Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    ASU has a few guys like Banks that weren’t priorities for good schools and settled on them. Those type of players aren’t normally very good and there is a often a reason they weren’t highly coveted despite their lofty rankings.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Welcome to the truck stop Taft!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I love Daniyel
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,481 Founders Club

Welcome to the truck stop Taft!

I like what you've done with the place
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Haven't been overly impressed with the RB talent this year. There are many good players but there are no "can't miss" freaks. Even the NFL is cooling on RB a bit. Imagine having having to pay Zeke Elliott's contract and he's barely a game more than Chris Carson in yards. Seattle gets a lot more value out of Carson. College game is different but it's also moving to stronger passing games mated to reliable and tough running RB like Auburn's Whitlow or LSU's Edwards-Helaire. This is why i'm still excited about Dick Newton.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    dnc said:

I love Daniyel

when i saw him i didn't think he had enough speed, elusiveness, size or strength to be a must-get.

watch him win the Heisman in 2021 now.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    Sounds like a 7 win season.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Haven't been overly impressed with the RB talent this year. There are many good players but there are no "can't miss" freaks. Even the NFL is cooling on RB a bit. Imagine having having to pay Zeke Elliott's contract and he's barely a game more than Chris Carson in yards. Seattle gets a lot more value out of Carson. College game is different but it's also moving to stronger passing games mated to reliable and tough running RB like Auburn's Whitlow or LSU's Edwards-Helaire. This is why i'm still excited about Dick Newton.

Everyone should be excited about Dick. BTP’s a moron. Don’t know why he has such a hard on for Cam Davis. It would be great if Cam Davis was an All Pac 12 RB, but he hasn’t done anything yet. Dick has.

Newton had a good freshman year and should only get better. I like our RB’s a lot and am even coming around on Sam Adams.
    I agree. I feel we don't have a Gaskin to win every game by himself, but being able to cycle fresh guys in throughout a game who can pound yards with violence will be very productive.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858

ASU has a few guys like Banks that weren’t priorities for good schools and settled on them. Those type of players aren’t normally very good and there is a often a reason they weren’t highly coveted despite their lofty rankings.

pathetic
  • TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    Ngata didn’t have speed to out run the competition in high school, how’s that going to work in college?
    ASU got some highly ranked guys at the skill position but not much on the lines.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,481 Founders Club

Ngata didn’t have speed to out run the competition in high school, how’s that going to work in college?
    ASU got some highly ranked guys at the skill position but not much on the lines.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    vadawg said:

They're also the guys that have a chip on their shoulders for life and kick ass. Time will tell.
    The players are highly ranked so probably not.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't see what point you're trying to make with that picture. Best coach since James is what I'm hearing out there.
    There isn’t enough footballs for this ASU team. Half these skill players will be in the portal in 2 years
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    They're going to have a sick 7-on-7 team.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,516 Standard Supporter
    He looks like a great athlete to me.

They're going to have a sick 7-on-7 team.

Actually the new 24 year old DB coaches’ father runs one the top 7 on 7 teams in CA. I’m sure that’s not the reason he got the job though.