Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ranking the Charmin soft Pac for each of UW's title seasons (the results may surprise you)

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,049 Founders Club
edited December 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Ranking the Charmin soft PAC during each of Washington's title years. I used a weighted system based on Final AP rankings by PAC teams.

1st: 2016- #3 USC, #12 Stanford, #17 Colorado, #23 Utah

2nd: 2000- #4 OSU; #7 Oregon

3rd tie: 1991- #8 Cal (too high); #19 UCLA; #22 Stanford

3rd tie: 1980- #11 USC; #13 UCLA

3rd tie: 1992- #9 Stanford; #15 WSU

6th: 1977- #13 USC; #15 Stanford

7th: 1981- #16 ASU; #19 USC

8th: 2018- #10 WSU

9th: 1990- #20 USC

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,618 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2019
    2000... I may be wrong on this but my memory is that the three way tiebreaker between UW, UO and OSU was decided by non conference schedule. Since each team was 7-1 and 1-1 against the other 2.
    It then moved to a tiebreaker based on non con record. Oregon had a loss to Wisconsin and then lost it 2-1 vs 3-0 for UW and 2-0/3-0 for OSU (I think they played a 1-AA and that game didn’t count in the evaluation).

Basically all of that to say we had to beat THE U to win the conference.

Edit: https://products.kitsapsun.com/archive/2000/11-10/0040_pac-10_possibilities.html

The Kitsap Sun is my source!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,049 Founders Club
    whlinder said:

2000... I may be wrong on this but my memory is that the three way tiebreaker between UW, UO and OSU was decided by non conference schedule. Since each team was 7-1 and 1-1 against the other 2.
    It then moved to a tiebreaker based on non con record. Oregon had a loss to Wisconsin and then lost it 2-1 vs 3-0 for UW and 2-0/3-0 for OSU (I think they played a 1-AA and that game didn’t count in the evaluation).

Edit: https://products.kitsapsun.com/archive/2000/11-10/0040_pac-10_possibilities.html

Yes. It was a 3 way. We won the tie-breaker.

I want through this exercise, because many here like to say that Pete only won Charmin soft Pac 12's, which isn't entirely true. 2016 had 4 ranked Pac teams vs 2 for the 2000 season. 2018 was soft AF though.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    Don James never had to beat a ranked Colorado or Utah.

Also. 1992 is missing. And our puppy magical lambo lover faux title in 95 is not on there.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,700 Founders Club

Also. 1992 is missing. And our puppy magical lambo lover faux title in 95 is not on there.

Never *could* beat a ranked Colorado. 0 and 2
  • whlinder said:

I thought the tie breaker was the BCS rankings?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    You gotta factor in the non conference for some of those years. In 91, UW went on the road to Nebraska and won. I know this is Pac 10/12, but that’s about as good of a road win that a team can have and there is no natty without it.

Huh? I don't know what you're talking about? I had '92 in there.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter

You’re smart I am stupid

You’re smart I am stupid
    Nope, you're smart and you matter! I just have magic powers is all.

whlinder said:

And all this husky haters saying the OSU was the “real” champion that year. My response was fuck off, they lost in Seattle. Case closed.
    No Natty for you Boov!