Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaden to start the game

LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,207
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
edited January 2020 in Payton's Place
First touch dribbles off his foot out of bounds. And people said he had handles?

Second touch shoots an ugly as fuck airball 3, wasn’t even close. And people said he could shoot?

Comments

• LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,207
    And he’s never shot a fade-away 21 footer 2-point shot he didn’t like. It’s either that or a turnover
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,431
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even with Green out they should be up by 25 on this shit tree team.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have all the screenshots I need
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    I know everyone (btpFS) likes to jerk off about Wright being an ELITE defender but can someone pull the +/- data for when he is on the court?
    edited January 2020
    I honestly don’t know why Wright or Bey deserve to play, ever. Every time Hameir is in they cut into our lead. And Bey just sucks ass this year.
  • GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 431
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2020
    Houhusky said:

I know everyone (btpFS) likes to jerk off about Wright being an ELITE defender but can someone pull the +/- data for when he is on the court?

He’s a +4.2 per game this season. It’s frustrating that he misses so many open threes, but his turnovers are significantly down this year and he’s an elite defender. Hamier’s a better option than any big sitting on our bench right now solely based off his defense.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    12 for 23 on FT tonight
    edited January 2020
    This team fucking sucks. Our guard play is trash and the offense is absolutely awful which goes without saying. Also nobody knows how to rebound and box out. It’s not that hard to box out and get rebounds, yet our team is full of pussy faggots that can’t get a rebound to save their life (except for Roberts).

Even worse is the roster mismanagement by Hop. What the fuck assemblage of players is this? None of them compliment each other. It’s like a random hodgepodge of recruits. And now players such as Carter and Bey are regressing.

14 to 1 run to lose down the stretch after we are up by double digits all game. Lol.

Hop is the opposite of Pete. Can recruit like crazy and has no idea how to coach

This team fucking sucks. Our guard play is trash and the offense is absolutely awful which goes without saying. Also nobody knows how to rebound and box out. It’s not that hard to box out and get rebounds, yet our team is full of pussy faggots that can’t get a rebound to save their life (except for Roberts).

Even worse is the roster mismanagement by Hop. What the fuck assemblage of players is this? None of them compliment each other. It’s like a random hodgepodge or recruits. And now players such as Carter and Bey are regressing.

Bey has always been a JAG that can’t actually shoot.

Naz still hasn’t learned how to play basketball despite having NBA top 10% athleticism.

Hardy is a bench warming PG

McDaniels is only good if someone on the other team makes him angry

Who knows where the fuck battle is

Roberts is fine but him and wright have worse shots than some of the guys playing at the IMA.

The only player I like is Stewart and the only other player that consistently does his job without fucking up Sam fucking Timmons.
    It feels like Junior Adams is controlling the player rotations and Pete is doing to offensive coaching.

...maybe this is just what it looks like when a coach has checked out...
    Hop’s offense makes Romar rat ball look like an intricate offense. I’ve never seen a worse offense in college ball
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This is really beginning to feel like the Spencer Hawes season.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,256
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    When we were up by 10, I knew it was over. Didn't watch the last 4 min. Stupid turnovers, can't shoot free throws, and can't rebound.....I'm done
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    Standard Supporter

14 to 1 run to lose down the stretch after we are up by double digits all game. Lol.

Hop is the opposite of Pete. Can recruit like crazy and has no idea how to coach

Other than Isaiah Stewart, I havent been that impressed by Hop's recruiting and laying an egg for 2020 class is going to destroy anything he has built.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I’m still convinced this is a roster management/timing issue more than a one and done issue.

The only one and done that had a mildly successful season was Tony Wroten. That team still had a bunch of guys from the IT/Brockman days that knew what was up. They won the conference and got snubbed by the tournament committee.

Every other one and done had come in to UW to an uneven or underwhelming roster. The team is either too young, shitty overall, or has a glaring problem. More often than not that’s guard play. Wroten has success partly because as a guard he could impact the college game at a higher rate. Stewart last night got shit down because of double teams and no guard dribble penetration.

But if we had an IT, Wroten, Roy type lead guard, I guarantee Stewart gets so many more looks other than dangerous lob pass, do something with it offense we are running now.

We need shooters to break zones, and we need dribble drive penetration to beat man. We currently have neither. Carter can get by guys occasionally for a flashy play, but he can’t do it consistently. At least Nowell could beat a guy to his midrange spot and hit consistently. But even he couldn’t drive and kick that well, and his shooting was just ok.

I want Banchero BAD. He’s the real deal. We have 2 years to shape a roster to support his talent. If you have an above average talent level and throw in a piece like him, that’s a potent team to reckon with. But it starts at guard. Always has and always will.

None of this will matter if Hop can’t coach offense.
  • DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544

I’m still convinced this is a roster management/timing issue more than a one and done issue.

The only one and done that had a mildly successful season was Tony Wroten. That team still had a bunch of guys from the IT/Brockman days that knew what was up. They won the conference and got snubbed by the tournament committee.

Every other one and done had come in to UW to an uneven or underwhelming roster. The team is either too young, shitty overall, or has a glaring problem. More often than not that’s guard play. Wroten has success partly because as a guard he could impact the college game at a higher rate. Stewart last night got shit down because of double teams and no guard dribble penetration.

But if we had an IT, Wroten, Roy type lead guard, I guarantee Stewart gets so many more looks other than dangerous lob pass, do something with it offense we are running now.

We need shooters to break zones, and we need dribble drive penetration to beat man. We currently have neither. Carter can get by guys occasionally for a flashy play, but he can’t do it consistently. At least Nowell could beat a guy to his midrange spot and hit consistently. But even he couldn’t drive and kick that well, and his shooting was just ok.

I want Banchero BAD. He’s the real deal. We have 2 years to shape a roster to support his talent. If you have an above average talent level and throw in a piece like him, that’s a potent team to reckon with. But it starts at guard. Always has and always will.

None of this will matter if
    Hop can’t coach offense.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

None of this will matter if Hop can’t coach offense.

It is roster management. Completely agree. And it s not Stewart or McDaniel’s fault, but it doesn’t help one bit to still suck with one and done’s. Might as well build the program.

Not only do they hurt current player development, it’s two schollies that could be used on other guys.