Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OT Couch sale

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

Fuck David Stern, Fuck Aubrey McClendon and fuck Clay Bennett.

Two out of three ain't bad.

So far.

You're missing Schultz.
    Howard Schultz is already dead to me.
    Do you not drink Starbucks to stick it to him?
    Forget the millions of dollars he generates for charity. Pissed off he sold HIS basketball team for the most money. How dare he!
    Why the hell would a sports fan give a shit about his charity donations?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2020
    TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.
    Forget the millions of dollars he generates for charity. Pissed off he sold HIS basketball team for the most money. How dare he!
    Only Howard claimed he had a higher $ offer(s) but sold the team to Clay Clay and Aubs because they committed they'd keep the Sonics in Seattle. Which they did.

Great benefactor, man.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.
    Why the hell would a sports fan give a shit about his charity donations?
    Sports fans only care about sports? Wow. That's truly pathetic even for this site.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.
    Only Howard claimed he had a higher $ offer(s) but sold the team to Clay Clay and Aubs because they committed they'd keep the Sonics in Seattle. Which they did.

Great benefactor, man.
    His decision. I don't give a fuck what he could have done or what anyone thinks he should have done. Why is this so hard? I get people are pissed but the Sonics are not owned by a public entity.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

He was great for the NBA objectively

He worked for the owners and they were happy

The players like Silver a lot better.

Seattle fucked themselves with their love affair with the Seattle Center

And having a shitty owner who sold us out

Yep. Schultz is enemy #1 for selling the team. I bet he regrets that now. He could have taken some short term losses for bigger money later.

Anyone with any sense knew Bennett wanted to move the team.

The arena bullshit hasn’t been fixed since the Sonics left despite the “close calls.”

I got over the Sonics leaving a year or two after it happened. I don’t care one bit now that they are gone. I remember going to games their last few years and they did lack fan support. Everyone was suddenly a huge fan once they were gone.

I like to tell people to lose millions with their business. It's what I like to do.
    He could have personally financed several arenas and still come out ahead after the teams appreciation over the past 10 years. Selling when he did was a shitty decision.
    Short term decision and it was his to make. Not yours.

You've never wanted to move on from something in your life?
    What's your point? No fuck it's his decision, I can still say I think he's a piece of shit.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tbh, fuck Clay Bennet and Howard Schultz.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

Yep. Schultz is enemy #1 for selling the team. I bet he regrets that now. He could have taken some short term losses for bigger money later.

The arena bullshit hasn’t been fixed since the Sonics left despite the “close calls.”

I got over the Sonics leaving a year or two after it happened. I don’t care one bit now that they are gone. I remember going to games their last few years and they did lack fan support. Everyone was suddenly a huge fan once they were gone.

I like to tell people to lose millions with their business. It's what I like to do.
    He could have personally financed several arenas and still come out ahead after the teams appreciation over the past 10 years. Selling when he did was a shitty decision.
    Short term decision and it was his to make. Not yours.

You've never wanted to move on from something in your life?
    And that’s fine but we as fans have a right to hate his punk ass. I bet he regrets selling the team, too.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

They lacked fan support when Clay gutted the team and basically admitted he was moving them. Before then they were always in the top 2/3 in attendance.
    As someone that went to games, this is not true. The arena was never that full. This was even before Bennett bought the team.

In the early to mid 90’s the fan support was very good. The year we went to the 2nd round after beating the Kings, I went to two regular season games that were maybe 2/3rds full. We were 21st in attendance that year.

I also went to the clinching game against the Kings and it was packed, but to pretend like Seattle had amazing, die hard fans is false. A lot came out of the woodwork after the Supes left. You’re fooling yourself if you think there weren’t.

We were 14th in attendance the year we went to the Finals (95-96). I will admit I don’t know the capacity of Key Arena compared to other arenas at the time.

Edit: It was in the lower end, but every arena is basically 17-21 thousand.

We had bandwagon fans that came out more when we won, which is normal, but it wasn’t some basketball mecca, where the fan support was amazing, like the narrative pretends now.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SEA/1996.html

Go look at the attendence year after year. It was bottom half after the good years.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

So far.

So what you’re saying is

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

They lacked fan support when Clay gutted the team and basically admitted he was moving them. Before then they were always in the top 2/3 in attendance.
    As someone that went to games, this is not true. The arena was never that full. This was even before Bennett bought the team.

In the early to mid 90’s the fan support was very good. The year we went to the 2nd round after beating the Kings, I went to two regular season games that were maybe 2/3rds full. We were 21st in attendance that year.

I also went to the clinching game against the Kings and it was packed, but to pretend like Seattle had amazing, die hard fans is false. A lot came out of the woodwork after the Supes left. You’re fooling yourself if you think there weren’t.

We were 14th in attendance the year we went to the Finals (95-96). I will admit I don’t know the capacity of Key Arena compared to other arenas at the time.

We had bandwagon fans that came out more when we won, which is normal, but it wasn’t some basketball mecca, where the fan support was amazing, like the narrative pretends now.

Go look at the attendence year after year. It was bottom half after the good years.
    21st out of 30 is basically top 2/3.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

21st out of 30 is basically top 2/3.
    Yes, I read it wrong. It’s still lower end.

That said, moving from a medium sized market to the smallest in the NBA is FS. A lot about what went down was wrong. People that say the fan support was lacking we’re still correct. Abundance in this case.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Did Tommy fall and hit his last night or is he whooshing people lol
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,866
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,256
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Attendance didn't fall until Wally Walker fucking stupid crashed the car

They were actually on the way back under Clay because they hired the Spurs guy and got KD and Westbrook

They would have sold out if they weren't in OKC
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,539
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So are the sonics moving back to Seattle because it is his death wish on us?