Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2020 Spring Game

13»

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,921
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

sell booze and lets light this candle, look for the guy in the #1 DONOVAN FAN tee

Are you a power bottom because your comment makes me want to fuck you.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Attendance should be good since they aren't showing it on TV.

Not sure if you watched those abominations on P12 network but they really didn’t show a “game” either. Some sweet Yogi hawt talk and a pretty bad run down of the roster was about what you got.
    jecornel said:

Houhusky said:

I went to every Spring game under Sark and Ty, because it was an actual game. Walking around Montlake cut on a crisp spring morning with my 2 dads, we typically caught the boys in the boat first thing in the morning stomp Cal for the Windermere Cup. Nice cup of high end coffee to keep us warm (no Folgers shit). Mini tailgate, Spring game, which even got nice and sunny a few times. That was a good family Husky tradition for a while.

I tried the preview thing with Pete and it fucking sucked. My time is valuable and watching players run through drills is boring. His stubborn no fun BS killed a long running tradition that connected multiple generations of family to UW.

Guess that makes me a bad fan.

Or maybe Pete was a boring ass bitch that was scared he’d get his players hurt AND was afraid of giving away the recipe to his super secret offense too early.

This is a good decision by Coach Lake...until one of our stars snaps an ACL, and then it was a sizzle showcase that ruined the season.

EWIWBI

Ive never cared for the spring game or anything, but I never understood why Pete or other schools dont just do a fun Pro Bowl competition style events? 40 and 100m sprints, relays, throwing/kicking accuracy competitions, obstacle courses, 7 on 7 flag football, dodge-ball, Alumni vs current roster games/competitions, competitions against fans like tug of war, give out jerseys and hats to fans, let fans "bet" raffle tickets on races or competitions to enter a raffle to win 2 free season tickets... idk... It doesnt have to be retard hotdog eating contests but if you dont want to do a game because injuries or whatever there are a ton of fan interaction things a marketing team can do that are harmless and would actually showcase your athletes and engage fans for a very low cost.
    Because people want to watch football. They want to see the new talent and feel the anticipation of the upcoming season. Real fans want to see a player that could change the season. A diamond in the rough to emerge. Like Lake said, get a crowd for these kids to perform and compete in front of the fanbase.

I want to chew on some hope through the summer so I can have it crushed in October.

If there weren't real spring games the anticipation of Shane Fortney wouldn't have been so high. Lambo really fucked that guy ya know. Should have been a husky legend.

There has been a handful of spring game hero's.

I get it! Stop torturing me. I was drunk. Shane Fortney was the man and I was WRONG! I'm SORRY.

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Scrimmages are for under-performing. Hopefully Lake is a quick learner.