Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Terrence Brown hired as DB coach

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,636
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I don't hate anyone

I hate everyone

You hate neither Corky I nor Corky II
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,432
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't hate anyone

I hate everyone

On the Sopranos we learned that sociopaths like dogs and babies in an attempt to appear human
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,636
    Founders Club

I don't hate anyone

I hate everyone

On the Sopranos we learned that sociopaths like dogs and babies in an attempt to appear human
    During one of your podcasts, Corky I kept barking, to which you yelled "Put a cork in it, Corky!"

That was DNC-level bullying.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    @sonics1993 says hes not a fan of the hire because he doesnt think he'll be a good recruiter. Luckily we have a pretty good record on hires that are reviled for their assumed lack of recruiting prowess
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Does LMC hate it? Good, sign me up.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

DoogDawg said:

This seems like a safe hire and makes a lot of sense. Rather than trying to reinvent the DB coaching with Gerald, he’s going to try to keep the current philosophy and coaching going by bringing in another disciple who learned under him. Might not be a sexy hire but it makes a ton of sense. Jimmy isn’t looking to rock the boat too much on what’s already working.

Coaches hire their buddies. Needed somebody fairly cheap that he can trust and this guy fit the bill.

GA probably wants to move up. UW is a better program than Cal despite them owning us, but even with a bullshit co-dc title, it’s a lateral move with probably better pay.
    If Jen is really yanking the money leash after Petersen let her off the hook for like 15mm, if we're really going to spend appreciably less on total coach outlay by design, fuck this program. The money to Bush is fucking sunk cost that we should be thrilled to be cutting bait so quickly and cheaply.

If we find out Jimmy REALLY wanted GA and was told no by AD bursar, that will be super disappointing. @sonics1993 is that the word?
    The aren’t going to spend big money for a 2nd DB coach. You know Lake will still be more involved there than anywhere else too.

The money is for the offense I’ve coaching.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    We are going have a staff of recruiters and nobody to actually coach
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HuskyJW said:

We are going have a staff of recruiters and nobody to actually coach

BOWDOWN!!!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,002
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

DoogDawg said:

This seems like a safe hire and makes a lot of sense. Rather than trying to reinvent the DB coaching with Gerald, he’s going to try to keep the current philosophy and coaching going by bringing in another disciple who learned under him. Might not be a sexy hire but it makes a ton of sense. Jimmy isn’t looking to rock the boat too much on what’s already working.

Coaches hire their buddies. Needed somebody fairly cheap that he can trust and this guy fit the bill.

GA probably wants to move up. UW is a better program than Cal despite them owning us, but even with a bullshit co-dc title, it’s a lateral move with probably better pay.
    If Jen is really yanking the money leash after Petersen let her off the hook for like 15mm, if we're really going to spend appreciably less on total coach outlay by design, fuck this program. The money to Bush is fucking sunk cost that we should be thrilled to be cutting bait so quickly and cheaply.

If we find out Jimmy REALLY wanted GA and was told no by AD bursar, that will be super disappointing. @sonics1993 is that the word?
    The aren’t going to spend big money for a 2nd DB coach. You know Lake will still be more involved there than anywhere else too.

The money is for the offense I’ve coaching.
    If they fire Gregory they have to pay his buy out as well. We will see what happens. They should have plenty of money to put together a good staff with the difference between Pete and lake.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2020

Will Harris needs to have a sit down with the Bobs.

What exactly would you say Will does here?

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,528
    Founders Club

Seriously. If he still needs help coaching the DBs at this point, he needs to sell his fucking couch.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Seriously. If he still needs help coaching the DBs at this point, he needs to sell his fucking couch.
    After the tenth coach was added, more and more teams are employing two coaches for the secondary. I don't take it as a knock on Harris at all.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

@sonics1993 says hes not a fan of the hire because he doesnt think he'll be a good recruiter. Luckily we have a pretty good record on hires that are reviled for their assumed lack of recruiting prowess

Who has GA recruited that has convinced everyone he's a great recruiter? The obsession with GA among a faction of the fanbase is approaching Jordan Banks territory.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

After the tenth coach was added, more and more teams are employing two coaches for the secondary. I don't take it as a knock on Harris at all.
    In a typical scenario I could get behind it.

On a team with a DB coach as a HC, who should be best qualified to a) coach the DB coach and b) help close DB recruits it makes no sense at all.

I'd much rather have a dedicated ST coach or a second OL coach than a second DB coach with Jimmy as HC.

First rule of leadership is you staff your weaknesses, not your strengths.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,002
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Who has GA recruited that has convinced everyone he's a great recruiter? The obsession with GA among a faction of the fanbase is approaching Jordan Banks territory.
    The obsession is brought to you by the same portion of our fan base so it makes sense. I like GA but he likely wants a coordinator job this year or next.

If he stays on as secondary coach at cal for more than a year the hire of brown is a little curious, but I think Alexander is thinking bigger than secondary coach at uw. Just my two cents.