Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cal - UW Gamethread

Even though the TSIO I’m at this game so figured I would make a thread. Go dwags.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,437
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Team is 0-8 inside the arc
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This team is so emotionless. These kids just want go get the season over so they can go pro or transfer
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    This team stinks
  • Options
    Hardy has no redeeming qualities on offense
  • Options
    All you you have to do to beat this team right now is double Stewart every time he touches the ball, that’s it
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm here. We're so much more talented. Where is the confidence?
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    Doogles said:

Buncha kids who are soft mentally.

McDaniels, Naz, Hamier and Bey all go into sulk/afraid mode the second they miss a shot.
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This team has been a monumental let down thus far this year.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Doogles said:

Buncha kids who are soft mentally.

McDaniels, Naz, Hamier and Bey all go into sulk/afraid mode the second they miss a shot.
    But they beat ball state!
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,209
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    So glad I didn’t watch. This team is done. Put a fork in them. Like I predicted a few weeks ago, bottom third in conference. Book it!!!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    We lost to Cal...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The season has been over. Teams can pack the paint and nobody on UW will make them pay. Tough to win with no shooters.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Recruit gunners and bangers. This team is a fucking mess and the roster is horrible outside of 3 guys. The rest have no business playing big minutes for a high level team.
  • Options

Recruit gunners and bangers. This team is a fucking mess and the roster is horrible outside of 3 guys. The rest have no business playing big minutes for a high level team.

There isn’t a single guy on the team that can create off the dribble - watching the end of game possessions was painful. Fucking Hameir took a shot off the dribble.
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    We always lose to Cal... but seriously, fuck Hop. It may be a pathetically imbalanced roster (whose fault is that?), but there have been (and there are) a lot of good teams that make do with MUCH less (talent wise and experience wise).

Nice hires Jen! Can’t wait to see what Jimmy and his pricey squadron of Vandy heavyweights can muster!

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

From Hop’s first two classes, he has one player worth a shit in Naz. That’s it. You need two or three good players in every class to sustain a program. Hop has failed at that and has 0 commits for this current class. I guess J’raan Brooks can count.

We put all our eggs into Stewart, McDaniels, and Green for this year and we are going to come out with a very unhealthy program as a result of it.

I drank the kool-aid and regret it. I even though that next year Hop could piece together a bubble type team. If I had to predict now, we will finish 9th or worse next year in the PAC 12. This is ugly. I think it’s more likely Hop is on the hot seat after next year than not.

On the hot seat from us. Not from the common doog or Cohen. Same as it ever was.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

From Hop’s first two classes, he has one player worth a shit in Naz. That’s it. You need two or three good players in every class to sustain a program. Hop has failed at that and has 0 commits for this current class. I guess J’raan Brooks can count.

We put all our eggs into Stewart, McDaniels, and Green for this year and we are going to come out with a very unhealthy program as a result of it.

I drank the kool-aid and regret it. I even though that next year Hop could piece together a bubble type team. If I had to predict now, we will finish 9th or worse next year in the PAC 12. This is ugly. I think it’s more likely Hop is on the hot seat after next year than not.

Even Naz hasnt been developed like he should be at this point.

Naz should be a lot closer to Zach Lavine than he is and he hasnt really got much better over the years. He is still just an out of control super athlete that doesn't really know how to play basketball.