Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tormey finalist for Centraal HC job

2»

Comments

• DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    If the Doogs had their way, he would've been head coach here. Seriously.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,983 Founders Club
    DeLarry said:

Yup, 1998

The Tormey boosters thought he was an awesome recruiter because he landed Kaufman and Brunell (after Todd Marinovich verbaled to USC and Bret Johnson verbaled to UCLA) while as an assistant under James.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Holy fuck how did a thread about the Central coaching search reach 2 pages?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

It features a doog legend. We can't stop jizzing over coaches connected to Don James, dontchaknow.

• DeLarry said:

Yup, 1998

The Tormey boosters thought he was an awesome recruiter because he landed Kaufman and Brunell (after Todd Marinovich verbaled to USC and Bret Johnson verbaled to UCLA) while as an assistant under James.

He sounds like the original Tosh then.

I"m just curious how come nobody in here wanted him? I remember being told that we just want coaches connected to Don James.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I'm expecting Tormey to restore CWU to the Don James glory years. Actuallly that consisted of watching games on black and white TV sets in door rooms, especially the Apple Cups, like in 1982.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,983 Founders Club

He sounds like the original Tosh then.

I"m just curious how come nobody in here wanted him? I remember being told that we just want coaches connected to Don James.

Most of the talk at the time was Pinkel vs. Tormey. Others threw out names like Tulane's Tommy Bowden and Mike Bellotti. I even remember Youngstown State's Jim Tressel's name mentioned as he would have been a similar hire as Don James was out of Kent State. Neuheisel was not receiving serious talk from fans despite landing local recruits like Victor Rogers and Ty Gregorak while at CU.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    dnc said:

It features a doog legend. We can't stop jizzing over coaches connected to Don James, dontchaknow.

I know.