Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen's response to comparisons to Don James.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
The "Yogi interview" has already been posted, but this deserves it's own post.

Petersen looking flustered, and searching for the right words: "A little bit embarrassing to compare me to Don James, to be truthful. A lot of work to be done. We’ll see…I mean that’s…uhh…one of the greatest coaches of all time. I mean the things he did with this program, and I’m anxious to get to work…and I’m humbled, and I’ll work my tail off to prove ‘em right."

Comments

• Options
    PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
  • Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 286
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Contrast Petersen's responses with Sark's really cool interviews and kick-ass pressers. Petersen hasn't coached a single game for us yet, but he's already the best coach we've had since Don James.

Thanks again Pat Haden!
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    edited December 2013
    well, well, well! I didn't see THAT!

It figures. What dumber-than-fuck-all asked THAT question?

On a serious note, I think Peete is likely to restore either the Enoch Bagshaw era or James Phelan era, maybe a little bit Darryl Royal. Both are hard nosed coaches with attention to detail. Both have/had a set of arms and legs. The comparisons are compellling.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ARE YOU GOING TO BEAT OREGON

Petersen by now is probably saying to himself "holy shit the Pac 12 and Seattle media is fucking retarded"

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    And the "are you going to allow my limp-wristed, buttsniffing ass access to your program" question.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    You have a 24 hour channel dedicated to a sport that needs about 56 mins of real coverage a day. No reason Pac12 reporters have gone full retard.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Do you think Oregon will win 20 in a row?
    Will you be riding a boat to work?
    Will you be active on your Twitter?
    Do you have any family?
    What is the date of the Spring Game?
    Would you prefer your statue in platinum or in bronze?
  • Options
    It did bother me this year when Sark said he was going to win one more rose bowl, one more national title and coach one more year than James like it was easy.

Sark has always been fake and his twitter "prayers" to the James family after he was sick was a joke. The way he acted at his funeral service was just a slap in the face to the James family and this program.

I liked Petersen's answer and it's true. I don't want to hear about how coach X at UW is the next Don James until he wins a minimum of two Rose Bowls and the Huskies are consistently competing for conference titles four out of five years which is what James was doing.