Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doognews

Comments

• NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

Dude looks like he's a mattress salesman, not a football coach
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Lashlee is nothing to get excited about. Horrible offense at UConn. Like Teq said, he was the fall guy at Auburn. He’s been very good at SMU, but Sonny Dykes always has good offenses. He’s an average coach, but he knows offense.

2-3 years from now and you can take everything you just wrote and replace with Bush Hamden and likely it will hold true
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Lashlee is nothing to get excited about. Horrible offense at UConn. Like Teq said, he was the fall guy at Auburn. He’s been very good at SMU, but Sonny Dykes always has good offenses. He’s an average coach, but he knows offense.

2-3 years from now and you can take everything you just wrote and replace with Bush Hamden and likely it will hold true
    Bush needs to go lean from a couple different competent offensive coaches.
    edited December 2019

It's the introduction of Air raid concepts to his offense that has me intrigued. Buechele is not an athletic freak but that offense was multifaceted. Dykes has never had an offense that has run for 180 yards a game. UCONN went from 15 -24ppg. If he can get UW from 32-41 that is a big success.
    What concerns me is how much of this year’s success was driven by a high end transfer (who I personally think got a raw deal at Texas) that was able to execute accordingly.

Best case scenario being that he has merged principles from the Gus Bus and Sonny Dykes. Worst case is that he was the caretaker of what they wanted to do.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Tequilla said:

I’m very lukewarm on Rhett Lashlee

His mentor is the Gus Bus ... which during his time there relied on a lot of QB in the run game

When pressure was on Gus, Gus essentially tossed Lashlee to the curb

His time since then has been at UConn for a year and 2 years at SMU

There’s a big question I have to how much of this year’s success is being tied to having a transfer QB from Texas. Massive difference from this year vs last year

Could be a good hire ... but it feels more like trying to cross the fingers for a good hire

Gus Bus like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQKw4Wd8-XI

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Tequilla said:

Bush needs to go lean from a couple different competent offensive coaches.
    Bush might be a WR coach. Matt Ryan had a bad season with him as the QB coach. Some discount NFL success/failure, but I disagree. To some degree, coaching is coaching.
    The reality with coordinators is that you are either hiring someone that was fired (basically being a fall guy) or someone that has some level of being unproven

I get the difference between a full Air Raid and running Air Raid concepts ...

But I also find it amusing this movement to massively simplify ... yet our D historically destroyed passing teams that are massively simplistic ...

Miami is a great example of how crazy hiring an up and coming coordinator can be ... the outgoing OC was a hot commodity 12 months ago ... to say he’s tarnished now is being kind
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,669 Standard Supporter
    If Lashlee was thrown under the bus by Malzone and the fall guy also, would he not be the perfect fit here? This place will shred the guy - it seems that HH and OCs just don't get along very well
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,816 Founders Club
    Miami hired a coordinator that hadn't actually called any plays at Alabama. It was a shot in the dark. When it missed they moved on. Lashlee does have years of actual play calling. Many under Gus Bus and two under a Dyke. I'd kick the tires on that.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Given past history I’d avoid Miami unless they were offering serious coinage. The instability of the Florida schools this last half decade is crazy.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Have these two ever been seen in the same room?

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    LebamDawg said:

If Lashlee was thrown under the bus by Malzone and the fall guy also, would he not be the perfect fit here? This place will shred the guy - it seems that HH and OCs just don't get along very well

Well if we had a good offense it would be different. We will hate him at times no matter what. Race wanted Don James fired. Some here wanted Pete fires and think he was a failure at UW. It is what it is.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited December 2019

LebamDawg said:

Well if we had a good offense it would be different. We will hate him at times no matter what. Race wanted Don James fired. Some here wanted Pete fires and think he was a failure at UW. It is what it is.
    does he have a ring at uw?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    Not to be outdone, Kim is now chiming in saying Kellen Moore is very much in.play and that Jimmy Lake is in no hurry to hire an OC because recruiting is done.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,816 Founders Club

Not to be outdone, Kim is now chiming in saying Kellen Moore is very much in.play and that Jimmy Lake is in no hurry to hire an OC because recruiting is done.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter

Makes me wonder if Rhett got pursued hard by Miami and didn’t want to sign on a contract and jimmy pulled the offer

Or Kim has no idea what the hell is going on.