Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wilner’s List and Jim Mora

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited January 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
I saw the post about Wilner’s All Decade team and have been going over a few teams.

2014 UCLA was 80th in CFB in points allowed with 28.1 PPG. 80th out of 128 with a roster just absolutely loaded with talent.

On that team:

DL- Kenny Clark - 4 star. 1st round pick after the next season by the Packers.

DT- Eddie Vanderdoes- 5 star, 5th round pick.

DE- Owamagbe Odighizuwa - 5 star. 3rd Round pick

LB - Eric Kendricks - 2nd round pick. Is really good in the NFL for the Vikings and was really good at UCLA

LB - Myles Jack - 2nd round pick. Would have been first round if he didn’t blow out his knee the next year.

LB- Deon Hollins - 4 star and had 9 sacks

LB - Kenny Young - 4th round pick. 4 star recruit.

CB - Fabian Moreau - 3rd round pick

CB - Ishmael Adams - 4 star #10 CB in his class

S - Randall Goforth - 4 star. Played in the NFL and was all Pac 12 the season after this.

S- Anthony Jefferson - 4 star

Bench: DT - Ellis McCarthy 5 Star, S- Tahaan Goodman High 4 star, LB - Aaron Wallace - NFL draft pick the next year, S- Priest Willis - 5 star, Marcus Rios - 4 star.

I knew Mora was bad but holy shit. The whole front 7 was 5 star recruits and NFL guys with a 5 star DL and a junior that was drafted after the next season at LB. They have multiple guys that not only play in the NFL, but get paid big money extensions because they are good. The secondary isn’t quite as loaded but were all 4 star players with a 5 star safety on the bench.

PGOS and myself could have coached that defense to a top 25 level. Not sure the point of this, but I thought it was interesting.

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,618 Standard Supporter
    Isn't it an iron law that UCLA will underachieve and their talent will be wasted?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Most Pac 12 coaches cant coach defense

Pete could but had other shortcomings

Kawasaki *
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

And to think that I agonized for weeks when Mora signed with UCLA. I was so bitter toward Emmert for fucking it all up. But in this instance, I couldn't have been more wrong.

And to think that I agonized for weeks when Mora signed with UCLA. I was so bitter toward Emmert for fucking it all up. But in this instance, I couldn't have been more wrong.

Still should have hired him in 2008. We would have recruited well and wouldn’t have gone 0-12. We would have gotten to a Sark level with him.

We got lucky in 2013 that he either didn’t become our coach or we didn’t offer him. Pete was a much better choice.
    Hearing he's tanned, rested and ready for LB coach with a brand new purple blood and gold piss transfusion.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Emoterman said:

Still should have hired him in 2008. We would have recruited well and wouldn’t have gone 0-12. We would have gotten to a Sark level with him.

We got lucky in 2013 that he either didn’t become our coach or we didn’t offer him. Pete was a much better choice.
    Hearing he's tanned, rested and ready for LB coach with a brand new purple blood and gold piss transfusion.
    I did an in-depth post about Mora years back. He was always a shitty DC in the NFL. His whole career is based off sizzle and being deep in the good OL boy network. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near UW, even as a position coach.

I still can’t believe he was promoted to be the Seahawks head coach after coaching a DB unit that was last in passing defense the year before.
    But he's Hugh Millen's BFF!!

*isn't that what you dumbfucks that still listen the the Husky Honks think? Fucking jocksniffers
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,681 Standard Supporter
    TommySQC said:

Emoterman said:

I did an in-depth post about Mora years back. He was always a shitty DC in the NFL. His whole career is based off sizzle and being deep in the good OL boy network. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near UW, even as a position coach.

I still can’t believe he was promoted to be the Seahawks head coach after coaching a DB unit that was last in passing defense the year before.
    But he's Hugh Millen's BFF!!

*isn't that what you dumbfucks that still listen the the Husky Honks think? Fucking jocksniffers
    I'm homeys with a few of Moras frat bros.

Even they can't stand him.