Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

He’s definitely a specimen. What’s kept him off the field?
    Nothing, he was only a RS Freshman last year. He's not as versatile as Mele or Curne so they got more opportunities
    What makes a 6’6” 355 freak less versatile? He looks like Tarzan. Washington and Oregon olines are going to bend teams over.
    He looks great, but let’s face it, there aren’t a ton of good 355 pound OL. It’s heavy. You gotta be able to move. Not saying Ale can’t, but he’s not going to be good simply because he’s big.
    I was wondering if there were reports of him being stiff. Kid looks athletic.

Nah. Honestly no bad reports. Typically reports are that he destroys people if he can get his hands on them. So run blocking huge plus, pass blocking needs work. Nothing has kept him off the field besides being just a True Frosh and then the next seasons RS Frosh with a bunch of upper classmen ahead of him that were already starters.

He’s a guard for sure, and had a Junior in Wattenburg in front of him at LG (Ale’s likely position) and a RS Sophomore in Kirkland who was All Conference in front of him at RG. Then seniors at LT, C, and RT which are not his natural position anyway.

Penei is a freak of nature who could dominate from day 1. So you’ve been spoiled. Most offensive linemen need time to cook before they hit the starting lineup. The only one UW has that has a chance to play and play well as a Freshman is Murao at Center in my humble opinion.
    Looks like Denis has a legit shot at starting this year for Oregon.
    Which he might, though that’s a completely different scenario than what I just laid out, since Oregon is replacing all 5 positions without incumbent starters.
    He would be beating out Forsyth and Poutasi. Forsyth, in particular, is a redshirt junior and was the first to rotate in after the 6 seniors last year. Mirabal really likes Denis.

As I said, no incumbent starters. You consistently bitch that no one gives you analysis to your simple questions about the UW roster. So I decided to engage. I should have known it would turn to a Quook fest about how good Oregon’s freshman are.

You asked how a guy that looks like Ale hasn’t started and I mentioned he was a RS Freshman behind 3 senior starters, a RS Junior starter, and a RS Sophomore starter who was all conference. But you have to turn it to how Oregon’s freshman could do it. You know, you’re right. Denis likely beating out the 7th rotational guy from last year’s team is a fine accomplishment.

I’ve learned my lesson not to engage. Good luck the rest of the way.
    Are you serious? I don’t consistently bitch about anything on this bored.

I was actually curious about Ale and what was holding him back. You mentioned older players in front of him. I didn’t predetermine your response. I didn’t ask in order to pimp Oregon. Had you said he needed to reshape his body or get the mental aspect down, it would’ve been the end.

I am sorry but UW’s oline last year had some cracks that a really good underclassmen should have broken.

I also don’t think Forsyth is a bad option. He may still end up with the job.

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,113
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Nothing, he was only a RS Freshman last year. He's not as versatile as Mele or Curne so they got more opportunities
    What makes a 6’6” 355 freak less versatile? He looks like Tarzan. Washington and Oregon olines are going to bend teams over.
    He looks great, but let’s face it, there aren’t a ton of good 355 pound OL. It’s heavy. You gotta be able to move. Not saying Ale can’t, but he’s not going to be good simply because he’s big.

Nah. Honestly no bad reports. Typically reports are that he destroys people if he can get his hands on them. So run blocking huge plus, pass blocking needs work. Nothing has kept him off the field besides being just a True Frosh and then the next seasons RS Frosh with a bunch of upper classmen ahead of him that were already starters.

He’s a guard for sure, and had a Junior in Wattenburg in front of him at LG (Ale’s likely position) and a RS Sophomore in Kirkland who was All Conference in front of him at RG. Then seniors at LT, C, and RT which are not his natural position anyway.

Penei is a freak of nature who could dominate from day 1. So you’ve been spoiled. Most offensive linemen need time to cook before they hit the starting lineup. The only one UW has that has a chance to play and play well as a Freshman is Murao at Center in my humble opinion.
    Which he might, though that’s a completely different scenario than what I just laid out, since Oregon is replacing all 5 positions without incumbent starters.
    He would be beating out Forsyth and Poutasi. Forsyth, in particular, is a redshirt junior and was the first to rotate in after the 6 seniors last year. Mirabal really likes Denis.

As I said, no incumbent starters. You consistently bitch that no one gives you analysis to your simple questions about the UW roster. So I decided to engage. I should have known it would turn to a Quook fest about how good Oregon’s freshman are.

You asked how a guy that looks like Ale hasn’t started and I mentioned he was a RS Freshman behind 3 senior starters, a RS Junior starter, and a RS Sophomore starter who was all conference. But you have to turn it to how Oregon’s freshman could do it. You know, you’re right. Denis likely beating out the 7th rotational guy from last year’s team is a fine accomplishment.

I was actually curious about Ale and what was holding him back. You mentioned older players in front of him. I didn’t predetermine your response. I didn’t ask in order to pimp Oregon. Had you said he needed to reshape his body or get the mental aspect down, it would’ve been the end.

I am sorry but UW’s oline last year had some cracks that a really good underclassmen should have broken.

The biggest working assumption around here is that Pete was loyal to his system (including seniority and try-hardness) to a fault...which cratered last season.

Ergo, the fact that Ale wasn’t able to exploit some “cracks” doesn’t mean much to this group.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

When are you scheduled to get covid?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

The biggest working assumption around here is that Pete was loyal to his system (including seniority and try-hardness) to a fault...which cratered last season.

Ergo, the fact that Ale wasn’t able to exploit some “cracks” doesn’t mean much to this group.
    Ed sat on the bench for 8 weeks even though he was clearly better than manu so not sure what other pruff do you beed
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gotcha. So, it’s tough to assess what’s really holding a player back.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,113
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gotcha. So, it’s tough to assess what’s really holding a player back.
    No more Pete. The best should actually play now. If our best WRs and ILBs played all last year we would’ve been at least 10-2.

• Options
    chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Ale was always a project. He wasn't highly rated. He was just a huge guy and decent athlete who was exoected to be a factor in about year three. Its year three now and he's a factor. There is no reason to assume anything is holding him back, but its an expressed assumption in each of your posts.

Eliminate that assumption, stop passive aggressively implying that he's behind Oregon's young OL, and the lack of negative responses might surprise you.
    You’re reading way too much in my assumptions. Lack of refinement in high school is a valid reason.

Jonah Tauanu’u not in the mix is concerning for me. Randazzo can’t stay healthy and I am not sure Jaramillo has the talent.

Trust me. I have said on this board that OL is a huge question mark. Do I think that means Denis is getting the nod because we don’t have good options. No.

Both can be true.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

All you do is bitch
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Someone on dawgman says they have a source in the program saying Puka is injured again. Hopefully they are full of shit

No one does this shit better than @DefinitelyNotCoker
    Thank fucking God. That kid is a straight baller. He played so little last season before getting hurt but was an instant difference maker. Not only is he immensely talented, but he knows he’s better than whoever he’s against and wants to destroy them then gloat. I love this kid.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    He looked like the best WR in the league when he played last year. A dominant talent.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So, a grinding offense?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    edited October 2020
    dflea said:

So, a Grindr offense?

John Don sightings on Capitol Hill abound.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:
    Pretty strong coach speak from an assistant RB coach