Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hop Fucked Up.

Tsohonis and Battle should have been regulars in the lineup all season.

I've been a vocal supporter of Battle getting a lot more time, but I wasn't clear on Tsohonis.

He's got way more feel at PG than anyone we've got.

Hop missed... and it might have fucking cost us.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    I saw that both played well. Battle had 11 points and hit a three’s. He came in known as a shooter and its desperately needed. So far, Tsohonis looks like one of the four year players I’m talking about that should be a staple of the program.

I know they played out of necessity, but not a good look for Hop.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I thought McDaniels was suppose to be good? What happened to him?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gwad said:

He wasn't good.

So nothing happened.

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gwad said:

I'm not sure McDaniels was put in the best situation.

Probably would be more successful with guys like Battle and Tsohonis around him because he wouldn't be the focal point to defend on the perimeter and Tsohonis would probably be better creating better looks for him w. his vision and passing ability.

Putting the ball in McDaniels' hand at the top of the key and asking him to create in a 1-on-1 situation is basically all we were doing.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Gwad said:

I'm not sure McDaniels was put in the best situation.

Probably would be more successful with guys like Battle and Tsohonis around him because he wouldn't be the focal point to defend on the perimeter and Tsohonis would probably be better creating better looks for him w. his vision and passing ability.

Putting the ball in McDaniels' hand at the top of the key and asking him to create in a 1-on-1 situation is basically all we were doing.
    Hop was clearly listening to BTP that Jaden was Kevin Durant.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,387
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Jaden has gone from top-5 pick to fringe first rounder in a few mocks I've seen.
  • LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,206
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Well there you have it folks. Team is way better without Jaden playing. Hop pulled an opposite Penerman and played supposed taken (Jaden) over giving other players reps and we lost at least 4 games we should have easily won.

So glad to see the tradition of coaches fucking up transition over to basketball!
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    McDaniels has been really good on defense, but he’s still stuck on the AAU iso ball mentality on offense. He isn’t a good enough shooter to play like that
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jaden has gone from top-5 pick to fringe first rounder in a few mocks I've seen.

Link? Last one I saw he was #4. Stewart was 15th or so.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LIPO, we always look good against OSU......well, not always, but let's see what this lineup can do vs Oregon before we chastise Hop
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    dannarc said:

LIPO, we always look good against OSU......well, not always, but let's see what this lineup can do vs Oregon before we chastise Hop

Fucking tinkle has kicked our ass multiple times.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited January 2020
    Battle at least being willing to launch 3s opened up a court a ton for everyone else.

Will be interesting to see if the shooting holds...

The defense seemed improved

IMO Hops defensive system really relies on team buyin and tryhard.

One and dones like Stewart are perfect for him. One and dones like Mcdaniels that are somewhat immature both mentally and physically are a really bad fit.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tsohonis should have been in the rotation but he's still nowhere near as good as Green.

Battle looks like a damn player. The threes were nice (and at least two of them were seriously contested) but the defense was extremely solid as well. Kid was active.

I'm pretty sure that was the best game Tsohonis will have all season. Very glad he stepped up but still not sold on him. But I'm biased against perimeter players who shoot from their nipples.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Gwad said:

He wasn't good.

So nothing happened.

Nah... my boy @btp knows a shit ton about basketball and says he's amazing and if you cant see that you're FS. He's a top 5 player in the country once he hits his stride which will happen any day now

Any day now

Any day now

Any day now
    Fucking toothpick won't do shit in the NBA if he doesnt put on muscle/weight.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Probably true. When you see these young guys having a good game, it makes me wish they were given more of a chance because players are more engaged and develop faster when they play.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tsohonis should have been in the rotation but he's still nowhere near as good as Green.

Battle looks like a damn player. The threes were nice (and at least two of them were seriously contested) but the defense was extremely solid as well. Kid was active.

I'm pretty sure that was the best game Tsohonis will have all season. Very glad he stepped up but still not sold on him. But I'm biased against perimeter players who shoot from their nipples.

Haven’t seen enough of Tsohonis, but he’s better than Hardy. That much I know.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Haven’t seen enough of Tsohonis, but he’s better than Hardy. That much I know.
    I honestly don’t disagree.

He has our? best floater since NGW transferred.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    dnc said:

Green is a better scorer... Point Guard? I dono. He makes a lot of dumb mistakes driving to the hoop/passing when out of control... Tsohonis gets the benefit of the D playing off of him... if he can hit those shots from his nipples it's going to help a lot.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'd like to see the same type of player rotation against Oregon. If we beat Oregon, I will be Doogin just a little and believing we once again have a shot at tourney and conference title. Wins against OSU will do that to a person. Let's see if Battle can be a parameter threat, let's see if Tsonomi can drive the lane and not turn it over and find the open man, let's see if Roberts scores in the paint and shoots his imaginary bow and arrow.....Let's see