Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This will be no Benghazi

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,124
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2020

Sledog said:

I'm sure Iraqi airstrikes killing 25 Americans on our soil would be met with hugs and kisses.

Which CDBros. started a new Alt?

Rocketing or troops gets you blown up. Iranians proxies are dealt with. This ain't the Obunghole administration.

For whatever reason it won't let me log onto my previous handle (dhdawg) but my wigwam membership transferred over. Confusing but whatever
    So why didn't you send me an email or PM?

I just emailed you a new password for your DHDawg account
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,891

Swaye said:

America will fail one day because a large segment of our population actually wants us to fail. It's really quite mind boggling.

They want failure so they can grab power. An age old tactic.
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/01/the-media-is-lying-about-the-attacks-on-the-embassy-in-baghdad/

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

America will fail one day because a large segment of our population actually wants us to fail. It's really quite mind boggling.

They want failure so they can grab power. An age old tactic.
    That's the Whole Enchilada. Isms are the cover-fire.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,883

fine, caretaker prime minister. It's up to the Iraqi people to work out the sectarian conflict in their country. We should not be involved, period.

25 Total Poasts. 24/25 Totally Gay Posts.
    The other post was mostly gay.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Directly from my friend who currently is in the embassy and has a very moderate view of our very partisan politics.

/thread
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

https://foxnews.com/opinion/joe-kent-after-airstrikes-in-iraq-here-is-the-way-forward-in-mideast-for-us

If you have not paid attention to Iraq beyond the fight against ISIS, having Iraqis lay siege to the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad may seem surprising.

They are protesting the recent series of airstrikes the U.S. conducted against the Iranian proxy in Iraq, Katib Al-Hizballah. That group had conducted multiple rocket attacks on U.S. installations in Iraq in the last two months, with the most recent killing a U.S. contractor. Our retaliatory strikes were labeled a violation of Iraqi sovereignty by the Iraqi government and key members of the Iraqi government have vowed to strike the U.S. again.

These events come as a surprise because the U.S. national security establishment has told us that despite the controversial beginnings of the Iraq conflict, we were successful at building a real government that can be a strategic partner in the region. To quickly make a government we allowed Shia exiles and Iranian proxies into the Iraqi government and turned a blind eye to Iran’s control of the Iraqi state.

he Bush administration began this lie for obvious reasons. The premise of the invasion was debunked early on and we lost almost 5,000 Americans and spent about a trillion dollars to get Iraq somewhat stable and needed something to show for it. But the stability we sold as a victory from 2008-2013 was just a tactical pause in the Sunni vs. Shia civil war that solidified Iran’s control.

The Obama administration was eager to continue this lie because it allowed us to withdraw from Iraq with the fig leaf of success. Iran’s proxies wanted to make sure that we left on schedule and killed nearly 30 U.S. service members between May and August 2011 to ensure we left by the end of that year. The Obama administration had no desire to confront Iranian aggression; they valued cutting the so-called Iran deal above all other security priorities in the region.

My security industry buddies have been warning that Iraq has been becoming an Iranian proxy for years. All the boots on the ground knew this.
    Shocking that removing a Sunni dictator there and promoting "democracy" might cause the Shiites to align with Iran. At least when @RaceBannon was watching Vietnam on the nightly news, there was probably still some Cold War strategic value to losing but still looking TUFF. Iraq was just FS.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

https://foxnews.com/opinion/joe-kent-after-airstrikes-in-iraq-here-is-the-way-forward-in-mideast-for-us

If you have not paid attention to Iraq beyond the fight against ISIS, having Iraqis lay siege to the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad may seem surprising.

They are protesting the recent series of airstrikes the U.S. conducted against the Iranian proxy in Iraq, Katib Al-Hizballah. That group had conducted multiple rocket attacks on U.S. installations in Iraq in the last two months, with the most recent killing a U.S. contractor. Our retaliatory strikes were labeled a violation of Iraqi sovereignty by the Iraqi government and key members of the Iraqi government have vowed to strike the U.S. again.

These events come as a surprise because the U.S. national security establishment has told us that despite the controversial beginnings of the Iraq conflict, we were successful at building a real government that can be a strategic partner in the region. To quickly make a government we allowed Shia exiles and Iranian proxies into the Iraqi government and turned a blind eye to Iran’s control of the Iraqi state.

he Bush administration began this lie for obvious reasons. The premise of the invasion was debunked early on and we lost almost 5,000 Americans and spent about a trillion dollars to get Iraq somewhat stable and needed something to show for it. But the stability we sold as a victory from 2008-2013 was just a tactical pause in the Sunni vs. Shia civil war that solidified Iran’s control.

The Obama administration was eager to continue this lie because it allowed us to withdraw from Iraq with the fig leaf of success. Iran’s proxies wanted to make sure that we left on schedule and killed nearly 30 U.S. service members between May and August 2011 to ensure we left by the end of that year. The Obama administration had no desire to confront Iranian aggression; they valued cutting the so-called Iran deal above all other security priorities in the region.

My security industry buddies have been warning that Iraq has been becoming an Iranian proxy for years. All the boots on the ground knew this.
    Shocking that removing a Sunni dictator there and promoting "democracy" might cause the Shiites to align with Iran. At least when @RaceBannon was watching Vietnam on the nightly news, there was probably still some Cold War strategic value to losing but still looking TUFF. Iraq was just FS.

I was against the war in Iraq but once we? were there that's kind of it isn't it? You've gotta rebuild the damn place a la Japan or Germany and it might take a long fucking time.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    German and Japan didnt have a backward ass religion created by a warlord pedophile getting in the way of things

That region of the world is stuck in 1200 AD mentality. Never really had a Renaissance. Damn shame too, the Babylonians and Persians really had a good run before the Mongols burned everything and Mohammad's religion took over every aspect of life.

Some Muslims are good people, dont twist. The ones that got the fuck out of Iran in the 70s and 80s are pretty smart.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

German and Japan didnt have a backward ass religion created by a warlord pedophile getting in the way of things

That region of the world is stuck in 1200 AD mentality. Never really had a Renaissance. Damn shame too, the Babylonians and Persians really had a good run before the Mongols burned everything and Mohammad's religion took over every aspect of life.

Some Muslims are good people, dont twist. The ones that got the fuck out of Iran in the 70s and 80s are pretty smart.

Bad, bad take, PGOS.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,272
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was against the war in Iraq but once we? were there that's kind of it isn't it? You've gotta rebuild the damn place a la Japan or Germany and it might take a long fucking time.
    I was for it. But I also thought we'd find all the WMD and have a decent plan for post invasion governance. Who knows how it would have played out had we put another less bad Sunni strongman in there- i.e., Saddam lite.

Japan and Germany aren't good analogies. Those were homogeneous nations who were so thoroughly whipped they had no choice but to cooperate with the occupiers and rebuild. Plus those countries didn't suck in the first place before the WWII.

Perhaps if Iraq was a country of 1 tribe instead of 3 and we had firebombed its cities first, post war nation building might be possible.
    You're reading too much into my analogy. I simply meant you couldn't topple the strong man and then peace out. Which has been proven in Iraq and Libya more or less.

I'm fully on board with breaking Iraq up and we should have at least given the Kurds their country right after we killed Saddam and told the rest of the Iraqi's too fucking bad losers. This is what you get.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was for it. But I also thought we'd find all the WMD and have a decent plan for post invasion governance. Who knows how it would have played out had we put another less bad Sunni strongman in there- i.e., Saddam lite.

Japan and Germany aren't good analogies. Those were homogeneous nations who were so thoroughly whipped they had no choice but to cooperate with the occupiers and rebuild. Plus those countries didn't suck in the first place before the WWII.

Perhaps if Iraq was a country of 1 tribe instead of 3 and we had firebombed its cities first, post war nation building might be possible.
    This is pretty much me. I thought we were going to be able to win this time

What a bipartisan clusterfuck

It's clear that leveling a country to liberate it isn't cool these days

Oh well. Let's figure out how to get out and let the Air Force handle any issues left behind
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bad, bad take, PGOS.
    Emperor worship in Japan has nothing on Islam

Japan saw what happened to China and other Asian countries in the 100 years prior and wanted no part of being Englands bitch like China was in the Opium Wars

Saw some quote somewhere about by the time Japan had seriously entered the game, the west had flipped the script and called the game immoral

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,883
    I'm Happy we had a response. Gunship flyover and then troops delivered next day.

Better than rolling over in bed and letting the people that could incriminate you in the guns to Syria scandal die so they can't testify. Then blaming some poor shlubs video and having him imprisoned as cover for your ass.

I like Trump in this one.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Directly from my friend who currently is in the embassy and has a very moderate view of our very partisan politics.

So a reaction to a video is still in play. Got it.