Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete to USC

Would be hilarious 😂

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    He might win a natty there and bring this conference some PRIDE
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,350 Swaye's Wigwam
    Why would he take a step down?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

His name will be attached to every big opening from now on. USC will be one of them. Eventually he is taking another job.

This.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,816 Founders Club
    I don't know man. He looks like UW aged him about 15 years in his six year stint. Not sure he can take the big time. Maybe something smaller and more pure? Montana maybe?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I don't know man. He looks like UW aged him about 15 years in his six year stint. Not sure he can take the big time. Maybe something smaller and more pure? Montana maybe?

He hates recruiting. USC recruits itself
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

I get that. But he was burnt at Boise and recruiting there was more his speed. Talent eval. and development. He was still crispy when he left there. Six years here and he almost looks dead. I think he likes mentoring more than coaching these days. Maybe you're right, but if you can't enjoy the game prep and winning is more a relief than a joy then you get the fuck out and stay out. The pressures of winning at USC would make him look like Bill Snyder in four years.
    I agree with most of this. But the part in bold.... Clay Helton is still fucking there. What pressure?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788

Clay Helton thought so
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,816 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

I get that. But he was burnt at Boise and recruiting there was more his speed. Talent eval. and development. He was still crispy when he left there. Six years here and he almost looks dead. I think he likes mentoring more than coaching these days. Maybe you're right, but if you can't enjoy the game prep and winning is more a relief than a joy then you get the fuck out and stay out. The pressures of winning at USC would make him look like Bill Snyder in four years.
    I agree with most of this. But the part in bold.... Clay Helton is still fucking there. What pressure?
    Fair poont. There is no pressure to win now because Clay Helton. If they hired Peterman? Me is thinks they would want winning. Now. Also, how would Troy react to Petes first too years of culture change. He would rather loose games than cater to ego. I'm standing by my insertion that the USC job might kill him if he took it.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

Fair poont. There is no pressure to win now because Clay Helton. If they hired Peterman? Me is thinks they would want winning. Now. Also, how would Troy react to Petes first too years of culture change. He would rather loose games than cater to ego. I'm standing by my insertion that the USC job might kill him if he took it.
    Yes that part I totally agree with. Rumor is, he turned down the USC job just before Sark took it. He'd never survive in a big city. I was more taking a shot at the fucktardedness that is USC right now. Haha
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    One positive is that he could ensure that USC maintains its historic really really respeck of Washington, which would make @YellowSnow happy row boat boy.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,216
    He is not coaching again, IMO.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,048 Founders Club

One positive is that he could ensure that USC maintains its historic really really respeck of Washington, which would make @YellowSnow happy row boat boy.

All hope is now lost Creep. The greasy Cuban is the real dealio and will make Oregon the REAL number 2.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

All hope is now lost Creep. The greasy Cuban is the real dealio and will make Oregon the REAL number 2.
    Imagine caring about this. Oh wait, I'm in Seattle and forgot.

Carry on.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,480
    Please refer to the 2013 CBS Sports interview with Bruce Feldman. Petersen sounds miserable being a HC, and he's said as much in the last few weeks. I'm not quite sure why that's so difficult for people to believe.

As far as USC is concerned, I don't know what would persuade him to take that job, if it opens in the future: I'd imagine he's financially set for the rest of his life, he's already turned them down once, he hates the media (LA media>SEA media), and there is always pressure at USC to win. Always. If Folt is not careful, she's gonna canned over this. Petersen wouldn't last one season at USC.

If he does decide to coach again, I could see it at an FCS school. I think @CirrhosisDawg hits the nail on the head here:

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Pete ain't going to USC. He hates the media and all the big boi "vultures" and marketing required.

If he coaches I'd expect a G5 program again or someplace like Iowa where people care about football but the media microscope isn't so big.

Disagree. He’ll want the big lights when it’s time. He’s not going back to getting paid 1.5 million and coaching at a Boise level school.