Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sankey is 50-50 on his decision

Comments

• Love how you say "except" Stanford. Always there to make excuses for your agenda against Price.

Road Dawg has reached Hugh Millen territory in this thread.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Love how you say "except" Stanford. Always there to make excuses for your agenda against Price.

Road Dawg has reached Hugh Millen territory in this thread.

Wrong, because I always gave Price credit for playing well. When Hugh dismissed his game against Boise State and said "He hasn't led the team to a statement victory" after the Stanford game, I thought it was FS and bashed Hugh over it. I've never said any stupid shit about Russell Wilson either because it is evident he is a very, very good QB.

• UW went 7-6 in 2012, had Price been hurt the whole year UW goes 1-11.

This year I don't know if Miles defeats Arizona or kills Boise State.

UW ran for 500 yards but idiots continue to say Miles won the Oregon State game.

Keep dooging it up and thinking Price is slightly better than Miles right now.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013

UW went 7-6 in 2012, had Price been hurt the whole year UW goes 1-11. They would have surely had a worse record playing with a true freshman, but they would have won more than one. Portland State, Utah, and Colorado for sure, probably Cal.

This year I don't know if Miles defeats Arizona or kills Boise State. We still would have won both. Price was really bad in the first half of Arizona, although he gets a pass because of the weather. The defense and Sankey alone would have won both those games.

UW ran for 500 yards but idiots continue to say Miles won the Oregon State game. Nobody said that.

Your whole post is made up bullshit. You act like Price is a world beater for tearing it up against shitty teams. Yes, he had good stats, but after the 2011 season, outside of a game or two, I never watched and thought, "Wow, this is a great QB." I don't know why we keep having this argument. I was saying it after the Oregon game, and beating up on Cal and Colorado wasn't going to change my mind. Price did not perform well enough against good opponents (all 4 games we lost) to be a great QB. Above average, good, whatever. It's all semantics. In my opinion, we will do just fine without him.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Price is an excellent college QB, who has the misfortune of playing in a conference with great QBs and had the misfortune of playing for a HC would neither recruited nor developed an OL that could protect the QB. You could have put John Elway (or name quality QB) back there the past three years, and the results would not have been much different. Price played injured in various stages all three years, which is partly probably his own body and frame and majorly because of a crappy OL.

To compare him to others, you have to put them behind Washington's weak OL, which only knew how to run block against mid to lower talent teams.

The Stanford game and the Baylor bowl game are somewhat exceptional. It think his overall body of work shows he is a very capable passer and game manager, but rarely was really given time to throw when facing top-25 competition.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

UW went 7-6 in 2012, had Price been hurt the whole year UW goes 1-11.

This year I don't know if Miles defeats Arizona or kills Boise State.

UW ran for 500 yards but idiots continue to say Miles won the Oregon State game.

You're dealing in a lot of hypotheticals.

I think Price was a very good QB, but I also think he's overrated on this bored. His 2011 was great, his 2013 was very good and his 2012 was bad, and even with the dreckfest OL he has to take some of the blame. Overall very good seems pretty fair to me.

I think he's a warrior who plays through pain as well as anyone I've ever seen. He's highly accurate and does as great job of putting the ball where his guy has a chance to make a play.

OTOH, he doesn't see the middle of the field very well and can get rattled pretty easily.

I like the kid a lot, I hope he has a career at the next level. I'm not convinced he's durable enough though. He was hurt most of his career here, I just can't see him holding up in the NFL. Hope I'm wrong.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm with RoadDawg on this one.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My problem with Price was that despite the numbers, he doesn't look comfortable when his first and second options are blanketed, and he no longer has the speed to just book it out of the pocket because of injuries. For fuck's sake, he made WSU's D-line look competent. Miles is not on the same level as Price as a passer, but he doesn't have the nightmares of getting fucked up in 2012 and just looks way more comfortable in the pocket. You have to give him a little credit for his play in the OSU game because he made the plays he was supposed to and didn't shit his pants under pressure. And for me, I admire what Price did for us under a shit coach and state of the program, but that play at the end of the 2012 apple cup was just ball-crushing...
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Price was lights out good in 2011 and we keep forgetting that. He outplayed RGIII. But with the horrific OL in 2012 and his own nightmares, neither his body nor his mind ever fully recovered.

He still is a major record holder for us, so it is hard to argue he is not good.

Husky fans get into weird arguments about QBs sometimes. Our undies are all twisted about guys like Pickett, Locker and Price, all of whom were very good in their own times but did not win as much as they were expected. Winning makes a QB look a lot better.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I like to bash the shit out of a player as if I know what the fuck I'm talking about then talk shit as if I'm his staunchest ally, then hit him like a fucking punching bag again in the same thread. Almost as if I've achieved some unique moral high ground to do so.
  • So after what game next year will Road Dawg turn on Miles and praise the back up cause he lit up Georgia State?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Regarding the Oregon St game & Miles, I think puppysteel could have been the QB and we'd still have won big.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Regarding the Oregon St game & Miles, I think puppysteel could have been the QB and we'd still have won big.

Obilgatory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-_A-lgWCfog
  • So after what game next year will Road Dawg turn on Miles and praise the back up cause he lit up Georgia State?

Agree. I think some Doogs are reading too much into that game.

As for Price in 2012, it's tough when your OL, WR's and head coach suck.

It's not like he forgot how to play after 2011 then remembered again in 2013.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

So after what game next year will Road Dawg turn on Miles and praise the back up cause he lit up Georgia State?

Agree. I think some Doogs are reading too much into that game.

As for Price in 2012, it's tough when your OL, WR's and head coach suck.

It's not like he forgot how to play after 2011 then remembered again in 2013.
    Kent Baer? Is that you?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013
    Price was 2nd in the conference in passer rating. In the next two spots below him were Hogan and Hundley, both within one point of Price. Mannion (another guy like Price who beat up on bad teams, had no running game, spotty OL) and Kelly (easily had a better year than Price) were fairly close behind as well.

In adjusted QBR which factors in running, opponent, getting pressured, accurate throws, down and distance, etc, Price ranked 40th in the country. There were 6 QB's from the Pac 12 ranked in front of him (Mariota, Hundley, Hogan, Kelly, Mannion, Denker). So for every stat you can throw explaining why Price was so great, the advanced metrics show he was pretty average.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/qbr (Here are the total QBR's)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9612585/total-quarterback-rating-college-football (Explains how QBR works)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating (Traditonal Passer Ratings)