Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Yogi Roff's interview with Petersen

TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,841 Swaye's Wigwam
pac-12.com/videos/interview-chris-petersen-one-one-yogi-roth

From the Pac Nets: Petersen didn't slap little Yogi silly when he called him a philosophy major, but other than that disappointing moment, this is a good 10 minutes.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Does Yogi talk about how awesomely awesome all the awesome things are?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter
    Will Pete allow Roth to catch fade routes from Siler Myles next year for a feature story?//?/? I am really worried he is not going to allow full blown access to the media that recruits crave.
  • Fuuuuuuuuuuuck yogi roth
    Check out his kick ass interview with Sark
    http://pac-12.com/videos/interview-usc-football-steve-sarkisian-yogi-roth
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    edited December 2013
    I watched the petersen interview and walked in the other room only to hear sark's voice talking about what a cool opportunity he has, blah blah. For some reason I watched the rest of the interview and was more glad than ever that we hit the lottery by him leaving. Such an immature little punk. Comes off as clueless and completely disingenuous. It's too bad doogs like Softy just now got the 'courage' to take shots at him, instead of using his audience to speak out while he was here. If he really cared about the good of the program over maintaining the status quo, he would say what he really thinks. Too bad he's a pussy.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

I actually find Petersen more interesting with the media than Sark. Most lemmings like Sark more because he is exciting. Although I don't like interviews when it's obvious the guy is feeding you bull shit which is what Sark always did.

While Petersen actually appears genuine in his interviews, very well spoken and thoughtful. I liked how he appears to actually appreciate this job and looks at Washington as one of the best schools in the nation in football and academically while Sarkisian never did that.

I couldn't take Sark's interviews why I rarely if ever listen unless he said something dumb then I'd check it out.

While with Petersen I can find myself listening to a lot of his interviews.

Did you also notice how he tried to oversell how he turned around our program and how bad of shape it was in? (we already know the NFL players on the team and it really wasn't 0-12 talent). But he lied and said UW hadn't been to a bowl game in ten years because he knew he could get away with it (Yogi's a pussy and wouldn't dare call him out).
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Jesus fucking christ - Yogi is such a putz
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,063
    I think Sark meant to say that UW hasn't been to a real bowl game in 10 years...
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Yogi and Sark are buddies. All of us need friends in our lives who are our friends without question. Sark is going to need Yogi now. Sark did stabalize the program and left it at the right time for a true leader to take it to the next level.

Look ahead, gentlemen.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    When Sark first got here he said "it won't take very long." But five years later UW was one of the worst coaching situations in the history of college football.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Sark was pretty much finger banging himself the entire time in that interview. Talking about what he did at Washington bringing a program up from 0-12.

He is your typical used car salesman. Puts on a pretty genuine poker face but just spews BS out of his mouth the entire time.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    The more I learn of Petersen, the more optimistic I become. The differences between Petersen and Sarkisian are like night and day. I especially liked how Petersen replied to being compared to Don James. Genuine respect and humility with an appreciation for the expectations to excel at UW. I think Petersen is ready for the challenge.

Sarkisian was and remains a fraud. So happy he is gone. If the media want to laud him for his so called accomplishments at UW, fine. We are going to enjoy the last laugh when Petersen restores the program to the excellent legacy not enjoyed since James resigned.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Try to remember that Sark WANTED to hire Yogi Roth as his QB coach.... Good, Jake.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

Try to remember that Sark WANTED to hire Yogi Roth as his QB coach.... Good, Jake.

That would have been super cool.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Totally awesome, imagine those two at Joey
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502
    Yogi is a fuggin dork. I liked to hear what Petersen had to say though.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,562 Founders Club
    brchco12 said:

and watched Sark's interview

1. Yogi's alright as a Ryan Seacrest softball interview looser, he has no business coaching, but this job suits him.

2. Sark looks like he's drowing, eyes glassed over, he seems more uncomfortable there than he appeared at UW which is shocking. The body language tells me he got nudged out of Seattle, he doesn't seem proud and confident. He seems like he's 100% in spin mode trying to justify UW as a success, the USC job as plausible and logical, yet set himself up for excuses when they under-perform. Why the fuck keep talking about UW? if he was a real coach he'd have left in a hurry like this and never talk about UW again, new chapter, new job, new goals.

cliff notes: Sark is fucked, USC is fucked

Watching the presser he was way less enthusiastic. Good salesmen can read people, it was an awkward room, and I think Sark felt it.

The shroud over his mediocrity will be removed at SC. He needs to be Pete 2.0, and he knows he isn't.

Overwhelmed is the word that comes to mind. If he doesn't sniff a rose bowl by year 2, get your popcorn out.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Doogles said:

brchco12 said:

and watched Sark's interview

1. Yogi's alright as a Ryan Seacrest softball interview looser, he has no business coaching, but this job suits him.

2. Sark looks like he's drowing, eyes glassed over, he seems more uncomfortable there than he appeared at UW which is shocking. The body language tells me he got nudged out of Seattle, he doesn't seem proud and confident. He seems like he's 100% in spin mode trying to justify UW as a success, the USC job as plausible and logical, yet set himself up for excuses when they under-perform. Why the fuck keep talking about UW? if he was a real coach he'd have left in a hurry like this and never talk about UW again, new chapter, new job, new goals.

cliff notes: Sark is fucked, USC is fucked

Watching the presser he was way less enthusiastic. Good salesmen can read people, it was an awkward room, and I think Sark felt it.

The shroud over his mediocrity will be removed at SC. He needs to be Pete 2.0, and he knows he isn't.

Overwhelmed is the word that comes to mind. If he doesn't sniff a rose bowl by year 2, get your popcorn out.
    popcorn's already out.... we'll be shouting for an encore in 2 years if the script is true