have to watch everything to really get it or would a greatest episodes list be something that would be a good experience to watch?

I don't have a lot of time for TV lately, so I find I just can't get motivated to watch something unless I catch it from the start and then check it out once a week or if it's a really short series/season that I can binge in a short period. The Wire, for instance, is a show that's supposed to be GOAT quality and I haven't seen it, buttfuck if I'm going to have a crack at all 342344 hours of it.

So are there half a dozen Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes that stand alone just fine and would be worth checking out?

I only started watching CYE last season and since I am also OCD afflicted I thought I would have to go back and watch them all. I didn't. No need to. Watch one and you've seen them all. Shows about nothing

Start whenever Leon joins (JB Smoove)

*Happy New Year! @1to392831weretaken
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Beloved Aunt is a classic episode
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Wire was somewhat hard to follow early on and didn’t really capture my interest until midway thru the first season. I have no issues with anyone calling it the GOAT. It’s an amazing show.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are some things that would be hard to understand without watching previous episodes. If you just started watching now, you would wonder who the fuck Leon was and why does he live with Larry?
    I did wonder that but figured they needed a Black guy

Seinfeld was the whitest show on TV
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are some things that would be hard to understand without watching previous episodes. If you just started watching now, you would wonder who the fuck Leon was and why does he live with Larry?
    I did wonder that but figured they needed a Black guy

Seinfeld was the whitest show on TV
    There is some carry over from prior seasons and there are normally a few running themes in each season (i.e this season is Mocha Joe and his sexual harassment legal issue)

How Leon Black showed up and stayed is funny.

https://curb-your-enthusiasm.fandom.com/wiki/Leon_Black