Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Thrilled to be reminded we got 2 more seasons after this one at $875k per with Don Juanovan.
    He is doing better than every defensive coach hth
    And I'd have no problem with any/every coach other than Kwat, Huff, and Cato getting axed. These guaranteed contracts make that substantially more difficult.
    Why Huff? The line hasnt proven it against any team worth a shit. Ever
    Like the Arizona game? Faggy wink.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sunlight is the best disinfectant, and those two teams all of it.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Btw, I think script says we(?) win Saturday. Also says we(!) will overreact to that.

Does anybody know the availability of injured/covid players?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Donovan could be better, but the offense has been better than expected this season.

We expected the defense to be good and it’s not. Yesterday was the worst defensive performance I’ve seen in years. The front 7 besides Ulo and ZTF (he played terrible yesterday) is genuinely bad.

The preseason hype was we could be pretty good with the #1 defense and even a middle tier offense. We have a middle tier offense and a middle tier defense. Not going to work.

For a freshman QB with jag’s at RB, we aren’t bad on offense, especially considering Donovan’s track record.
    If we are going to play two deep safeties on 3rd and manageable we may as well try and jump the predictable in breaking routes at the sticks. We didn’t do that until the freaking 4th quarter.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

Donovan could be better, but the offense has been better than expected this season.

We expected the defense to be good and it’s not. Yesterday was the worst defensive performance I’ve seen in years. The front 7 besides Ulo and ZTF (he played terrible yesterday) is genuinely bad.

The preseason hype was we could be pretty good with the #1 defense and even a middle tier offense. We have a middle tier offense and a middle tier defense. Not going to work.

For a freshman QB with jag’s at RB, we aren’t bad on offense, especially considering Donovan’s track record.
    People forget that UW and Donovans offense put up 26 points, 19 first downs, went 6/10 on third down on only 57 total plays AND had a higher yards per play than Stanford did just last week.

Its pretty average and has some obvious problems, but its not THE problem.
    The main problem with the offense is we don’t throw the ball until we get down big/2nd half.
    And these dickheads keep dropping the football.

But, if you look at next years WRs, we might have the most talent in the nation. Seriously. Well, at least close. Puka, Jalen, Rome, Bynum, that's a killer lineup.

Throw the Damn Ball
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

People forget that UW and Donovans offense put up 26 points, 19 first downs, went 6/10 on third down on only 57 total plays AND had a higher yards per play than Stanford did just last week.

The main problem with the offense is we don’t throw the ball until we get down big/2nd half.

But, if you look at next years WRs, we might have the most talent in the nation. Seriously. Well, at least close. Puka, Jalen, Rome, Bynum, that's a killer lineup.

Throw the Damn Ball
    Your receivers have made a lot of catches they shouldn’t too. At some point you have to question his ball placement, which is erratic. To me it looks like his mechanics are not consistent. Also, imagine your offense as a throw first offense. You don’t think being down 21 affects the play of the defense?

At least Morris doesn’t play scared. He’s got that going for him.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

Houhusky said:

Throw the Damn Ball
    Your receivers have made a lot of catches they shouldn’t too. At some point you have to question his ball placement, which is erratic. To me it looks like his mechanics are not consistent. Also, imagine your offense as a throw first offense. You don’t think being down 21 affects the play of the defense?

He doesn’t spin it.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Throw the fucking football.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

Houhusky said:

Throw the Damn Ball

They've dropped more they should have caught than the few grabs they've made that they shouldn't. Quite a few more.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,689
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

This board is salty as fuck lately. A poster simply states what he saw in a browsed article, reports a statement from a coach, and gets attacked for the facts not adding up. JFC.

ZTF is big and fast. Is that OK to say or do I need to make sure my reference materials are all in order?

Certain people deserve the saltiness
    I like to baselessly attack people for innocuous things because of something they said on a completely unrelated topic.

chuck said:

This board is salty as fuck lately. A poster simply states what he saw in a browsed article, reports a statement from a coach, and gets attacked for the facts not adding up. JFC.

ZTF is big and fast. Is that OK to say or do I need to make sure my reference materials are all in order?

Certain people deserve the saltiness
    BTP was being ridonckulous over the Sirmon-Morris topic pre-season. I got salty with him about it. Beyond salty even.

However, I like to

The front seven is the problem. I dont quite get it. I
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

Houhusky said:

Throw the Damn Ball

They've dropped more they should have caught than the few grabs they've made that they shouldn't. Quite a few more.

Rather easily.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The biggest issue with the offense is Morris. He does some things well, but his accuracy is fucking atrocious. Every completed deep pass is due to a circus catch. I think he has yet to hit a receiver in stride this season. That said, the run blocking has been average at best, and the RBs are definitely below average. Boner has got to go. Adams and Huff still have something to prove, but their units look like they might be getting better. QB is still an issue. Sure Morris is a freshman, but inaccurate QBs usually remain that way. I think he just doesn't have that much of an arm, and just puts everything he has into every throw.