Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nebraska Football: 3 Things Scott Frost's Hiring Shuffle Says About His Program

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    1. that he's desperate
    2. that he's desperate
    3. that he's desperate
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's also important to point out that he chose to tear the Nebraska program down to its foundation and rebuild. As such, time is needed to give coaches a fair chance to prove they can develop the players they are given.

there, there it is, the 'he just needs more tim to get his guys in there'

That doesn’t work unless you are bringing in substantially better players, which Nebraska is not doing. They haven’t had talent since Pelini. It sure doesn’t seem like it’s getting any better with Frost.
  • Options
    The college football landscape has changed, and Nebraska was left behind. The Nebraska of old is never coming back
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I was told Nebraska is still a Tier 1 program and I was a complete IDIOT and prisoner of the moment for daring to say they have lost that status.

Time for @Dennis_DeYoung to stop living in the past!
  • Options

Exhibit 20078 on why coaching searches are a crap shoot

Frost was a no brainer solid lock to make his old school great again. Like Harbaugh at Michigan

Or not

It is the main reason I don't freak out about Jimmy. He could suck or he could be great but the search or lack of and the experience of being a head coach or not is all meaningless

Win or get the fuck out

There is not one coach outside of Urban Meyer, that can revive Nebraska from the dead.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam

Frost was a no brainer solid lock to make his old school great again. Like Harbaugh at Michigan

Or not

It is the main reason I don't freak out about Jimmy. He could suck or he could be great but the search or lack of and the experience of being a head coach or not is all meaningless

Win or get the fuck out

There is not one coach outside of Urban Meyer, that can revive Nebraska from the dead.
    They were dead before Bob Devaney. Even Jim Owens could beat them.

They just need a coach. They are in no worse of a place than Oklahoma or the other B1G Midwestern dreck

The path to the west division title is an easy one
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2020

Or not

Win or get the fuck out

They just need a coach. They are in no worse of a place than Oklahoma or the other B1G Midwestern dreck

They have a state in between them and any major recruiting hot bed. Oklahoma has Texas as a neighbor.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Any team is a coach away
  • Options

Or not

Win or get the fuck out

This. It's the reason I used to laff at Auburn Doog about "Iron Laws". Colorado won with McCartney keeping his promises, but had to find 90% of his talent in Texas & Orange County. Iron Laws included some obscure concept that if your school is in the middle of an urban jungle, you should be better because recruits!

Oklahoma and Nebraska did just fine finding recruits wherever they needed to find them.
  • Options

Or not

Win or get the fuck out

They have a state in between them and any major recruiting hot bed. Oklahoma has Texas as a neighbor.
    Doesn't matter.
  • Options

Any team is a coach away

With some more immediately dangerous than others once that happens.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

The college football landscape has changed, and Nebraska was left behind. The Nebraska of old is never coming back

I always laff when I see this written.

Nebraska is still a big name in college football with an enviable pedigree. You get the right guy in there who starts punching above his weight relative to his talent at a given time, and then recruiting starts to get easier.

As long as it's been, no recruit is going to say, "Nebraska? That's a football school?"

The history is there for anyone to see who's looking.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I was told Nebraska is still a Tier 1 program and I was a complete IDIOT and prisoner of the moment for daring to say they have lost that status.

Time for @Dennis_DeYoung to stop living in the past!

It’s very strange but I can’t imagine them being good again. A great coach can win anywhere, but their recruiting base is horrible. They need to have a monopoly on their state, Iowa, Colorado, etc, but they don’t. They get shitty players from that area and plan D’s from Florida, Texas, and California.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2020
    Nebraska traded on its name for far too long. Lincoln is a shit footprint, and hay-bucking fat kids ain’t what they used to be, except perhaps the ones in Wisconsin.

Even at podunk UCF, you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting 10 dudes with 4.4 speed. Hence 0-12 to 13-0 in a couple seasons.

Frosty is in hell, and is maybe better than that job.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    Founders Club

Or not

Win or get the fuck out

Peterman could do for Nebraska what he did for Washington. He would just hate every minute of it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Or not

Win or get the fuck out

Peterman could do for Nebraska what he did for Washington. He would just hate every minute of it.
    And he'd hate the Rose Bowl
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Or not

Win or get the fuck out

does the big 10 have a vegas bowl tie in? if not, cant see him going there.