Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Eason does come back...

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club
He'd be throwing to the likes of Puka and Bynum. It could put him in position to be a top 5 pick in the 2021 draft.

Comments

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    edited December 2019

He'd be throwing to the likes of Puka and Bynum. It could put him in position to be a top 5 pick in the 2021 draft.

You mean throwing to Baccellia and Fuller wasn't ideal?

Not to mention Ty Jones, Marquis Spiker and Austin Osbourne. Finally.

Imagine if Skinny was throwing to Henry Ruggs, Jaylen Waddle, Jerry Jeudy and Devonta Smith... instead he was throwing the ball to 2 midgets with stones for hands who had 0 breakaway speed and absolutely no ability to make a contested catch.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

You mean throwing to Baccellia and Fuller wasn't ideal?

Not to mention Ty Jones, Marquis Spiker and Austin Osbourne. Finally.

Imagine if Skinny was throwing to Henry Ruggs, Jaylen Waddle, Jerry Jeudy and Devonta Smith... instead he was throwing the ball to 2 midgets with stones for hands who had 0 breakaway speed and absolutely no ability to make a contested catch.
    I don't think he'll ever be throwing to Osbourne, too bad really
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Even more importantly he’d be in an offense with a credible chance if not sucking by design
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Word is ty and Osborne are heavily leaning towards leaving
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    FireCohen said:

Word is ty and Osborne are heavily leaning towards leaving

Dont blame Osborne. Puka and Bynum are pretty much inked in starters. Spiker is probably ahead of him, and then you have 3 stud freshmen coming in. What's Ty gonna do though, transfer and sit out another year to play 1? He might as well stick around and then grad transfer. I guess he can always claim he heard a fan make a racial slur and go for the hardship waiver.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Everyone has such high hopes for Osborne because he was a good recruit, but only good relative to the dogshit WR recruiting we had before that.

Puka and all 3 WR’s we signed this year are better prospects than Osborne was. And Spiker/Bynum already beat him out for playing time.

Not all things were meant to be
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    He has a short shelf life and a to take care of his family.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    NEsnake12 said:

Everyone has such high hopes for Osborne because he was a good recruit, but only good relative to the dogshit WR recruiting we had before that.

Puka and all 3 WR’s we signed this year are better prospects than Osborne was. And Spiker/Bynum already beat him out for playing time.

This. While it’s frustrating we didn’t see him and Fuller and Baccallia kept their spots, he wasn’t a 5 star recruit like many make it feel like.

He was a low 4 star. Stuff like this will continue to happen. Hopefully it’s just not shitty players in front of them.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited December 2019

NEsnake12 said:

This. While it’s frustrating we didn’t see him and Fuller and Baccallia kept their spots, he wasn’t a 5 star recruit like many make it feel like.

He was a low 4 star. Stuff like this will continue to happen. Hopefully it’s just not shitty players in front of them.
    He wasn't really a low 4 star, pretty much midrange.

He was a good prospect and someone worth being excited about.

I think it's still way too early to completely right him off, but I feel the same way about Ty.

Look at Bynum, he didn't show anything until the second half of his third year in the program. We have a pretty good track record of the third year in Pete's program being the breakout year for receivers. Jones didn't get the third year because he was hurt, Osbourne didn't hit the third year yet.

LIPO.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I dont' think Gee Scott agrees with this premise
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    How did Ty Jones break his hand? Was it in an off-field incident?

Spiker started flashing in the 2nd half of the season.

The top 3 WRs will be Bynum, Puka, and Spiker. Ty Jones could be a graduate transfer but if I'm Osborne, I stick around to see if I can be the #4 WR as a RS-Soph. Not bad.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter

biak1 said:

This board has a doog boner for Osborne in no small part because of his legendary dad posting here. I admit I hope he stays to get a shot and show what he can do. Assume the new OC will have to re-recruit some guys for this very reason.

The true doog DDY legend is Ty Jones. Like Culp, I’ve seen enough to know he isn’t any damn good, just a physically gifted player who’s soft like Brayden Lenius.

The oft-criticized knock on Ty Jones during his recruitment by guys like Biggins and Huffman was that he should have been better than he was based on his height and speed. He could not get separation from shitty high school dbs and played lazy. That criticism, has strangely continued through his college career.
    His entire film was either being open deep or catching a contested jump ball deep. After him, I’ll never tout a WR that doesn’t make plays with the ball in their hands. You gotta do something after the catch.

The strange thing was, Ty Jones high pointed very few balls even when given the opportunity at UW.
    He has shown some flashes. I think he is better than lenius but the lack of separation is a real problem. He has always been inconsistent and I am not sure football matters to him all that much.

He is not an all conference level player but I think he can be a contributor if he wants to be. Some tbs’rs were irrationally optimistic about him.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

biak1 said:

This board has a doog boner for Osborne in no small part because of his legendary dad posting here. I admit I hope he stays to get a shot and show what he can do. Assume the new OC will have to re-recruit some guys for this very reason.

The true doog DDY legend is Ty Jones. Like Culp, I’ve seen enough to know he isn’t any damn good, just a physically gifted player who’s soft like Brayden Lenius.

The oft-criticized knock on Ty Jones during his recruitment by guys like Biggins and Huffman was that he should have been better than he was based on his height and speed. He could not get separation from shitty high school dbs and played lazy. That criticism, has strangely continued through his college career.
    His entire film was either being open deep or catching a contested jump ball deep. After him, I’ll never tout a WR that doesn’t make plays with the ball in their hands. You gotta do something after the catch.

The strange thing was, Ty Jones high pointed very few balls even when given the opportunity at UW.
    He has shown some flashes. I think he is better than lenius but the lack of separation is a real problem. He has always been inconsistent and I am not sure football matters to him all that much.

He is not an all conference level player but I think he can be a contributor if he wants to be. Some tbs’rs were irrationally optimistic about him.
    I liked him a lot myself until I actually watched him play for UW. He’s soft and you’re right, he doesn’t get much separation.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Meek said:

I dont' think Gee Scott agrees with this premise

W/respect?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,946 Swaye's Wigwam

biak1 said:

Same here. Yards after the catch are critical in my view. If catching the ball and getting tackled were enough on their own, WSU would win the apple cup every year.

As for Osborne...hes a big receiver with pretty good speed and great feet. His HS highlights were impressive.

The receivers all get to start with a clean slate now, I think. Osborne isn't out of it unless he has already committed to a couch sale.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

He has a short shelf life and a to take care of his family.

Think Jake Heaps?