Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

On that Clemson path

Comments

• sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    Compare the talent in the south to the west, that's why we will never be Clemson.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Compare the talent in the south to the west, that's why we will never be Clemson.

There is no reason we can’t have top 10 classes, but there are so many more players to pull in the South than the West Coast. It’s not an excuse, it’s a reality.
    For UW to have a top 10 class they need to have the best instate class ever and they need to land every single one of them along with hitting most of there other targets. In the south, you can miss a lot more since theres so much talent. Plus USC needs to be terrible because if USC is on then you can forget about it.
    Yep, a really good in state class along with a couple really high 4 star/5 star guys from Cali and it can be done.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,033 Standard Supporter

There is no reason we can’t have top 10 classes, but there are so many more players to pull in the South than the West Coast. It’s not an excuse, it’s a reality.
    For UW to have a top 10 class they need to have the best instate class ever and they need to land every single one of them along with hitting most of there other targets. In the south, you can miss a lot more since theres so much talent. Plus USC needs to be terrible because if USC is on then you can forget about it.
    Yep, a really good in state class along with a couple really high 4 star/5 star guys from Cali and it can be done.
    Last year plus stephon Wright and Kyle Ford is not that far off.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,063

Last year plus stephon Wright and Kyle Ford is not that far off.
    Or this year if we had offered Gee Scott early, taken DJ Rodgers and Banks, and had taken Levi over Peacock.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,097 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

If you go by just 247 rankings last year was a top 10 class. The year before was 13. This year could be in the top 10 or slide just outside.

And next year's class will be the greatest recruiting class in the history of the galaxy lol hth
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Need Gee, Ringo, Carlton, Yary (not West), and a Flowe/Sewell (not McDonald).

You take high 3-stars and local studs like Esteen, Sawyer, and Bruener. But not middle-tier 3-stars like Smith, McDonald, and I hate to say Sunday cause I’m liking the kids story and how he plays with aggression, a la Dick, but yeah.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,437 Standard Supporter
    Eh, UW had what, six 4 star OL/DL last year?
    edited December 2019

And now we have Oregon to contend with

Now?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,362 Founders Club
    dtd said:

Now?
    Did I stutter?

Brooks was three years away from the 17 year plan to lose the Rose Bowl

We did not have to contend with Oregon in recruiting

dtd said:

Now?
    Did I stutter?

Or with being limited to 85 scholarships.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,033 Standard Supporter

dtd said:

Now?
    Did I stutter?

UCLA tried back then so whatever. There’s always an excuse. Fifo or get out the way.

dtd said:

Now?
    Did I stutter?

UCLA tried back then so whatever. There’s always an excuse. Fifo or get out the way.
    Agree
    dtd said:

dtd said:

Now?
    Did I stutter?

There's the quook

edited December 2019

dtd said:

dtd said:

Now?
    Did I stutter?

There's the quook

Not really. Clearly 85 leveled the playing field that UW was somewhat dominating. But it's been 25 fucking years, Race. Which program has a better record in the last THIRTY years? It's Oregon. And yeah, fuck '84 BYU. Was Kelee Ringo's mom even born yet? I get that you're you, but JFC, the context of everything CFB doesn't need to go back to Sonny Sixkiller to be valid.