Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2020 returning production

WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
With Levi and Elijah returning, my gut instinct was that we? were bringing back as much production in 2020 as any prior years, so I decided to run some numbers on the past 5 years. Top rows are offense and the bottom rows are defense.

The offense doesn't return much, but outside of QB the young guys were emerging late in the year. On D, we are in good company with the 2016 and 2018 defenses. There are so many good youngsters, so if we can get some halfway decent linebacker play, I think this could be the best D of the Pete/Lake era.

Comments

• DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    I'm bullish. This is going to clearly be the best defense since 2016. I think the LB play will be more athletic and more consistent. There likely will be no 100 tackle player but the distributions across the starters and 2 deeps should suffice. I'm super excited for the secondary. Biggest growth will likely be Kyler Gordon, Cam Williams and Asa Turner. McDuffie is gonna be McDuffie and Keith Taylor is gonna shine.

Jimmy Lake wants more aggressive and I think he has the team for it. We're not super fast but we've got nice size and if the players take S&C seriously they should be able to hold their own.

On offense we have a new QB. Run the ball, if we can do that effectively even with our youth on offense we have the talent to up the amount of chunk plays we can get.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,969 Founders Club

I'm bullish. This is going to clearly be the best defense since 2016. I think the LB play will be more athletic and more consistent. There likely will be no 100 tackle player but the distributions across the starters and 2 deeps should suffice. I'm super excited for the secondary. Biggest growth will likely be Kyler Gordon, Cam Williams and Asa Turner. McDuffie is gonna be McDuffie and Keith Taylor is gonna shine.

Jimmy Lake wants more aggressive and I think he has the team for it. We're not super fast but we've got nice size and if the players take S&C seriously they should be able to hold their own.

On offense we have a new QB. Run the ball, if we can do that effectively even with our youth on offense we have the talent to up the amount of chunk plays we can get.

Could you please put this in a "5 reasons" format?
    Agreed. Who will be doing everything they can to win the game?

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788
    edited January 2020
    Upvoted for using “youngsters.” The WR production is a blessing not to be returning. And how many of the defense snaps were used by Manu?
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,584 Founders Club
    Somewhere between 15-0 and Owen
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    bob gregory is retained, can we add a negative value just for that
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    Woof said:

With Levi and Elijah returning, my gut instinct was that we? were bringing back as much production in 2020 as any prior years, so I decided to run some numbers on the past 5 years. Top rows are offense and the bottom rows are defense.

The offense doesn't return much, but outside of QB the young guys were emerging late in the year. On D, we are in good company with the 2016 and 2018 defenses. There are so many good youngsters, so if we can get some halfway decent linebacker play, I think this could be the best D of the Pete/Lake era.

Our WRs must have been really good in 2019.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,413 Swaye's Wigwam

Woof said:

Yeah these numbers only matter when cross referenced with the quality of who's returning...
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

Woof said:

Yeah these numbers only matter when cross referenced with the quality of who's returning...
    See: Oregon's RBs. And WRs. And Kicker.

Fuck.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    dtd said:

Canadawg said:

Woof said:

See: Oregon's RBs. And WRs. And Kicker.

Fuck.
    Kicker bro? lol
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    Woof said:

Good chit. Twatted.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    The Iron Law of addition by subtraction in heavy effect for the offense, especially the WRs.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    0 production

0 chance at success