Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Noah Sewell receives Top Award at American Bowl All Star game. 😁

2»

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2020

Sewell is obviously awesome, and will be good wherever he plays, but I don't know why you guys get so sensitive when people suggest his best position may not be ILB. Fighting to keep your weight down is generally not ideal for high schoolers.

He could easily gain 15lbs and be Ed Oliver

The Sewell family were all grown ass men coming out of high school. Most schools have framed him up as an ILB. Georgia and Bama fans all talked about him at ILB. It’s only UW fans that continue this line of thought. Look at the kid. He’s best around 15 pounds lighter than he is now.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Smalls will probably be a better pro player though it's too soon to say what happens with Sewell's body.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

dnc said:

Smalls will probably be a better pro player though it's too soon to say what happens with Sewell's body.

Pink slink blade is an auto chin for me.

PrayingDogAndKid.jpg we don't hire that guy.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

Pink slink blade is an auto chin for me.

PrayingDogAndKid.jpg we don't hire that guy.
    I know, kinda why I did it. I still think you're way off on that prediction though, Sewell is a hell of a lot quicker and more agile at 273 than Smalls at 244. People are getting it backwards. The one who needs to bulk up and play on the DL is Smalls. He'll grow into a SDE and slide inside on passive downs but he's not a guy who is good in space or will bend the edge at the next level unless something really happens to change his athletic profile. People calling him a freak haven't turned on a football game in 20 years.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sewell is obviously awesome, and will be good wherever he plays, but I don't know why you guys get so sensitive when people suggest his best position may not be ILB. Fighting to keep your weight down is generally not ideal for high schoolers.

The Monty Hall/Door number 3 option is Avalos simply does the same thing he did with the 6'2", 260 pound inside linebacker Oregon signed last year.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

The Monty Hall/Door number 3 option is Avalos simply does the same thing he did with the 6'2", 260 pound inside linebacker Oregon signed last year.

Sure, but Funa was always an OLB/Edge, it's what he played in HS mostly. Nobody considered him an ILB. Sewell plays inside mostly. /shrug
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Next year’s defense is going to be filthy.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It’s laughable that Smalls is rated ahead of Sewell. Husky fans are trying to convince each other he’s a real 5 star meanwhile Sewell is over here putting on a damn clinic at 3 or 4 positions.

Is this your way of standing up to @dnc?
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

It’s laughable that Smalls is rated ahead of Sewell. Husky fans are trying to convince each other he’s a real 5 star meanwhile Sewell is over here putting on a damn clinic at 3 or 4 positions.

Is this your way of standing up to @dnc?
    What’s that now?