Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ryan Day seems ticked off about controversial calls by referees in Ohio State loss

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sounds like he doesn’t speak in hypotheticals, but they were a few plays away from not blowing the game
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Yeah you got screwed by the Refs but you also got outplayed by Dabo. LSU thanks you though because they now know that it's going to be better to keep T-Law in the pocket rather than try to get a "Chase Young like highlight reel" game from their DE losing contain and get gashed by QB runs all game long.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Everything went against the Bucks but Day never should have punted with three minutes left on 4th and 2. Go for it. If you fail they run down and score just like they did anyway when you punted

Rushing the punter and giving 15 yards was stupid.

Day is an assistant until he isn't.

Dobbins left 8 points on the turf with drops.

Heart of a champion by the gangly Clemson QB

I hated the call on the corner back blitz. That was football. Bunch of fags calling shit these days. Changed the game
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Everything went against the Bucks but Day never should have punted with three minutes left on 4th and 2. Go for it. If you fail they run down and score just like they did anyway when you punted

I hated the call on the corner back blitz. That was football. Bunch of fags calling shit these days. Changed the game

Day=helfrich until he isn’t
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,870
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Day=helfrich until he isn’t
    Day is Larry Coker
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Coker got one in the house before he blew it

Ohio State actually was equal or better in talent to Clemson and Day crashed the car into the tree
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,434

Ohio State actually was equal or better in talent to Clemson and Day crashed the car into the tree

Given that he lost in the semis and didn't win a natty, he's attained the rank of Helfrich. There's no way he's Coker or Solich status.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Kiss of death from of death from Herbstreit:

“(Former Miami Hurricanes head coach) Larry Coker and Ryan Day may have something in common; they both followed legends, and those coaches left them a wealth of talent,” he began. “Urban Meyer left the cupboard very full of talent, plus Justin Fields fell in his lap.

“With that being said, I was very impressed with Ryan Day as a play-caller when they played against Penn State a year ago. Now this year, with how he transformed the offense, I think Ryan Day’s one of the premier play-callers in college football.”
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

“(Former Miami Hurricanes head coach) Larry Coker and Ryan Day may have something in common; they both followed legends, and those coaches left them a wealth of talent,” he began. “Urban Meyer left the cupboard very full of talent, plus Justin Fields fell in his lap.

“With that being said, I was very impressed with Ryan Day as a play-caller when they played against Penn State a year ago. Now this year, with how he transformed the offense, I think Ryan Day’s one of the premier play-callers in college football.”

Feel like this is a copy paste from when helfrich called plays vs k state in the fiesta.

Day will do well for 3 years. Once Urbans guys cycle out, will be when he’s really tested
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

Bob_C said:

doesn't Herbie say that about pretty much every coach on whatever game he's covering? How much about Sark being the best playcaller in America did we have to sit through during the Patron Years.
    This is why 99% of commentators and interviews are worthless. It's pure hyperbole.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Only because he had an actual coach playing on the team in Ed Reed.

There were piles of stories of Uncle Fester feeling overwhelmed in Pasadena and talking to his team about "hey guys, this is NEBRASKA", because he coached in the Big 8 and got his shit pushed in by them annually. It was Ed who told his HEAD FUCKING COACH to chill. "We got this. We're at Miami. We know how to beat Nebraska."

Probably the least deserving coach with a ring I can think of.
  • Options
    Founders Club

There were piles of stories of Uncle Fester feeling overwhelmed in Pasadena and talking to his team about "hey guys, this is NEBRASKA", because he coached in the Big 8 and got his shit pushed in by them annually. It was Ed who told his HEAD FUCKING COACH to chill. "We got this. We're at Miami. We know how to beat Nebraska."

Granted I’m not as old as Race, but that 3 year run of talent was incredible and maybe the best ever. Coker could and should have slept walked to 3 titles.

Days Ohio State team last night had more talent than Clemson, team was undisciplined and out coached. Dabo, goofiness aside, is a hell of a coach and his teams bring it when it counts.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,925
    Founders Club

Ryan Day is Larry Coker until he isn't.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

I made my Larry Coker post before I saw this. Oops.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

Bob_C said:

doesn't Herbie say that about pretty much every coach on whatever game he's covering? How much about Sark being the best playcaller in America did we have to sit through during the Patron Years.
    Herbie welcomed UW back to college football after the hiring of Willingham
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Bob_C said:

Granted I’m not as old as Race, but that 3 year run of talent was incredible and maybe the best ever. Coker could and should have slept walked to 3 titles.

Days Ohio State team last night had more talent than Clemson, team was undisciplined and out coached. Dabo, goofiness aside, is a hell of a coach and his teams bring it when it counts.
    I'd say he should have walked to two. The 2000 team had the talent, but it was still a work in process, especially early on (i.e., Husky Stadium). Dorsey was getting his legs under him as a QB, they were still figuring out things in the D backfield (Al Blades was an enforcer and loved to the lay the lumber but was not the player his brother Bennie was against the pass), etc. It was a weird two-season progression: it's hard to believe you're going to get better by losing Dan Morgan, Santana Moss and Damione Lewis, but they did. A lot of that was Dorsey figuring out how to be a QB and finding out what they had in Clinton Portis.
  • Options

Bob_C said:

I'd say he should have walked to two. The 2000 team had the talent, but it was still a work in process, especially early on (i.e., Husky Stadium). Dorsey was getting his legs under him as a QB, they were still figuring out things in the D backfield (Al Blades was an enforcer and loved to the lay the lumber but was not the player his brother Bennie was against the pass), etc. It was a weird two-season progression: it's hard to believe you're going to get better by losing Dan Morgan, Santana Moss and Damione Lewis, but they did. A lot of that was Dorsey figuring out how to be a QB and finding out what they had in Clinton Portis.
    My fav. Quook eDuck talking point is the "we was screwed!!!!" out of the national championship in 2001, as if that Miami team wouldn't have beaten Harrington by 21+