Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I got a lot crap from all of you, but

2»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    FireCohen said:

Houhusky said:

When everyone was jerking off initially about BIG DICK Jimmy @MikeDamone and I were pointing out people were jerking of to a lot of sizzle.

Now we have idiots on here saying recruiting is more important than coaching like we’re living in some weird ass Sark timeloop.

But jimmy got a big dick. Am I doing this right @MikeDamone ?
    I don't know. Ax @dflea
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Houhusky said:

When everyone was jerking off initially about BIG DICK Jimmy @MikeDamone and I were pointing out people were jerking of to a lot of sizzle.

Now we have idiots on here saying recruiting is more important than coaching like we’re living in some weird ass Sark timeloop.

I still think the same of Jimmy as I did a couple weeks ago. The past two days have me questioning my will to live vis-a-vis Huskie fandom, but I have to accept that some of the things that made me like Jimmy are what might prove to be his fatal flaws, in this case overconfidence and arrogance.

I like the Cato hire better because he's an Ivy League hillbilly, he's probably really smart, and fuck, his name is Derhan; it's also maybe the lowest impact coaching role, probably can't do much damage from there.

And maybe the VERY modern-day NFL is a crucible of systems, metrics, analysis, and accountability; maybe NFL coaching experience is different different.

Maybe they are both fucking brilliant hires, I doubt it, but @sonics1993 has the right take in that he's your guy, you live or die with him.

TLDR: Jimmy is who we thought he was! You wanna crown his ass, crown it!
    Emoterman said:

Houhusky said:

I still think the same of Jimmy as I did a couple weeks ago. The past two days have me questioning my will to live vis-a-vis Huskie fandom, but I have to accept that some of the things that made me like Jimmy are what might prove to be his fatal flaws, in this case overconfidence and arrogance.

I like the Cato hire better because he's an Ivy League hillbilly, he's probably really smart, and fuck, his name is Derhan; it's also maybe the lowest impact coaching role, probably can't do much damage from there.

And maybe the VERY modern-day NFL is a crucible of systems, metrics, analysis, and accountability; maybe NFL coaching experience is different different.

Maybe they are both fucking brilliant hires, I doubt it, but @sonics1993 has the right take in that he's your guy, you live or die with him.

Sark 2.0

Emoterman said:

Houhusky said:

Sark 2.0
    I'm now approximately as pessimistic as I was after Sark was hired, true enough.
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Houhusky said:

Sark 2.0
    I'm now approximately as pessimistic as I was after Sark was hired, true enough.
    7-6 is pretty good though

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Houhusky said:

Sark 2.0
    7-6 is pretty good though
    Nothing's changed with me.

Let's all agree that Jimmy has a sizzling big dick, and leave it at that.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971
    Hey buddy.

I didn’t do an “I told you so” thread about Crisco, AND I was goofing on shit talkin’ slick jimmy lake ballz right out of the gates.

So, yeah. This is MY real estate.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Good post Freeme, but it’s hard to develop a good NFL QB. There are only about 10 of them that are consistently good. If Mayfield and Kyler Murray are never any good does it make Lincoln Riley any less of a QB developer? Look how good Hurts was this year too, despite the LSU game.

I don’t think Sark is a great QB developer, but he’s certainly not bad and can claim that every QB that started for him except Price was a pro. It’s what he definitely does best and is probably his greatest asset as a coach.

As time has passed, I can recognize that Sark is an above average OC. He’s always had elite talent when he’s been an OC, which makes it easier, but the results are there. Still think he’s a shitty coach but our hatred for him and his bullshit has masked that fact.

Here’s my problem with the Sark comparison...

1. Sark had USC/Pete Carol glory years talent and their offense constantly held them back from winning as many titles as they ought to have. Every year they laid an egg that cost them a game which cost them a spot in the title game.

2. UWs issues have been 100% on the offensive side of the ball. Jimmy has had the best defense in the league every year. He had a young D replacing 9 starters with tackling dummies for ILBs and was still ranked in the top 25 nationally in defense. So he has proven that he knows his side of the ball.

3. For all the sizzle Sark got as a recruiter, Jimmy is better. Even a non TBSer like me knows that.

4. For all of Sark’s QB guru nonsense, none of his guys did shit in the NFL. While Lake’s DBs are getting drafted high and playing at a high level. And some of those were not top recruits. He develops talent. Sark exploited talent. Nobody ever got better under Steve fucking Sarkisian.

5. I’m out of things to say, but a 5th reason is expected. Jimmy could still suck, but he’s not Sark. Ok now I’ve got one...Lake appears to be a hard worker, whereas Sark was a Peter Pan syndrome frat boy with major substance abuse problems and no moral compass. It’s hard to outwork the competition when you’re nursing a hangover AND ghosting your mistress while your wife and kids look at you funny at the breakfast table.

Calling someone “Sark” is a grave insult in my book, and I am gonna wait until we are trailing Michigan in the 1st quarter before I unload that bomb.

Might as well get on board now...
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Here’s my problem with the Sark comparison...

1. Sark had USC/Pete Carol glory years talent and their offense constantly held them back from winning as many titles as they ought to have. Every year they laid an egg that cost them a game which cost them a spot in the title game.

2. UWs issues have been 100% on the offensive side of the ball. Jimmy has had the best defense in the league every year. He had a young D replacing 9 starters with tackling dummies for ILBs and was still ranked in the top 25 nationally in defense. So he has proven that he knows his side of the ball.

3. For all the sizzle Sark got as a recruiter, Jimmy is better. Even a non TBSer like me knows that.

4. For all of Sark’s QB guru nonsense, none of his guys did shit in the NFL. While Lake’s DBs are getting drafted high and playing at a high level. And some of those were not top recruits. He develops talent. Sark exploited talent. Nobody ever got better under Steve fucking Sarkisian.

5. I’m out of things to say, but a 5th reason is expected. Jimmy could still suck, but he’s not Sark. Ok now I’ve got one...Lake appears to be a hard worker, whereas Sark was a Peter Pan syndrome frat boy with major substance abuse problems and no moral compass. It’s hard to outwork the competition when you’re nursing a hangover AND ghosting your mistress while your wife and kids look at you funny at the breakfast table.

Calling someone “Sark” is a grave insult in my book, and I am gonna wait until we are trailing Michigan in the 1st quarter before I unload that bomb.

Might as well get on board now...
    If that was your takeaway, I just can’t help you.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Houhusky said:

And now people are freaking out about the lack of sizzle. It's about time that we just admit sizzle is the juice that keeps us going.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971

Good post Freeme, but it’s hard to develop a good NFL QB. There are only about 10 of them that are consistently good. If Mayfield and Kyler Murray are never any good does it make Lincoln Riley any less of a QB developer? Look how good Hurts was this year too, despite the LSU game.

I don’t think Sark is a great QB developer, but he’s certainly not bad and can claim that every QB that started for him except Price was a pro. It’s what he definitely does best and is probably his greatest asset as a coach.

As time has passed, I can recognize that Sark is an above average OC. He’s always had elite talent when he’s been an OC, which makes it easier, but the results are there. Still think he’s a shitty coach but our hatred for him and his bullshit has masked that fact.

THIS. I was going to post the same thing. Of course I think Sark is an overrated dip shit, but developing QBs is a whole other matter than "developing" DBs. The latter is much more a function of inherited athletic ability than it is development.