Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Terry Bradshaw v. The Canes

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
The Independence Bowl. A classic. Always a top non New Year Bowl.

Yes this was the Poulan Weedeater Bowl and your DAWGS did beat Mack Brown Tulane in it

Oregon went 1 and 1. Shitty bowls are not new. Just more of them

Roll Tech

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The Independence Bowl. A classic. Always a top non New Year Bowl.

Yes this was the Poulan Weedeater Bowl and your DAWGS did beat Mack Brown Tulane in it

Oregon went 1 and 1. Shitty bowls are not new. Just more of them

Roll Tech

Yes, not new, but wish there were not so many.

The phrase, "well, we played X bowl teams last season" is utterly meaningless now.

I think if you're under 9 wins you need to call it a season.

Come on Trump. Make the Bowls great again.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What time is the game on? What channel?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Are only walk ons allowed to playin it? Everyone else is saving themselves for the draft?
  • Options

5 Canes sitting out for NFL draft prep

Lot of talent for a 6 and 6 team

Typical Miami team right now.

There are pockets of talent, and some big holes. The O line is all underclassmen. Some talent there, sure, but it's on paper right now. Biggest issue for the Canes. Biggest hole. You can't win w/o an O line. Jarren Williams has an arm and is an athlete with potential at the position. That's a coaching thing. WR talent ... there are some good players there but it's underwhelming IMO. 5 star Mark Pope ... where you at dude?

Quarterman and Pinkney will make a living playing linebacker. Amari Carter will be an NFL safety, and Greg Rousseau will be the next Hurricane star D lineman in the League. Mark it down. I also think Garvin will become a starter in the NFL when they put a little weight on him. Silvera has been serviceable as a true soph but I expected more.

Coaching has been abysmal and the wheels have fallen off the wagon. I'm not even watching the game.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

The Miami program is over.

Even Cristobal isn't interested in that gig. They are in a fertile recruiting area. However, that area is highly competitive, and they have a fan base that has attendance figures that wouldn't even fill 5 full sections.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Even Cristobal isn't interested in that gig. They are in a fertile recruiting area. However, that area is highly competitive, and they have a fan base that has attendance figures that wouldn't even fill 5 full sections.
    Mama is calling and Mario is listening
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

one good coach and it all comes back near instantaneously
    Yep.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Miami getting shutout by Louisiana Tech in the Walk-ons independence bowl is rock bottom stuff.

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Didn't Mario tell mama to go fuck herself last year?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,165
    Founders Club
    If I'm Miami I go after Urban
  • Options
    edited December 2019

No.
  • Options

If I'm Miami I go after Urban

One could only wish.

I don't see it happening.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

You sound concerned.

You have no idea what you're talking about. It's more than just a fertile recruiting area. Miami had tradition and history. It's been done by 4 different coaches since the late 70s. Four different guys have won titles there since 1983.

Yeah it's competitive. Every fertile recruiting ground is competitive. For a good % of those recruits, Miami is where they want to be. And for another %, they can be talked into it by a good recruiter ... like Mario.

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,091
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

No.
    The Oregon "insiders" say otherwise.

I know, I know.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

5 Canes sitting out for NFL draft prep

Lot of talent for a 6 and 6 team

Typical Miami team right now.

There are pockets of talent, and some big holes. The O line is all underclassmen. Some talent there, sure, but it's on paper right now. Biggest issue for the Canes. Biggest hole. You can't win w/o an O line. Jarren Williams has an arm and is an athlete with potential at the position. That's a coaching thing. WR talent ... there are some good players there but it's underwhelming IMO. 5 star Mark Pope ... where you at dude?

Quarterman and Pinkney will make a living playing linebacker. Amari Carter will be an NFL safety, and Greg Rousseau will be the next Hurricane star D lineman in the League. Mark it down. I also think Garvin will become a starter in the NFL when they put a little weight on him. Silvera has been serviceable as a true soph but I expected more.

Coaching has been abysmal and the wheels have fallen off the wagon. I'm not even watching the game.
    Maybe you shouldn’t have hired the DC off a bad team? You did the same with Shannon. Diaz probably isn’t that bad, but still.