Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sankey is 50-50 on his decision

Comments

• Bishop Sankey is Petersen's biggest "OKG" of his career. If Sankey comes back I expect UW to win the conference next year. I also think he'll be our first player since Steve Emtman invited to New York for the Heisman presentation.

Do you think Sankey could have as big of an impact as Corey Dillon in 1996?
    I think bigger since LamboFS didn't start Dillon until game 5(pretty sick to think what his stats could have been if he was a starter game one). Not to mention that team did go 9-3 and I expect worst case scenario 10-3 in the regular season next year.
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Someone tweet this:

51/49.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He might win the damn thing If we don't have too many late games.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Bishop Sankey is Petersen's biggest "OKG" of his career. If Sankey comes back I expect UW to win the conference next year. I also think he'll be our first player since Steve Emtman invited to New York for the Heisman presentation.

I think bigger since LamboFS didn't start Dillon until game 5(pretty sick to think what his stats could have been if he was a starter game one). Not to mention that team did go 9-3 and I expect worst case scenario 10-3 in the regular season next year.
    There is just something about Lambo I don't like aside from the fact he sucked. Fucking AAANDY was intimating if not for blowing the USC game in 95 that Lambo would have had two Rose Bowls (coaching the 2000 team). He fucking cost us 2-3 Rose Bowls in the mid 90s.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    we still will have a mediocre OL next year. More experienced, but not great on talent. And a talented but pretty new QB. Sark had many chances to give Miles experience this year, and did not do it. If ASJ goes, you lose his blocking and capabilities as a threat. People will focus more easily on Sankey. If he can stay healthy, he still will have an awesome year and I would love it. And the schedule points to 10-3 or above, even with some losses to graduation and the NFL.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013
    Global said:

we still will have a mediocre OL next year. More experienced, but not great on talent. And a talented but pretty new QB. Sark had many chances to give Miles experience this year, and did not do it. If ASJ goes, you lose his blocking and capabilities as a threat. People will focus more easily on Sankey. If he can stay healthy, he still will have an awesome year and I would love it. And the schedule points to 10-3 or above, even with some losses to graduation and the NFL.

I'm going to hope that a new coach will help the OL. Cozzetto coaching resume is so fucking spotty after he left ASU in 99. He hasn't done anything of note since then. I doubt Petersen will completely ignore the OL like Sark did either. There is no reason an OL full of guys going into their third year as starters should be anything less than a top 3-4 unit in the conference.

I'm not really worried about QB. I'm confident either Miles or Williams will be good. Price had a good year, but he was a little inconsistent. I don't think Miles was that far behind him this year.

I think the offense will be very good next year. I'm more worried about the defense, particularly the secondary. It's time to have a defense that shows up every game.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bishop Sankey spotted at Seatac Airport......
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Having Sankey would be great for whoever wins the QB battle next year, whether it is Miles, Williams, or this Greene kid we look to be poaching. Bishop will be the focal point of the offense making it much easier for the QB to be successful and gain confidence.
  • poc81poc81 Member Posts: 219
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes

Bishop Sankey is Petersen's biggest "OKG" of his career. If Sankey comes back I expect UW to win the conference next year. I also think he'll be our first player since Steve Emtman invited to New York for the Heisman presentation.

There is just something about Lambo I don't like aside from the fact he sucked. Fucking AAANDY was intimating if not for blowing the USC game in 95 that Lambo would have had two Rose Bowls (coaching the 2000 team). He fucking cost us 2-3 Rose Bowls in the mid 90s.
    Cost us the 1995 season for sure, 1994 should have won the Pac-10 as well(I know wasn't eligible for Rose Bowl). In 1996 unfortunately the Pac-10 championship was the first game of the season so I don't fault him for that(was badly outcoached by Rick in the bowl game).

In 1997 blew a possible national title. That team was probably more talented than any James team minus the 1990-1992 run and was more talented than 2000.

13 fucking guys to the NFL and yet went 8-4.

Nothing gets me going than Lambo revisionist history especially the "That was Lambo's Rose Bowl team". Ummm no he would have fucked it up like he did in 1994, 1995 and 1997.
    SAY IT TO HIS FACE!!!!!!!11!1!1!!!!!11111111
    Swaye's Wigwam

Global said:

I'm going to hope that a new coach will help the OL. Cozzetto coaching resume is so fucking spotty after he left ASU in 99. He hasn't done anything of note since then. I doubt Petersen will completely ignore the OL like Sark did either. There is no reason an OL full of guys going into their third year as starters should be anything less than a top 3-4 unit in the conference.

I'm not really worried about QB. I'm confident either Miles or Williams will be good. Price had a good year, but he was a little inconsistent. I don't think Miles was that far behind him this year.

I think the offense will be very good next year. I'm more worried about the defense, particularly the secondary. It's time to have a defense that shows up every game.

Your agenda against Price is clouding reality. Just like Hugh once you said he's not a good QB in the Pac-12 you have done everything to minimize how good he is and prop up his back ups. Shame on you.

If going 216-330(65.5%) for 2,843 yards(8.6 YPA) with 20 TD's and 5 INT's along with 5 rushing TD's to only one fumble is "inconsistent" then you just thought every UW QB season in history has been "inconsistent".

He played one bad game against ASU where let's be honest he shouldn't have even played. He was hurt and for Sark to have the game plan feature him was fucking stupid. Even the "god" Justin Wilcox gave up over 50 points and had his defense quit on him.

To say Price was inconsistent based on one game where nobody played good is a bit over the top IMO.
    You must have missed where I said he had a good year. Price was slightly better than Miles. There was very little to no drop off when Miles played. Price put up big stats against shitty teams except for Stanford where he played lights out. His Apple Cup was about the emptiest 15-20 game I may have ever seen. He sucked in the first half of that game.

I don't think Price is bad, he's not great either. 3 years starting and not even one 2nd team all conference selection.

• Global said:

Your agenda against Price is clouding reality. Just like Hugh once you said he's not a good QB in the Pac-12 you have done everything to minimize how good he is and prop up his back ups. Shame on you.

If going 216-330(65.5%) for 2,843 yards(8.6 YPA) with 20 TD's and 5 INT's along with 5 rushing TD's to only one fumble is "inconsistent" then you just thought every UW QB season in history has been "inconsistent".

He played one bad game against ASU where let's be honest he shouldn't have even played. He was hurt and for Sark to have the game plan feature him was fucking stupid. Even the "god" Justin Wilcox gave up over 50 points and had his defense quit on him.

To say Price was inconsistent based on one game where nobody played good is a bit over the top IMO.
    You must have missed where I said he had a good year. Price was slightly better than Miles. There was very little to no drop off when Miles played. Price put up big stats against shitty teams except for Stanford where he played lights out. His Apple Cup was about the emptiest 15-20 game I may have ever seen. He sucked in the first half of that game.

I don't think Price is bad, he's not great either. 3 years starting and not even one 2nd team all conference selection.

Miles only action was against an Oregon State team who had quit where UW ran for over 500 yards and Idaho State. I would have loved to seen Miles against Oregon, ASU and Stanford but keep up your anti Price agenda.

Just like Hugh Millen refuse to admit you were wrong about Price.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Global said:

RoadDawg's playing tic tac toe.

Doogity doog.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Maybe RoadDawg feels there won't be that much of a drop off because the offense collectively could be better next season than in 2013.

But Price had an excellent season. 2nd in the conference in passing efficiency. Only 1 fumble the entire year compared to 6-7 last season.
    Anybiddy that talks shit about Price needs to look up the Int records for the last 30 years, and then diaf. Keef kept the team in a lot of games that most UW qbs would've thrown away like so many stupid Jake Locker/Tui/Damon interceptions. Look it up, Tui won the Rose Bowl with almost a 1:1 ratio.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sankey is Chris Polk. He should stay for another Season. I don't want him to. But he should get as much scratch as he can for riding the pine as a 3rd stringer. That would come in the 2015 draft.

Sankey >> Polk. #vision #patience
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013

Global said:

Miles only action was against an Oregon State team who had quit where UW ran for over 500 yards and Idaho State. I would have loved to seen Miles against Oregon, ASU and Stanford but keep up your anti Price agenda.

Just like Hugh Millen refuse to admit you were wrong about Price.
    I said Price was an above average QB after the Oregon game. After that, what did he do? Played like shit against ASU and put up great numbers against Cal and Colorado. Big Fucking deal. He was a reflection of Sark and the whole team. He didn't get any better from when he was a sophomore and he played great against bad teams and like shit against good teams, except for the Stanford game.