Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kind of painful to read about Locker

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2013

He didn't hate to lose more than he loved to win. 101 stuff guys. Winners win. Montana and Elway could stink it up for three quarters and then get in the zone. My atheist homies know that Locker was a let go let God kind of guy. Guess it wasn't our day oh well whatever. Ty's perfect recruit

He has plenty of will to win. Locker had plenty of games where he stunk it up for a few quarters before leading us to a win. As I said in my previous post, the USC games, Notre Dame 2009 (led to a fg to force OT), Oregon State in 2010, Cal in 2010, WSU in 2010. He rose to the occasion late quite a few times. The real problem is he has never been accurate and he makes way too many stupid mistakes for a good QB to be making. He did not go 4-19 against Nebraska because of his competitive fire. He never completed 60% of his passes because he's not accurate.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,542
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He obviously worked harder than ever every winter on his accuracy
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He didn't hate to lose more than he loved to win. 101 stuff guys. Winners win. Montana and Elway could stink it up for three quarters and then get in the zone. My atheist homies know that Locker was a let go let God kind of guy. Guess it wasn't our day oh well whatever. Ty's perfect recruit

Obligatory DFI Link

DUCKFIGHTER ILLUSTRATED
    DuckFighter Illustrated

By Race Bannon
    Publisher DuckFighter Illustrated
    Posted Sep 5, 2007

Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory
    Race Bannon

Let’s get one thing straight right away. I am not worthy to write about Jake Locker. However, Matthew, Mark, Luke or John are not walking through that door anytime soon. So it is left to your humble correspondent to chronicle the good news of Jake Locker’s arrival at the University of Washington.

Jake Locker, or Jack Lockner for our readers along the eastern seaboard, arrived at UW two years ago with the kind of fanfare usually reserved for saviors of mankind or 3-year old golfers on the Mike Douglas Show. As the Huskies stumbled and bumbled through last season, many turned a wistful eye to the scout team where young Jake toiled and learned the lessons of football. Be patient we were told, for when Jake is loosed there will be goodwill for all Huskies once again upon the earth.

How could one man make such a difference, some non-believers wondered? Whether he is a red shirt freshman or a true sophomore, he had never taken a snap in anger in a D1 football game. Surely he would struggle and the Huskies would too.

And so it was, as Jake took two series of three and outs to figure out this college football. He was throwing high hard heat and he was hit hard and he said it was good.

Then Jake made a first down and he liked it, so he made another one and he liked that, and so he made a touchdown and he liked that, so he made 4 more. Then he looked at the end of the third quarter and he was pleased with what he had done. So in the 4th quarter, Jake rested.

The entire Husky team looked to be an improved bunch in Coach Ty Willingham’s critical third year at the helm of the program. Some unexpected bulletin board material helped the Huskies and fired up the troops prove the naysayers wrong.

“Someone said that I shouldn’t expect the same kind of third year success that some of my predecessors have and that we could win 3 or 4 games this year but still be improved,” said an obviously angry Coach Willingham in his post game press conference. “It’s not important who that individual was, but hopefully he will understand that the players and I are planning to win each game we play and to win a bowl game this year. That is progress.”

In an unrelated development, Athletic Director Todd Turner formed a committee to see what this winning stuff is and why it has everybody so jacked up.

Or Jaked up, if you will.

A hearty tip of the DFI cap to Coach Willingham and his staff for changing the offense to fit the incredible talents of Jake Locker. The last time we had a coach do that we won the Rose Bowl.

And congratulations to all of our oft-maligned players who played so hard and so well in bringing home this great victory.

Who’s got next?
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

I would completely disagree about competitive fire though......the guy plays extremely hard and wants to win

I think he played extremely hard and more or less wanted to win - but if you watched him on the sidelines you could see winning wasn't all that important to him.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Jake did have some nice game winning drives but the worst was how UW blew him constantly before and in 2010....Sark's 7-star recruit as he said....Then Price comes in and tears it up the next year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Obligatory DFI Link

DUCKFIGHTER ILLUSTRATED
    DuckFighter Illustrated

By Race Bannon
    Publisher DuckFighter Illustrated
    Posted Sep 5, 2007

Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory
    Race Bannon

Let’s get one thing straight right away. I am not worthy to write about Jake Locker. However, Matthew, Mark, Luke or John are not walking through that door anytime soon. So it is left to your humble correspondent to chronicle the good news of Jake Locker’s arrival at the University of Washington.

Jake Locker, or Jack Lockner for our readers along the eastern seaboard, arrived at UW two years ago with the kind of fanfare usually reserved for saviors of mankind or 3-year old golfers on the Mike Douglas Show. As the Huskies stumbled and bumbled through last season, many turned a wistful eye to the scout team where young Jake toiled and learned the lessons of football. Be patient we were told, for when Jake is loosed there will be goodwill for all Huskies once again upon the earth.

How could one man make such a difference, some non-believers wondered? Whether he is a red shirt freshman or a true sophomore, he had never taken a snap in anger in a D1 football game. Surely he would struggle and the Huskies would too.

And so it was, as Jake took two series of three and outs to figure out this college football. He was throwing high hard heat and he was hit hard and he said it was good.

Then Jake made a first down and he liked it, so he made another one and he liked that, and so he made a touchdown and he liked that, so he made 4 more. Then he looked at the end of the third quarter and he was pleased with what he had done. So in the 4th quarter, Jake rested.

The entire Husky team looked to be an improved bunch in Coach Ty Willingham’s critical third year at the helm of the program. Some unexpected bulletin board material helped the Huskies and fired up the troops prove the naysayers wrong.

“Someone said that I shouldn’t expect the same kind of third year success that some of my predecessors have and that we could win 3 or 4 games this year but still be improved,” said an obviously angry Coach Willingham in his post game press conference. “It’s not important who that individual was, but hopefully he will understand that the players and I are planning to win each game we play and to win a bowl game this year. That is progress.”

In an unrelated development, Athletic Director Todd Turner formed a committee to see what this winning stuff is and why it has everybody so jacked up.

Or Jaked up, if you will.

A hearty tip of the DFI cap to Coach Willingham and his staff for changing the offense to fit the incredible talents of Jake Locker. The last time we had a coach do that we won the Rose Bowl.

And congratulations to all of our oft-maligned players who played so hard and so well in bringing home this great victory.

Who’s got next?
    Disagree. tl,dr low tweak. That was after his first game that remains the best game he ever played. He was the poster boy for "the longer they stay the worse they play". Oh and if you use my own words against me again you're gone
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like Willingham wasn't buying the incremental progress bullshit. Ironic.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

I don't know about that. Nobody ever feared Jake with the ball in his hands needing a score to win.

'
    USC should have.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    DeepSeaZ said:

I don't know about that. Nobody ever feared Jake with the ball in his hands needing a score to win.

'
    USC should have.

Was that the Aaron Corpse game?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

DeepSeaZ said:

'
    USC should have.

Was that the Aaron Corpse game?
    That was one of them

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The fact that all of you reference the same couple games for a three and a half year career speaks volumes. Sark is still living off that USC game too
  • Options

The fact that all of you reference the same couple games for a three and a half year career speaks volumes. Sark is still living off that USC game too

It's funny how the Doogs never reference any of Sark's games against Oregon.

#PlungerRape

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,150
    Founders Club

#PlungerRape

You're wrong, they do. That's how the "Nick Holt's blue print" joke came into being.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

#PlungerRape

You can't tie Oregon to just one player.
  • Options

#PlungerRape

You're wrong, they do. That's how the "Nick Holt's blue print" joke came into being.
    Who is Nick Holt?

"lol"