Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Noah Sewell receives Top Award at American Bowl All Star game. 😁

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited January 2020 in Duck Refuge
“ Alpha Dog: Noah Sewell (23) - It has been a great week for the five-star linebacker and he put his stamp on the All-American Bowl by showing just how athletic and versatile he is at 270+. Sewell lined up in the backfield on offense and had a key block that sprung a run for the West, had an athletic interception that he jumped to get and then returned for 15 yards and also showed his speed and vision running the ball when he took a fake punt and ripped off a 30-yard gain on the offensive series after his interception.“

https://247sports.com/Article/All-American-Bowl-2020-top-performers-141606993/

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Hey, where did all the expert Husky football analysts that said Noah couldn’t and wouldn’t play LB for Oregon slither to? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    It’s laughable that Smalls is rated ahead of Sewell. Husky fans are trying to convince each other he’s a real 5 star meanwhile Sewell is over here putting on a damn clinic at 3 or 4 positions.
  • Options
    Ii wouldn’t trade ISM, Mase or AJAX among others for Smalls.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,506
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s laughable that Smalls is rated ahead of Sewell. Husky fans are trying to convince each other he’s a real 5 star meanwhile Sewell is over here putting on a damn clinic at 3 or 4 positions.

DJDuck said:

Smalls jealousy confirmed.
  • Options
    Nah just here for the meltdown when Smalls drops the 5th star and ratings don’t matter any more.
  • Options
    haie said:

DJDuck said:

Smalls jealousy confirmed.
    Now that’s funny. Jealousy my ass.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    edited January 2020
    There’s a thread on Reddit that the 3 juniors are coming back on D. Scott Lenoir, and Graham. With last years class on D and this years we should be loaded. Roof will love this shit.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    DE. If you play him at linebacker he's going to get abused.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

😂 😂 😂
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

😂 😂 😂
    He's just trucking slow white kids from Utah. It's not like he's doing this against LBP, Mater Dei or any team with a bit of speed. He's a DE guys not a LB at the next level. You can thank me later.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

lawsandl said:

😂 😂 😂
    He's just trucking slow white kids from Utah. It's not like he's doing this against LBP, Mater Dei or any team with a bit of speed. He's a DE guys not a LB at the next level. You can thank me later.
    He just got Alpha Dog at the AA game playing ILB. What is wrong with you people? Everyone sees it but Doogs.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I said I'd take Sewell over him and got called racist for it.

Both are great recruits that any school would take.

Sewell will make a bigger early impact.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He's London Fletcher.
  • Options
    Smalls will be a good player, I just don’t see how he’s the #11 player in this class. Then again I think it’s wild the way these rankings work. I do think from what I’ve watched from him on film vs Sewell on film id prefer Sewell. Would be happy to have either on my team but I think sewell is going to make an impact sooner than Smalls.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

There’s a thread on Reddit that the 3 juniors are coming back on D. Scott Lenoir, and Graham. With last years class on D and this years we should be loaded. Roof will love this shit.

Oregon returns 9 starters on defense.

Rumor has it there will be no attrition due to early signing as you said. 👍😁

• Options

Smalls will be a good player, I just don’t see how he’s the #11 player in this class. Then again I think it’s wild the way these rankings work. I do think from what I’ve watched from him on film vs Sewell on film id prefer Sewell. Would be happy to have either on my team but I think sewell is going to make an impact sooner than Smalls.

Smalls emerged early and made it extremely high in the ranks (as high as #2 IIRC, but definitely at least to #3). Other kids have bloomed and caught up with him as a prospect but it's hard to drop somebody far when they're clearly still a very good prospect.

He might be ranked a little too high but he's a stud with a huge ceiling and I'm thrilled we got him.

My uneducated guess is he's not as explosive athletically as he once was either because of conditioning or injury or both. Once he gets a year of good nutrition and S & C I think he's going to be a monster.

Just not as soon as Sewell who won't need all that.

The big concern for you guys with Sewell has to be that he doesn't get too big too soon.

Smalls will probably be a better pro player though it's too soon to say what happens with Sewell's body.
  • Options

When I watch Kayvon Tibs play I see why he's such a nightmare matchup. He's got this flexibility when attacking and often if forces you to say "well he's not strong enough" and then he shows as a Freshman he can play with a bit of power. Smalls isn't that pliable I think his game is going to have to be power. Tim Socha needs to get him dialed in for strength. UW fans will expect baby Lawrence Taylor on the edge. That's not what we're gonna get we're gonna get a kid that's talented but will need to build core strength and muscle to collapse the pocket by force.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Smalls emerged early and made it extremely high in the ranks (as high as #2 IIRC, but definitely at least to #3). Other kids have bloomed and caught up with him as a prospect but it's hard to drop somebody far when they're clearly still a very good prospect.

He might be ranked a little too high but he's a stud with a huge ceiling and I'm thrilled we got him.

My uneducated guess is he's not as explosive athletically as he once was either because of conditioning or injury or both. Once he gets a year of good nutrition and S & C I think he's going to be a monster.

The big concern for you guys with Sewell has to be that he doesn't get too big too soon.

Smalls will probably be a better pro player though it's too soon to say what happens with Sewell's body.
    Sewell will drop weight. He’s the better prospect.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    Sewell is obviously awesome, and will be good wherever he plays, but I don't know why you guys get so sensitive when people suggest his best position may not be ILB. Fighting to keep your weight down is generally not ideal for high schoolers.

He could easily gain 15lbs and be Ed Oliver
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

Sewell will drop weight. He’s the better prospect.
    k