Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bush-Whacked

13»

Comments

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

Well Chip Long was OC and TE coach at ND. Just saying.

Chip Long seems to be a good fit: OC/TE coach; coached in the Pac12 at ASU from 2012-2015, so he is familiar with the conference and recruiting landscape; 2018 Broyles award finalist.

Brian Kelly is an SOB, so him running Long outta ND does not bother me.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Gregory? If he stays I'm completely bemused buying some napalm.

Save the money. We'll wait for Gregory to call an Uber and send in @PurpleBaze

Stalin???? Where is the censorship? I thought no calls for death to coaches
    Oh yeah... & for everyone to think that I'm an Uber-driving suicide bomber is just fine.
    You aren't?! Big if true.
    I thought he was
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Love that the timing is Day 1 of the OFFICIAL Jimmy Lake era
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Not sure why this matters. He’s said all along he would make moves after the bowl game.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Kirby Moore and Chip Long would be my guesses
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Not sure why this matters. He’s said all along he would make moves after the bowl game.
    Because it shows decisiveness and a keen awareness from the inside that the problems match what has been discussed on the outside

Pete valued continuity and loyalty ... at times to the point that a strength could be a weakness

If Jimmy can take the best of Pete and merge it with the ruthlessness that exists at the top end of CFP ... we’re in for a great ride
    Additionally it shows he has been focusing his efforts so far on the most important problems. Not to be pedantic, but that is an important key coupled with what you said.
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2019
    Chip Long and a former UW player who I won't name, but his name rhymes with Muiossosopo.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Beno4Life said:

Good start.

Why wouldn’t he have announced the Gregory firing as well?

Doubt it happens. They have had a lot of success together.
    This. If it was going to happen, it would have happened today.
    Completely incorrect. They're only doing this if/when they have the replacement lined up and ready to go.
    Are you saying bush and Paopao’s replacements are tanned, rested, and ready?
    I'm guessing we have our guy and they're verballed but are still deep in negotiating
    I'm hearing it's just down to finding him a house on Lake Washington with a dock and boat lift.

That fucker better not buy Peterman's boat. We had an agreement in principle.

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Chip Long and a former UW player who I won't name, but his name rhymes with Muiossosopo.

I would LOVE for UW to find Tui a non-coaching position in the AD. PR or sales, something he can manage. Easily one of the most popular Huskies ever being employed by Cal is a bummer, and him leaving for SC has always left a bad taste in my mouth.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Because it shows decisiveness and a keen awareness from the inside that the problems match what has been discussed on the outside

Pete valued continuity and loyalty ... at times to the point that a strength could be a weakness

If Jimmy can take the best of Pete and merge it with the ruthlessness that exists at the top end of CFP ... we’re in for a great ride
    We all knew it was coming. Bush wasn’t going to keep his job no matter who the head coach was. I’m not gonna give Lake props because he did it today.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'll buy all of this if he lets go Gregory. Bush was an obvious axe. PooPao not as much, but even Pete was done with him.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

digits said:

whuggy said:

Well Chip Long was OC and TE coach at ND. Just saying.

Chip Long seems to be a good fit: OC/TE coach; coached in the Pac12 at ASU from 2012-2015, so he is familiar with the conference and recruiting landscape; 2018 Broyles award finalist.

Brian Kelly is an SOB, so him running Long outta ND does not bother me.
    My local Doomer source thinks he wasn't the problem at ND, but that he and Brian Kelly had fundamental issues. He also had issues with Brian Kelly.
    He should. Brian Kelly murdered a guy. @Baseman
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019

Sonics said on bdtw that Tui's name is coming up for the TE coach position.

He also added that hiring Tui would be "underwhelming".

I kind of agree. The guy once seemed to be a rising star in terms of young coaches. Hes now just kind of a stagnant veteran

The new oc should be signing off on anything with the offense so I think it would be weird that we hear about tui but the oc positikn seems wide open.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sonics said on bdtw that Tui's name is coming up for the TE coach position.

He also added that hiring Tui would be "underwhelming".

I kind of agree. The guy once seemed to be a rising star in terms of young coaches. Hes now just kind of a stagnant veteran

The new oc should be signing off on anything with the offense so I think it would be weird that we hear about tui but the oc positikn seems wide open.
    Yeah the only way that makes sense to me is if he's a match for someone they're looking at for OC.