Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen's greatest accomplishment at UW

124»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club

Not getting fucking humiliated in the playoffs by Bama

Oklahoma. Whoa Nellie

Oklahoma makes it every year and loses their first playoff game every year.

We could have given LSU a better game than they did.
    not this year. Our lines would have been blown up PurpleBaze style
    We wouldn’t give up 49 points in a half. We would likely get smoked but not 49-14 by half.
    You don't know that for sure. I can see it happening under the pressure of the big lights
    I didn’t happen in three NY6 games in a row under the big lights. Obviously Pete failed to pass the big game test at UW and he wasn’t “the guy” by his own admission. But from 2016- 19 his teams didn’t get plungered once.
    We only played one BIG-time opponent and that was Bama. If we played this year's Ohio State or Clemson we would have been brutally prison-raped on national TV.
    Disagree. 2017 Penn State was very, very close to being a CFP team. Same with 2018 Ohio State, granted they were flawed compared to this year's squad. Fact of the matter, is that any number of elite to good programs have gotten boat raced in CFP or NY6 games but for some reason Pete's team found ways to avoid the plunger.
    That reason is putting up points in the second half to take the games from obvious plungering to respectable. The very thing some Doog posted in the Quook forum in his P12 Champ. Game prediction. It's that.

In neither the Fiesta or Rose did I ever think Washington would win, even w/ MMG. I thought both Penn State and Ohio State let Washington hang around, and if the stars had aligned properly flirted with being in a position to get burned by pulling a Rip Van Winkle in the second half. In neither game did Washington look ready to be there.
    I believed at times during the Fiesta Bowl. We kept fighting and getting back in that game. I left the Rose Bowl at the end of the 3rd quarter and got on the choo choo back to Downtown LA.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2019

Oklahoma. Whoa Nellie

We wouldn’t give up 49 points in a half. We would likely get smoked but not 49-14 by half.
    You don't know that for sure. I can see it happening under the pressure of the big lights
    I didn’t happen in three NY6 games in a row under the big lights. Obviously Pete failed to pass the big game test at UW and he wasn’t “the guy” by his own admission. But from 2016- 19 his teams didn’t get plungered once.
    Bama and Penn State, I agree with you on.

But Ohio State? They could've hung 50 on UW if they wanted to. They backed way off on the gas and hardly played any starters in the 2nd half.

Sure felt like a plunger up the Dawgs ass in that humiliating first half.
    They might have let up a little, but they couldn’t have hung 50. Why didn’t they?
    Because the starters were playing poker on the bench in the 2nd half.
    They didn’t want the game to get somewhat close at the end. It was never really in doubt but they did need to recover an onside kick to secure the victory.

I don’t remember their starters not playing in the second half. Ohio State played worse in the 2nd half. UW played better. That’s football. Maybe they let up a bit after getting a big lead, but if they could have put up 50, they would have. Some of the shit you guys come up with is so fucking stupid.
    Roady, the game was over by halftime and you're in denial. Doog.
    I never thought we would win. To pretend like OSU could have put up 50, but they stopped trying is really FS. It didn’t come down to an onside kick at the end because Ohio State stopped trying. We converted some 4th downs in the 4th quarter and scored TD’s to make it look closer than it really was. I agree that we were outclassed and dropped an egg in the first half.

We were up 23-0 or something earlier in the year against Stanford. It ended up being somewhat of a nail biter by the end. By your logic we could have won by 35+ but we stopped trying.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,978
    edited December 2019

Oklahoma. Whoa Nellie

But Ohio State? They could've hung 50 on UW if they wanted to. They backed way off on the gas and hardly played any starters in the 2nd half.

They might have let up a little, but they couldn’t have hung 50. Why didn’t they?
    They didn’t want the game to get somewhat close at the end. It was never really in doubt but they did need to recover an onside kick to secure the victory.

I don’t remember their starters not playing in the second half. Ohio State played worse in the 2nd half. UW played better. That’s football. Maybe they let up a bit after getting a big lead, but if they could have put up 50, they would have. Some of the shit you guys come up with is so fucking stupid.
    It's not entirely that simple Roadie. Often tims when a team comes out and meets no resistance, they cool down. It's human nature. The sense of urgency goes out the window. All of sudden it's like Rocky against Apollo Creed. They're like, "shit, these little fuckers are still playing," and they look up and the score is closer. I observe this all the tim. In the 2001 Rose, Miami was literally 5x the team Nebraska was, but scored most of their, what, 37? points in the first half. They just went to sleep in the second. No doubt in my mind whatsoever they could have scored 100 if that was the mission. They didn't have the sense of urgency or grudge to put their foot on their throats. Compare and contrast payback on Washington in the Orange Bowl, when even 3rd string true freshman Frank Gore was gouging the Washington defense. I don't think Nebraska was better than Washington that season; just different game circumstances.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,978

Oklahoma. Whoa Nellie

It's not entirely that simple Roadie. Often tims when a team comes out and meets no resistance, they cool down. It's human nature. The sense of urgency goes out the window. All of sudden it's like Rocky against Apollo Creed. They're like, "shit, these little fuckers are still playing," and they look up and the score is closer. I observe this all the tim. In the 2001 Rose, Miami was literally 5x the team Nebraska was, but scored most of their, what, 37? points in the first half. They just went to sleep in the second. No doubt in my mind whatsoever they could have scored 100 if that was the mission. They didn't have the sense of urgency or grudge to put their foot on their throats. Compare and contrast payback on Washington in the Orange Bowl, when even 3rd string true freshman Frank Gore was gouging the Washington defense. I don't think Nebraska was better than Washington that season; just different game circumstances.
    Btw, goes w/o saying, but I will in case you don't get it: Rick > Pete.

@HuskyJW
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

I said good luck the rest of the way

Did they thank you for being “Nebraska classy?!!”
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,537 Swaye's Wigwam

I left the Rose Bowl at halftime last year in disgust. The Buckeye fans couldn't believe it. I said good luck the rest of the way this is over. I had no interest in our annual lets make it look close

When Rapp's replacement got burned for two touchdowns in the first half I was livid. When the team came out with all the fire of a wet sack of shit I was resigned to the fact that this is Petersen

Quite honestly I don't care if Jimmy is a big gamble. Put me down for a dime on him. Let's see what happens. It could be worse but it wasn't going to be much better anyway

Pete is who we thought he was when he punted against Oregon on 4th and short at the 40

This is also why I'm tired of everyone thanking Pete. Taking us from the Sark years wasn't/isn't that hard in this league. UW gave him everything he needed and more. Left after a 7 win season losing to Shaw, Meat, MWesttingham and Wilcox like a fucking bitch. No wonder Trey and some of these other players quit on the team as well.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,511 Standard Supporter

I left the Rose Bowl at halftime last year in disgust. The Buckeye fans couldn't believe it. I said good luck the rest of the way this is over. I had no interest in our annual lets make it look close

When Rapp's replacement got burned for two touchdowns in the first half I was livid. When the team came out with all the fire of a wet sack of shit I was resigned to the fact that this is Petersen

Quite honestly I don't care if Jimmy is a big gamble. Put me down for a dime on him. Let's see what happens. It could be worse but it wasn't going to be much better anyway

Pete is who we thought he was when he punted against Oregon on 4th and short at the 40

Wait, Rapp missed the Rose Bowl?