Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Richard Sherman responds to shade from Darrelle Revis

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Revis is sour about it. It’s not Sherm’s fault he plays in the best scheme for him. You’re playing with fire anytime you throw the ball downfield vs him. He’s one of the best of all time. He still has a couple years left too.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,491
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Revis got fat and slow after his ACL injury. He was out of the league at age 32. Probably not the guy to be talking.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Peak Revis was probably a better CB than peak Sherm but it's close. And Sherm's ability to come back from the achilles tear and still be one of the top DB's in the game is really impressive.

I have mixed feelings towards Sherm because I think he had more to do with the SB Hawks falling apart than anybody. His jealousy of RW was so counterproductive. But when he's channeling his pettiness in a healthy direction he's one of the best who ever played. I was surprised how happy I was when he picked off Rodgers to end that game. I can't quit him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Peak Revis was probably a better CB than peak Sherm but it's close. And Sherm's ability to come back from the achilles tear and still be one of the top DB's in the game is really impressive.

I have mixed feelings towards Sherm because I think he had more to do with the SB Hawks falling apart than anybody. His jealousy of RW was so counterproductive. But when he's channeling his pettiness in a healthy direction he's one of the best who ever played. I was surprised how happy I was when he picked off Rodgers to end that game. I can't quit him.

Sherman definitely became a cancer. All those guys partially checked out after the one yard line incident. Pete really has nobody to blame but himself for that.

There wasn’t much they could do about contracts. That happens to every team in the league with good players. They definitely should have let Bennett (another cancer) walk before re-signing him. The Chancellor deal hurt but would have been fine if he stayed healthy and was bad luck.

It’s a cut throat business that you’re always better off cutting bait earlier than later. We could have gotten at least a 2nd round pick for Sherman (although he might not have passed a physical) and had cap room to sign others if we cut bait with Bennett and 1-2 more players earlier.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2020
    dnc said:

This. Revis was a beast before the ACL.