Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doognews

Aka Fleens is happy

Comments

• BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650

Fleenor is giddy about the idea of getting the Oregon State OC because he is from Walla Walla

Lindgren
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Fleenor is giddy about the idea of getting the Oregon State OC because he is from Walla Walla

Fuck, I'm afraid you're right. Despite all of his donations, the only sources Fleens actually has are from his butt pals in WW. Lindgren is the only one he'd have an inside scoop on...
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Fuck ... Pete hired as OC
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    he's smiling because he finally got the hot dog girl at the turn to talk to him after he tipped her $10.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Fleener made that same post a few times before ("I'm smiling"). He did it before Gilbertson was hired, again during the search that ended up being Ty, and again before they retained Ty at the end of 2007. I began to wonder if there was anything behind it at all other than maybe a satisfying fart

Your gay for knowing that.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    Data Dawg over on bdtw says the job is Rhett's. I'm assuming since the announcement is imminent that "...if he wants it" doesnt follow the above statement
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,584 Founders Club
    Softy is now following Rhett Lashley on the Twatter. Maybe 81% chance now?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I’m very lukewarm on Rhett Lashlee

His mentor is the Gus Bus ... which during his time there relied on a lot of QB in the run game

When pressure was on Gus, Gus essentially tossed Lashlee to the curb

His time since then has been at UConn for a year and 2 years at SMU

There’s a big question I have to how much of this year’s success is being tied to having a transfer QB from Texas. Massive difference from this year vs last year

Could be a good hire ... but it feels more like trying to cross the fingers for a good hire
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    Rhett is fine. He’s been kinda hit or miss but that’s the case with most coordinators.

Should help recruiting in the south one would think.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    We were never going to get the top choice with Texas having an opening. That being said Rhett would be on that next tier after Yurcich.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128

Rhett is fine. He’s been kinda hit or miss but that’s the case with most coordinators.

Should help recruiting in the south one would think.

I'll take Rhett over Chip and they seem like our realistic top 2 . I never think it's good to take a guy who has just been fired from the same position
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Lashlee is nothing to get excited about. Horrible offense at UConn. Like Teq said, he was the fall guy at Auburn. He’s been very good at SMU, but Sonny Dykes always has good offenses. He’s an average coach, but he knows offense.