Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac12 opener game thread

1235»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,094
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

A world could exist where we would have been better off if McDaniels had chosen Kentucky. He looks like he doesnt want to be playing basketball and shows it by his play. I think theres a small chance he quits the team before the end of the season.

As I remember, Oregon had a guy a few years ago who was a 5* all american who had the same issues and either quit or got kicked off the team halfway through the season and they were better off for it.

As a final note, @btp is a fucking idiot

I dont know if the team would be better or worse without... (maybe the fact that I cant definitively say means they would be better without him) But I do know that the suffocating Hop zone defense requires complete tryhard buyin and for everyone to be on the same page.

There is a bit more soft pussy finesse faggotry on the team than in the past few years. Mcdaniels contributes to that, but its not solely his fault. Would be nice if the team had a IT to punk Mcdaniels, Brockman to break his eye socket with a bow in practice, or Venoy to pimp him out at the jack in the box to wake him up... Or maybe Hop or Dollar can stop tiptoeing around him.

The team does play significantly better defense when McDaniels isnt on the floor and Mcdaniels/Wright are giving up an absurd amount of offensive rebounds.

Shoutout to McDaniels...he just isn’t that good and doesn’t appear to have the attitude to want to get there. Get through the season and get drafted...cash in before everyone else figures it out.

They’ve already figured it out.

Kid should go somewhere and get coached up. He didn’t get any from Jerome Collins or his AAU leaches and he’s not getting developed by Hop & Co.

If he had any adult supervision, they’d tell him to transfer to Gonzaga, sit out a year learning the game and come back as a beast in two years.

So many great Zags in the NBA...
    Name, position, height, weight, league, team, games played, points, rebounds, assists. Sabonis has become a good player. Hachimura doing well as a rookie. Clarke is solid. Not a big discrepancy between the schools.

GONZAGA
    Brandon Clarke PF 6-8 210 NBA Grizzlies 31 12.58 5.61 1.35
    Zach Collins C 7-0 235 NBA Trail Blazers 3 9.00 4.00 2.00
    Rui Hachimura F 6-8 230 NBA Wizards 25 13.92 5.80 1.60
    Kelly Olynyk C 7-0 240 NBA Heat 35 7.71 4.54 1.20
    Domas Sabonis PF 6-11 240 NBA Pacers 35 17.77 13.03 4.20
    Nigel Williams-Goss SG 6-3 190 NBA Jazz 8 0.25 0.50 0.50

WASHINGTON
    Marquese Chriss PF 6-10 230 Warriors 37 7.35 5.43 1.89
    Markelle Fultz PG 6-4 200 Magic 36 11.42 2.97 4.42
    Justin Holiday SF 6-6 181 Pacers 37 7.70 3.43 1.43
    Dejounte Murray SG 6-5 175 Spurs 31 10.48 5.81 4.13
    Jaylen Nowell SG 6-4 202 Timberwolves 7 4.43 0.71 0.86
    Terrence Ross SF 6-7 206 Magic 35 13.40 2.80 0.89
    Isaiah Thomas PG 5-9 185 Wizards 27 13.00 1.52 4.26
    Matisse Thybulle SF 6-5 200 Sixers 30 4.83 1.07 1.23
    So quantity AND quality obviously in UW’s favor. Dig deeper and do the entire history and the discrepancy is even more obvious.

Gonzaga is the Boise fucking St of b-ball. At their height, they win 1-2 preseason games against real competition, win their bullshit league, everyone sucks their dick, they lose early in the tourney. Like 2-3 good runs in the tourney and people think they’re Duke.

There’s a reason hardly any high profile recruits outside of the region go to Gonzaga. Small town shit hole that plays the majority of its games against even smaller town shit holes.

Then they go pro and flame out. Or don’t even make it.

They’re a good college program with more success than UW, but nobody is trying to go there. Most of their best players are transfers and international players.

It’s almost like playing against WCC competition for 90% of your college career doesn’t prepare you that well for the league.

Who could have predicted this???
    I read this thinking that its a good thing @creepycoug isn't a zaggot
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Houhusky said:

A world could exist where we would have been better off if McDaniels had chosen Kentucky. He looks like he doesnt want to be playing basketball and shows it by his play. I think theres a small chance he quits the team before the end of the season.

As I remember, Oregon had a guy a few years ago who was a 5* all american who had the same issues and either quit or got kicked off the team halfway through the season and they were better off for it.

I dont know if the team would be better or worse without... (maybe the fact that I cant definitively say means they would be better without him) But I do know that the suffocating Hop zone defense requires complete tryhard buyin and for everyone to be on the same page.

There is a bit more soft pussy finesse faggotry on the team than in the past few years. Mcdaniels contributes to that, but its not solely his fault. Would be nice if the team had a IT to punk Mcdaniels, Brockman to break his eye socket with a bow in practice, or Venoy to pimp him out at the jack in the box to wake him up... Or maybe Hop or Dollar can stop tiptoeing around him.

The team does play significantly better defense when McDaniels isnt on the floor and Mcdaniels/Wright are giving up an absurd amount of offensive rebounds.

Shoutout to McDaniels...he just isn’t that good and doesn’t appear to have the attitude to want to get there. Get through the season and get drafted...cash in before everyone else figures it out.

Kid should go somewhere and get coached up. He didn’t get any from Jerome Collins or his AAU leaches and he’s not getting developed by Hop & Co.

If he had any adult supervision, they’d tell him to transfer to Gonzaga, sit out a year learning the game and come back as a beast in two years.

Name, position, height, weight, league, team, games played, points, rebounds, assists. Sabonis has become a good player. Hachimura doing well as a rookie. Clarke is solid. Not a big discrepancy between the schools.

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON
    So quantity AND quality obviously in UW’s favor. Dig deeper and do the entire history and the discrepancy is even more obvious.

Gonzaga is the Boise fucking St of b-ball. At their height, they win 1-2 preseason games against real competition, win their bullshit league, everyone sucks their dick, they lose early in the tourney. Like 2-3 good runs in the tourney and people think they’re Duke.

There’s a reason hardly any high profile recruits outside of the region go to Gonzaga. Small town shit hole that plays the majority of its games against even smaller town shit holes.

They’re a good college program with more success than UW, but nobody is trying to go there. Most of their best players are transfers and international players.

It’s almost like playing against WCC competition for 90% of your college career doesn’t prepare you that well for the league.

Paging @Zaggot
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,467
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

They have played in the title game and routinely beat top-level teams. In fact, the WCC has been as good or better than the PAC recently (including beating PAC teams head-to-head). Stop kidding yourself.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

They have played in the title game and routinely beat top-level teams. In fact, the WCC has been as good or better than the PAC recently (including beating PAC teams head-to-head). Stop kidding yourself.
    “The WCC has been as good or better than the PAC???”

Wow. Just, wow.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

Every computer metric disagrees with you.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,467
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

Top of that league has done just fine. Gonzaga would easily win the PAC if they were in the league. That's not even debatable.

UW is not a hoops school.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

Kind of doogish Freeme. They made the title game. They have been good for years and have leveled up to become a perennial contender. Would anyone be shocked if they won a title? It’s hard so they probably won’t, but they will make another Final 4 or two in the next 5-10 years.

We would kill to have their success. I know you’re talking more about the NBA, but outside of Duke and Kentucky, nobody really has more than two alumni that are All-Stars.

Kansas has Embiid. Michigan State has Draymond Green. Villanova has Kyle Lowry, who came before their real peak. Virginia has no All Stars I can think of. Neither does North Carolina. Michigan, Louisville, etc.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

Top of that league has done just fine. Gonzaga would easily win the PAC if they were in the league. That's not even debatable.

Gonzaga wouldn't roll through the league like they do the WCC. Every few years they might win the league. The bottom of the WCC is shit. Pepperdine there?

I respect what Few has done. Going to the tourney every year is impressive, Roy Williams and shitdick Calipari can't even say that. But the WCC isn't as good as the PAC 12 and they wouldn't roll through the PAC 12 every year.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,431
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

When me, Tommy, and Shane were going to UW it sure as hell was. Seattle loves basketball especially with home grown talent. The students were all over it when IT was here.

Gonzaga has a coach. That's it.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2020
    Gonzaga would be top 3 of the pac 12 every year and win it a good chunk of the time. If you think otherwise you’re probably not watching their games. Few’s teams are fucking legit, especially on offense.

Their downfall most years is their defense isn’t elite and they get softened up in the WCC, which is well documented.

Gonzaga would be top 3 of the pac 12 every year and win it a good chunk of the time. If you think otherwise you’re probably not watching their games. Few’s teams are fucking legit, especially on offense.

Their downfall most years is their defense isn’t the elite and they get softened up in the WCC, which is well documented.

I agree they'd be top 3 every year. That's a much different claim than "the WCC has been as good or better than the Pac recently" which means they'd easily win the Pac annually.

They wouldn't.

They'd still be very good though.
  • LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,207
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

This team is bad, real bad. I’m predicting a bottom third finish in the league. I’m starting to think our victories OOC were due to the fact people hadn’t caught on to Stewart. Double him and we can’t do anything. Shit team, shit offense, shitty coaching

dnc said:

This team is bad, real bad. I’m predicting a bottom third finish in the league. I’m starting to think our victories OOC were due to the fact people hadn’t caught on to Stewart. Double him and we can’t do anything. Shit team, shit offense, shitty coaching

They're going to make the tourney.

They're not especially good though.
    Looks like I was right all along. Only worse than I predicted, last place. But Jaden is a lottery pick!!!

dnc said:

They're going to make the tourney.

They're not especially good though.
    Looks like I was right all along. Only worse than I predicted, last place. But Jaden is a lottery pick!!!
    Losing Quade was a game changer, but yeah.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

It's a serious thing to take me on, especially defending a program I like (that day). Serious bidness. Don't want to do it in the middle of the store. Lives are often effected. Sometims, people get hurt (list too long). Sometims, they die (OBK, BTP, Ballz ... BroadcastDoog ... just a matter of tim).

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

Boise State has beaten Oregon ... a few tims.

Therefore, Boise State is an equal or better program, and would fare in the P12 as well or better than Oregon.

Do I have that correct? Or do I misstate?

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

Kind of doogish Freeme. They made the title game. They have been good for years and have leveled up to become a perennial contender. Would anyone be shocked if they won a title? It’s hard so they probably won’t, but they will make another Final 4 or two in the next 5-10 years.

We would kill to have their success. I know you’re talking more about the NBA, but outside of Duke and Kentucky, nobody really has more than two alumni that are All-Stars.

Kansas has Embiid. Michigan State has Draymond Green. Villanova has Kyle Lowry, who came before their real peak. Virginia has no All Stars I can think of. Neither does North Carolina. Michigan, Louisville, etc.
    Toothy? That you man?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Their downfall most years is their defense isn’t the elite and they get softened up in the WCC, which is well documented.

I agree they'd be top 3 every year. That's a much different claim than "the WCC has been as good or better than the Pac recently" which means they'd easily win the Pac annually.

They wouldn't.

They'd still be very good though.
    It’s also absurd because the wcc is so top heavy. In most years, Gonzaga would compete for first in the p12, st Mary’s for 4th/5th, BYU for 7th/8th, and every other team would finish 13th if they were added to the pac12.

Houhusky said:

GONZAGA

WASHINGTON

Toothy? That you man?
    Toothy never caught on Creep.
    It caught on for me. I only try to entertain myself.

You wanna whore yourself out for chins be my guest. I am my own man Roadie. I'm the Creep.