Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

These last 2 seasons have taught me, you can’t have a weak link or two on defense even if they’re surrounded by good players. Stanford just attacked the shit out of Sirmon/Bronson all gayme.

Bronson has been a weak spot. I didn't expect him to play so much, but I still expected him to play better.

Your guy Ryan Bowman was a big loss. Him lining up with Tuli and Taimani
    Doogles said:

FTR I actually think Garbers will be good and has higher upside than Morris.

Morris displayed the intangible shit that 90% of all QBs lack (regardless of ranking, hence so many busts).

Exceptional feel in the pocket -DOESN'T TAKE SACKS AND KILL DRIVES
    Clutch on 3rd down - KEEPS DRIVES ALIVE
    Clutch in 2 minute - WINS GAMES
    Teammates love him- MAKES TEAM BETTER
    Doesn't turn ball over- DOESN'T KILL HIMSELF IN THE FOOT

You have a guy checking the boxes on things you can't teach.

Maybe Garbers has it too(against the odds), plus a better deep ball, but he's not getting a chance to prove it at Washington.

Pretty disappointing to me. I like Garbers a lot. He throws well enough but I like him more for his overall game. Even if his passing were not up to starter standards he would have made a good backup.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know we're ruined by Browning and shit but when I see a qb throw it on the run as well as Morris did this year Is rather just go with that unless Sam shows in practice that he cannot be kept off the field. Morris deserves another season.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Disappointing. One injury and you’re starting and can run away with it. Look at Slovis after Daniels got hurt.

Also, it’s weird because coming into the program he knew he’d have to compete and knew Sam was committed and that Morris was already here, along with Sirmon at the time.

From Vorel:

Huard — a five-star standout and the No. 1 pro-style quarterback in the 2021 class, per 247Sports — was already committed when Garbers made his UW pledge as well. And, at the time, the extra quarterback company didn’t appear to concern the Corona Del Mar quarterback.

“Anywhere you go there’s going to be competition,” Garbers told The Times after committing. “I was never brought up to run away from competition. You’ve got to embrace it. It brings out the best in you. I feel like I thrive in competitive situations, and I’m just ready to compete.”

One year later he’s out.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Disappointing. One injury and you’re starting and can run away with it. Look at Slovis after Daniels got hurt.

Also, it’s weird because coming into the program he knew he’d have to compete and knew Sam was committed and that Morris was already here, along with Sirmon at the time.

From Vorel:

Huard — a five-star standout and the No. 1 pro-style quarterback in the 2021 class, per 247Sports — was already committed when Garbers made his UW pledge as well. And, at the time, the extra quarterback company didn’t appear to concern the Corona Del Mar quarterback.

“Anywhere you go there’s going to be competition,” Garbers told The Times after committing. “I was never brought up to run away from competition. You’ve got to embrace it. It brings out the best in you. I feel like I thrive in competitive situations, and I’m just ready to compete.”

One year later he’s out.
    He helped us land Redman, who is hopefully worth a shit, he has successfully served his purpose. If he is too stupid to have seen the writing on the wall before he came here, dunno why we want him, anyways.

Surely they'll scholarship some fucktard from Mercer Island in his absence, but good riddance.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2021 should be special. The OL is already pretty good.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

10/11 starters back on O, 9/11 back on D

Has Molden officially said he's gone yet?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

The OL was ok at pass blocking but propped up a lot by Otton and Pleasant being ELITE pass blockers.

They were fucking garbage against shitty covid riddled DLs they should have easily dominated in the run.

The OL was very average this year... and was downright bad at times... way overrated...

Not saying they cant be good, dont twist, but they had a lot of finesse pussy play during the fake season.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

NEsnake12 said:

BigErn STOp
    I'm genuinely asking. I don't know the answer.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

chuck said:

The OL was ok at pass blocking but propped up a lot by Otton and Pleasant being ELITE pass blockers.

They were fucking garbage against shitty covid riddled DLs they should have easily dominated in the run.

The OL was very average this year... and was downright bad at times... way overrated...

Not saying they cant be good, dont twist, but they had a lot of finesse pussy play during the fake season.
    Disagree. I thought they were pretty good pass blocking. Although we rarely pass. Morris got rid of the ball quick which helps but their blitz pick up was way better this year.

Running they were not good against teams with a pulse. The scheme was so perplexing though I think they could have been put in a better position. Also, our running backs are not good. Avg at best.
  • Options
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

Yes he did awhile back
    Thanks. I checked out after the championship game debacle.