Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame News

Comments

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

Having grown up with the REAL guitar gods I never thought much of Nugent at the time quite honestly. Wango Tango and Cat Scratch Fever were kind of what the fuck? Great guitar player but there were a lot of them

He is more famous or infamous for his post rock star life

Feel the same way. Love uncle Ted but more of a hunting activist and political figure as of late...especially.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited January 2020
    SECDAWG said:

Having grown up with the REAL guitar gods I never thought much of Nugent at the time quite honestly. Wango Tango and Cat Scratch Fever were kind of what the fuck? Great guitar player but there were a lot of them

Feel the same way. Love uncle Ted but more of a hunting activist and political figure as of late...especially.
    If he would have been killed in 1978 he’d be in based on his work to that point.

SECDAWG said:

If he would have been killed in 1978 he’d be in.
    Yep. Exactly right.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,640 Founders Club
    I listened to the Amboy Dukes before most of you were born

I am guitar superiority guy

I wouldn't complain if he was in but it's the Hall of Fame. Everyone doesn't get a ribbon
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Imagine this group in. They are; Alice Cooper, Blondie, Curtis Mayfield, Depeche Mode (el oh el) Duane Eddy, Small Faces Tupac, The Cure. + Scores of fringe artists.

Guitarists In: Jimmy 🔨 Page, Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Pete Townsend, Clapton, Joe Walsh Alex Lifson (Rush), Lindsey Buckingham, Jeff Beck, Mark Knoplfer, Angus

Ted's a HOF. Period. Not a 1st ballot HOF but more than deserving of his plaque on the wall.
    I’m on your train Baseman.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    SECDAWG said:

I’m on your train Baseman.

It's full.
    edited January 2020
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    You guys are trying to get a one hit wonder into the hall of fame.

Not on my watch.

Grand Funk Railroad also not in yet

My first concert at the Seattle Coliseum

My mom drove us

One album plus one song

I'm your captain was a great stoned jam
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Baseman said:

Imagine this group in. They are; Alice Cooper, Blondie, Curtis Mayfield, Depeche Mode (el oh el) Duane Eddy, Small Faces Tupac, The Cure. + Scores of fringe artists.

Guitarists In: Jimmy 🔨 Page, Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Pete Townsend, Clapton, Joe Walsh Alex Lifson (Rush), Lindsey Buckingham, Jeff Beck, Mark Knoplfer, Angus

Ted's a HOF. Period. Not a 1st ballot HOF but more than deserving of his plaque on the wall.

If those "artists" are worthy, then I'd say Ted is, too. But he's a little below the rest of the guitarists on that list IMO, too.

Who gives a shit anyway? Whitney Houston is in - which makes all other selections completely meaningless.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987

That's fair, but I liked him. Also, you are correct. Classically trained musician like Eddie VH. He can play it. His music is definitely not everybody's cup o' tea.

He probably represents a decent amount of my politics. That said, I wish he wouldn't. He goes on these verbal tirades during which he's clearly trying to play the "I'm so much more intellectual than you expect me to be because Rock and Roll" shtick, but he's not good at it. And then he goes on to say shit that feeds into the "but racism" rhetoric, like constantly referring to Obama as a subhuman mongrel. he's really not helpful, though he does appeal to a swath of voters who like to call him Uncle Ted. TWTLTD.
    The REAL crime when you have non rock acts is that the Gap Band is not in the HOF

They could rock and they could funk. Criminally under rated. Saw them at the Paramount and they played for hours. Awesome band
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,640 Standard Supporter

The REAL crime when you have non rock acts is that the Gap Band is not in the HOF

They could rock and they could funk. Criminally under rated. Saw them at the Paramount and they played for hours. Awesome band

The Gap Band is the shiznit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aobIboK_z34

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Founders Club
    If they ever get Kraftwerk in, blow the fucking thing up
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

When are Imagine Dragons getting in?

Right after Dragon Force
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,640 Standard Supporter

When are Imagine Dragons getting in?

Mock me but the Throbber is going through a serious Panic At the Disco phase right now.