Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Unpopular opinion

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    @Gladstone caz you being a little hurt cunt. Going to double in 2020
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    1) Monken
    2) Moore - unproven but maybe the highest ceiling
    3) Lashlee
    4) Lindgren
    5) Long

All are somewhat even because we don’t really know and will get a year before I make any harsh judgements.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

1) Monken
    2) Moore - unproven but maybe the highest ceiling
    3) Lashlee
    4) Lindgren
    5) Long

All are somewhat even because we don’t really know and will get a year before I make any harsh judgements.

I'd put Lindgren last and maybe Lashlee even with Moore but this is basically my list.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam
    I dont understand why Moore is even in the conversation. Get someone who has proven they can install and run a college offense. There must be dozens of guys like that who would prefer OC at UW over what they're doing.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,767 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I dont understand why Moore is even in the conversation. Get someone who has proven they can install and run a college offense. There must be dozens of guys like that who would prefer OC at UW over what they're doing.

I’m not that concerned about the experience aspect. If you can do it in the NFL, you can do it in college. There are dozens of guys that would like to be UW’s OC but very few are going to have the experience or success we would deem acceptable.

We need a guy that can form his offense around the personnel we have. Too many coaches need to have the perfect players in order for their scheme to work. Be flexible, keep it somewhat simple, play fast, and make sure your players ante confident.

Our players in recent years were bogged down by the “details”, they weren’t confident, and Pete was very inflexible with his offense.
    I really agree with paragraph 1&2.

Living in cowboy country I hear sooo much about the offense and specifics about play calling and other shit.

Couple that with the stats about how dem boyz offense did against shitty teams and against good teams and it’s a hard pass for me.

Plus saying fatters was right about something goes against my religion.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,710 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I’m not that concerned about the experience aspect. If you can do it in the NFL, you can do it in college. There are dozens of guys that would like to be UW’s OC but very few are going to have the experience or success we would deem acceptable.

We need a guy that can form his offense around the personnel we have. Too many coaches need to have the perfect players in order for their scheme to work. Be flexible, keep it somewhat simple, play fast, and make sure your players ante confident.

Our players in recent years were bogged down by the “details”, they weren’t confident, and Pete was very inflexible with his offense.
    Furthermore, the offense changed every week to adapt to the opponents and their personnel with different gadget plays and whatnot.

While it makes sense in theory, it never worked in practice and is responsible for pretty much all of our losses over the last 3 years.
  • dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    dnc said:

I actually don't think Kellen Moore would be a bad hire.

I would have been much more scared about him under Pete given Pete's feelings for him. We probably could have never fired him.

But under Lake...I would be pretty happy with it honestly. The Dallas offense was actually very productive this season. He worked magic with Dad Prescott. He never coached under Pete to get infected by Pete's offensive toxicity.

I think he'd be a win.

Flag away.

dnc said:

I would have been much more scared about him under Pete given Pete's feelings for him. We probably could have never fired him.

But under Lake...I would be pretty happy with it honestly. The Dallas offense was actually very productive this season. He worked magic with Dad Prescott. He never coached under Pete to get infected by Pete's offensive toxicity.

I think he'd be a win.

Flag away.

Am I the only motherfucker here that doesn’t want to be Boise by the Sea?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,176
    Kellen Moore is more likely to be offered a HC gig in the NFL than to come to UW. Cook it.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

I think he'd be a win.

Flag away.

Flagged for having the same opinion as fatters.
    Sun shines on a doog's ass every now and then

Alabama Hills. Nice.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785

chuck said:

Furthermore, the offense changed every week to adapt to the opponents and their personnel with different gadget plays and whatnot.
    Lies. The offense was the same shit every game. The only wrinkle was the brilliant addition of the Eason option play at a crucial down. Otherwise it was just as fucktarded as ever regardless of the opponent or our own injuries. See wildcat without Newton.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    LawDawg1 said:

chuck said:

Lies. The offense was the same shit every game. The only wrinkle was the brilliant addition of the Eason option play at a crucial down. Otherwise it was just as fucktarded as ever regardless of the opponent or our own injuries. See wildcat without Newton.

Pretty much this. 90% of whatever UW was running was always too slow-developing and gave defenses ample time to adjust, locate the ball, recover their angles and hold UW to short gains over and over and over. Painful to watch and eventually predictable and not hard to defend.

It's as much a reason for Pete's 8-5 Year 6 as anything.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    LawDawg1 said:

chuck said:

Yep, the offenses complete unwillingness to game plan for opponents weaknesses or even self scout their own based on availability was completely inexcusable. Sark level bullshit.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    dnc said:

LawDawg1 said:

chuck said:

Yep, the offenses complete unwillingness to game plan for opponents weaknesses or even self scout their own based on availability was completely inexcusable. Sark level bullshit.
    Hey sark was better than bush
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

dnc said:

I think he'd be a win.

Flag away.

dnc said:

I think he'd be a win.

Flag away.

Am I the only motherfucker here that doesn’t want to be Boise by the Sea?
    You already are