Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taco Time’s Natural Beef Soft Taco

13»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Almost all of the Mexican food in Washington sucks ass. That was one thing I really did miss about California while living up there.

You know what's funny though @UW_Doog_Bot ... my carnitas de pipi amarillo are better than any I've ever had prepared at a Messican restaurant. And I've had a lot of carnitas in California and Arizona.
    That you've had? Sure. That I've had? No, no mijo.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Whatever. I just put some cheese and chicken in a low carb tortilla and microwaved it. Beat that bitches
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yakima exists. It's in Washington.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

Yakima is a shithole. It's the butthole of Washington.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Yakima is the worst city I've ever stayed the night in.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I once stayed the night in Yakima years ago just to see Brian Regan, when I couldn't ever find him on the west side for whatever reason. It was fine. Dry, sunny, and warm. Friendly folks in denim. Exactly how I like my eastern wa.

Recently I stayed two nights in Wenatchee where I was served the worst chicken soft taco, crisp bean burrito, and mexi fri I have ever eaten from Taco Time. I paid for the meal, got a refund for probably the worst stay I've ever had in any hotel that I can remember.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020

Yakima is the worst city I've ever stayed the night in.

Parts of Yak are ok. Knob Hill is quite nice. The downtown stretch is fine unless there's some sort of gang cultural get together nearby. Then make sure to be inside by dark.

South Yak is scary as fuck. But there's still a Sea Galley which is nice.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    Gorst or bust imo
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    When I was in high school, we liked to go over to West Oly to the Skipper's to get their all-you-can-eat fish and chips and chowder. I had a friend whose body was not too far from average sized, but he could eat a volume of food that was just unbelievable. He just kept on eating. Everything.

When we walked in, that manager knew he was fucked. They probably made money on me, but hey lost their ass on the two of us. I bet that fucker ate like 5 or 6 people's worth. We used to go to Skipper's, eat a ton, then go down the street to the Pied Piper quick stop where the Olympia crowd would assemble and let you know where the kegger was going to be that night.

Some day I'll tell you about winding up on a Korean log ship down at the port of Olympia and drinking beer that they bought us with the crew.

csb

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

When I was in high school, we liked to go over to West Oly to the Skipper's to get their all-you-can-eat fish and chips and chowder. I had a friend whose body was not too far from average sized, but he could eat a volume of food that was just unbelievable. He just kept on eating. Everything.

When we walked in, that manager knew he was fucked. They probably made money on me, but hey lost their ass on the two of us. I bet that fucker ate like 5 or 6 people's worth. We used to go to Skipper's, eat a ton, then go down the street to the Pied Piper quick stop where the Olympia crowd would assemble and let you know where the kegger was going to be that night.

Some day I'll tell you about winding up on a Korean log ship down at the port of Olympia and drinking beer that they bought us with the crew.

csb

The Skippers talk made me chuckle. My friend and I used to get dropped off there while his folks would go shopping. They'd be 2 hours or so and we'd eat that whole time. I remember being food drunk and laughing hysterically by the time they came back. Don't know how that place put up with us.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2020
    There’s a lot of Yakima bashing in this thread.

You betta come to the 7-11 on Fruitvale Ave. and say IT TO MY FACE!

But check out Los Hernandez Tamales in Union Gap first!

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/food-drink/eastern-washingtons-los-hernandez-tamales-wins-a-james-beard-award
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Taco Time has the best ice for the soft drinks. Something about their soft drinks are better than other fast food joints.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    For what it’s worth I always thought Union Gap was nice.

Yakima isn’t all that bad.

Not like that complete shithole Tacoma.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sea Galley rocks. I used to work at the Sea Galley in Totem Lake in the mid 80's. We had those crab legs we could walk around in and bus tables in. I ate so much fucking rice pilaf and mud pie for free
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

Sea Galley rocks. I used to work at the Sea Galley in Totem Lake in the mid 80's. We had those crab legs we could walk around in and bus tables in. I ate so much fucking rice pilaf and mud pie for free

Crab legs are the shit. Need to get some soon. When I was fresh outta college I had EBT (food stamps) and would eat Steak and crab legs almost every night. Then I got a job and was too lazy to renew them.